No announcement yet.

Creation Vancouver Con 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a wonderful family reunion this weekend which included family from Vancouver. Have now made arrangements to stay with them while at the con. Family and friends and Stargate, doesn't get much better than that!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Bray Tack View Post
      Thank you very much . I'll have to keep my ears to the ground .
      You're welcome! We all will...

Do you do (or have you done) any of their other cons?
      Welcome to MY life!

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSamFan View Post
        You're welcome! We all will...

Do you do (or have you done) any of their other cons?

I went to Vancouver last time in April 2008 . It was the Best Holiday I ever had . I lost a couple of things in a Taxi on my first Day . My photo's , my Gold pass , my photo opp's ticket , my bus tour ticket . my phone and my 100 dollar signed Teal'C Photo .

After a few hours of Fan's buying me comfort Drinks Because I was so unhappy , My Stuff was found . The Hilton never stopped looking for the driver who was 'Off Call ' at the time . 6 Hours had passed . I checked at reception about 17 million times . 2 Managers and the Reciptionest tracked me down . They told me that my bag was found .

The next time I go to the Hilton I will be Carring A Large Fruit Basket . They made my holiday .

As for the Con ~~~ I would do it again . Hopefully next April . I've got to Iron out a few loose end's first but I think their'll be no Problems .

What about Yourself .
        CRAZY IRISH GUY :

Puddle Jumper Pilot- Sheppard - Asmir
        Scientist - McKay - Shirt n' Tie
        Scientist - Zalenka- Bar
        Cook and able body - Ronon - Master Bray Tack .
        Crazy Irish Guy Was Here .

Spoiler:
        Are we Geeks or Nerds

Comment

Connor Trinneer has just been added to the list! yay! so glad I checked out Creation's site today

Comment

Yay! Just found out about Connor Trinneer too. Very exciting.

Also re Creation website: Any thoughts on the new Sunday "Behind the Scenes Tour"? Is it worth it do you think? I'm verging towards doing it. Have any of you done this one (or parts of it) before? If it looks like it's going to be good i'll need to work on my sales pitch to convince my Dad that it's one we should do!

And... when do you recommend buying tickets for Autographs and photo ops? Now, a few months prior to the event, or at the con? If i bought them before the con, when would i get/pick up the tickets? (i live in the UK)

Wow lots of questions. Comes from having it all running around in my head while going on holiday, and then hiding away until i've seen Continuum so as not to risk getting any spoilers!

Comment

The tickets are all held at the Creation desk, so they will always be waiting for you at pre-registration.
              Bar.
              e-mail(And msn messenger): [email protected]

Gravity can bind my feet, but it can never bind my imagination...

Comment

Originally posted by Gwynevere View Post
                Connor Trinneer has just been added to the list! yay! so glad I checked out Creation's site today

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwynevere View Post
                  Woohoo!

Already getting excited!
                  sigpic
                  Awesome sigs by scifan, Cazz, Luciana, elephantgirl, and GateMedic. Thanks guys!

My Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyGateGirl View Post
                    Yay! Just found out about Connor Trinneer too. Very exciting.

Also re Creation website: Any thoughts on the new Sunday "Behind the Scenes Tour"? Is it worth it do you think? I'm verging towards doing it. Have any of you done this one (or parts of it) before? If it looks like it's going to be good i'll need to work on my sales pitch to convince my Dad that it's one we should do!

And... when do you recommend buying tickets for Autographs and photo ops? Now, a few months prior to the event, or at the con? If i bought them before the con, when would i get/pick up the tickets? (i live in the UK)

Wow lots of questions. Comes from having it all running around in my head while going on holiday, and then hiding away until i've seen Continuum so as not to risk getting any spoilers!
                    Re: the behind the scenes tour. It doesn't sound that interesting to me to be honest, especially considering the price, $299 is a lot of money.

Re: photo op. We bought our Amanda photo ops right away, I don't know if these things can sell out, but we didn't want to run the risk. For the rest I think we will wait till more guests are added, so we can decide which we want.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                      Re: the behind the scenes tour. It doesn't sound that interesting to me to be honest, especially considering the price, $299 is a lot of money.

Actually, i cannot speak for everyone, but we did that tour this year, and it was VERY INTERESTING.
                      If you are a fan of behind the scenes stuff, you get to walk through Gateworks, and see a lot of props and sets/backdrops and even some items from shows from years ago, just sitting in a corner!!!
                      We saw A LOT of excellent stuff!
                      Bar.

Comment

Originally posted by bar View Post
                        Actually, i cannot speak for everyone, but we did that tour this year, and it was VERY INTERESTING.
                        If you are a fan of behind the scenes stuff, you get to walk through Gateworks, and see a lot of props and sets/backdrops and even some items from shows from years ago, just sitting in a corner!!!
                        Bar.
                        Lol, I guess it is personal. I just don't take an interest in that kind of thing. How long does this tour take? I wonder why it is so expensive.
                        sigpic

Comment

Lol, I guess it is personal. I just don't take an interest in that kind of thing. How long does this tour take? I wonder why it is so expensive.
                          About an hour and a half.
                          But if you have watched the show from the beginning, there are some BEAUTIFUL set dressing/props that you get to see.
                          When we were there in april, they had just finished filming the Daedalus variations, and were about to start filming the episode which aired yesterday, and we got to see the new exterior Pegasus stargate being built.
                          It's only if you are NUTS about Stargate!!!

Bar.

Comment

But if you have watched the show from the beginning, there are some BEAUTIFUL set dressing/props that you get to see.
                            When we were there in april, they had just finished filming the Daedalus variations, and were about to start filming the episode which aired yesterday, and we got to see the new exterior Pegasus stargate being built.

Bar.
                            Lol, I think that's a good description. Very cool that they're offering it, for those who are
                            sigpic

Comment

Re: photo op. We bought our Amanda photo ops right away, I don't know if these things can sell out, but we didn't want to run the risk. For the rest I think we will wait till more guests are added, so we can decide which we want.
                              That is what i was thinking with the photo ops. I would be so very disapointed if they sold out before i got around to buying them.

Bar.

Bar.
                              Seeing as i am 'NUTS' about Stargate, this tour is starting to really sound like something that i should do. All the props etc would be fantastic to see, and i love the behind the scenes stuff. And my mind set is that this might be a once in a lifetime oppertunity for me so it would be worth the money!

Now i need to work out how to convince my Dad aswell!

Thanks Bar and SamJackShipLover

Comment

No problemo!
                                PM coming your way!
                                Bar.

Comment

Working...
                                X