Creation Vancouver Con 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi
    Just wanted to let you all know that I bought my ticket - and can't wait for April 2009

Comment

Originally posted by bradb View Post
      Hey All,

I just purchased my gold ticket to the 2009 event, and I have a couple questions:

1. How is parking in Vancouver (specifically by the Hilton)? I'm not sure I want to spend ~$1,000 for a hotel room while I am up there, so I was looking into cheaper alternatives. I'm hoping I can get a nearby hotel and just go park at the Hilton each morning.

2. From what I read on the event site, the "Franchise Location Bus Tours" appears to be different from the regular set tours you get with the gold package. Is this true, and if so, worth it?

Looking forward to meeting you all in April!

1. My friend had a rental car last year and I believe (don't quote me) that it was $8 a day to park at the Hilton. I would suggest calling the hotel and ask. Also, there is parking at the mall across the street but I don't know if there are signs that say you can't park there unless you intend to shop there.

2. The location tour is different from the set tour. Location tour is an additional cost while set tour is included with gold and preferred (at least from 2008).

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake View Post
        Just a random post to say:

I wanna come!!!!!

lol, if wishes were dragons, all of Pern would fly.

K, I am done, I hope all of you have fun this year!
        what -- an Anne McCaffrey fan? COOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake View Post
          Just a random post to say:

I wanna come!!!!!

lol, if wishes were dragons, all of Pern would fly.

K, I am done, I hope all of you have fun this year!
          lol, You know what I was thinking about? *and this is a Wisconsin reference* For anyone who doesn't know, we have a very popular player for our football team that made a *HUGE* deal about how he was finally going to retire from the game... he made a big media thing about it, and now changed his mind and wants to come back.... It's ridiculous the controversy that it's causing...

Anyways, I don't mean that in a bad way, it just made me think of you, because we did your going away party last year... but isn't there *some* way of talking you into coming back???

Maybe?

Originally posted by BlueJello View Post
          1. My friend had a rental car last year and I believe (don't quote me) that it was $8 a day to park at the Hilton. I would suggest calling the hotel and ask. Also, there is parking at the mall across the street but I don't know if there are signs that say you can't park there unless you intend to shop there.

2. The location tour is different from the set tour. Location tour is an additional cost while set tour is included with gold and preferred (at least from 2008).

We did our own "Fan Location Tour" last year... and it was just a blast.... I'm sure we'll do something like that again this year....
          I still have memories of 'Jack's Cabin' and then 'yes there are fish' giggles...

Brad, find some people to room with, that definately cuts down on the cost... And it's so much fun staying overnight because we all meet in the lounge...
          sigpic
          awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by bradb View Post
            Hey All,

I just purchased my gold ticket to the 2009 event, and I have a couple questions:

1. How is parking in Vancouver (specifically by the Hilton)? I'm not sure I want to spend ~$1,000 for a hotel room while I am up there, so I was looking into cheaper alternatives. I'm hoping I can get a nearby hotel and just go park at the Hilton each morning.

2. From what I read on the event site, the "Franchise Location Bus Tours" appears to be different from the regular set tours you get with the gold package. Is this true, and if so, worth it?

Looking forward to meeting you all in April!
            I always park in Beresford Street, a residential street on the other side of the Skytrain bridge and only five minutes walk along McKay Ave to the Hilton, doesn't cost a thing!

The 'Franchise Location Bus Tour' is a tour in a nice coach around many of the locations used in Stargate with the show's location manager as guide and you pay extra for this. The set tour is a fantastic experience, wandering around the SGC and standing on the ramp in front of the Stargate and going to Atlantis as well!

A free alternative to the Franchise location tour is the self organised location tour where we all get together with a fleet of cars and try and get to various locations ourselves. We usually start a list in the new year of the places people most want to see. However it can be crazy and random as to how many places you get to with being waylaid by traffic, navigation and who knows what else, LOL!!! The highlight for me this year was all meeting up at Horizons (O'Mally's) for lunch.

I still can't afford to buy a con ticket yet but I'm hoping there will still be some left by the time I can. I really wanted to buy a Gold pass this year. If I don't get a ticket I'll still be there for all the other activities outside the con itself where I can meet up with everyone!

Look forward to meeting you, other new faces and of course all the other crazy ones coming back to Vancouver again! Will miss you Snowflake, it will seem strange with you not being there next year! I will ensure our next venture out on one of our travels before winter sets in will include Kelowna!

Comment

I'm in need of some advice

The only con I ever been to was AT3 in London. I had an awesome time and am now considering going to the Vancouver con (I know it's not the same as AT3, but I would love to experience a true Stargate con). If I go I would want a goldticket. The thing is, I'll probably won't be able to decide on going before october, due to personal reasons. Does anyone know how big the chance are by then Goldtickets will have sold out?
              If they likely are, I'm considering buying one now anyway and try to sell it if I won't be able to go.

And, I'm not sure how big the mainhall is, and how the seatings are. At AT3 I sat in the last row (which was 13) and that was just fine. Buying a Goldticket now, what row would that leave me? How many rows (and how many peeps in 1 row?) are there usually anyway. And any idea on what row that would be in october?

I hope you guys with more conexperience have some ideas
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                Buying a Goldticket now, what row would that leave me? How many rows (and how many peeps in 1 row?) are there usually anyway. And any idea on what row that would be in october?
                Well if I am reading my e-mail correctly (kind of cryptic looking in the order info area), my seat is at G26. Kind of further back than I would have liked for taking photos, but I can live with it.

So I assume you can expect to be at least 7 rows back or further (never been before, so no idea how far back it goes).

Of course I could be completely reading the e-mail incorrectly.

Comment

The only con I ever been to was AT3 in London. I had an awesome time and am now considering going to the Vancouver con (I know it's not the same as AT3, but I would love to experience a true Stargate con). If I go I would want a goldticket.
                  Base on the last 3 VanCon that I attended. The Gold ticket might or might not sold out by then.

2006 was a good Con, so good that so many people talk about it here (with Cliff taking his shirt off ), I think that somehow make lots of people want to come too, so 2007 tickets sold out very fast and I mean ALL of the tickets, so they didn't have general admission ticket that year, the room was soooo full that it's hard to walk around. I think Creation was over-sell or something, and the queue-ing was so bad, that many people complaint about it. The Con itself was great... so many fun memories, I purchased my 2008 ticket there & then.

But I think these complaints also made people more wary to buy for 2008, hence there was some General-Admission tickets available, the queue still bad, but Creation did try to better themselves. The actors now can be asked to personalised the pictures and we had lots of nice additional auto for free (like John Smith, Brad Wright, Martin Wood) and I can say that Creation did everything they possibly could to organise this.

If I go by the posts in this thread, which is less-enthusiastic than last year I think there's still be tickets available. Just don't quote me on this. There always people that can't go on the last minute, so they will re-sell their tickets around January or even March. Since I can't make arrangement to go to Vancouver until end of January, I have to wait until then to decide to go too.

If you only want to go there to see Amanda, I'd say you just wait until October. Worst case scenario, you can just buy General Admission ticket & photo-op & Auto-op for Amanda and you still get the same Con-experience. But if you want to see the Studio-tour, then you can buy Gold or Preferred which (usually) still there by October.
                  sigpic
                  sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Thanks L-Jade, that really helps This sounds like I can take the chance to wait. I might know already in august though, so that'll be even better.

And nope, I'm going for the total con experience. Since I'm coming all the way from Europe and only am doing this once, I really would like a goldticket. I'll see Amanda at AT4 anyway.

I'm totally excited and really hope I can go

Another question. It sais the studio tour in on Saturday. Does that take the whole day? Isn't there anything going on in the main hall you'll miss that way??

And if someones wants to take the time ... I would love a general schedule of what normally happens on those 4 days. I have no idea if it are 4 full days or more like 2 full and 2 half days. I know at AT3 we had 2 days and were to be seated around like 8.30 in the morning and it didn't end till pretty late ... it were packed days with just the official Amanda stuff (yay!).
                    sigpic

Comment

Another question. It sais the studio tour in on Saturday. Does that take the whole day? Isn't there anything going on in the main hall you'll miss that way??
                      You're welcome. If you come from Europe, I think it's better if you take Gold ticket or at least Preferred ones... The studio tour takes about 2 hours (including travel from the hotel to the studio to & fro) At the Registration, you will be ask to choose the time for the Studio Tour.. I think it's from 6.30 upto 12AM. The last group will return to the hotel just before the Convention begins.

Creation will post their schedule when they know for sure howmany actors sign up. aka near March you will get the schedule.
                      Last edited by L-JADE; 28 July 2008, 11:17 AM. Reason: spelling
                      sigpic

Comment

The tour takes about an hour or so.
                        There are four tours scheduled for the day, so you pick the one that most suits you so you don't miss anyone important on stage.
                        I am going to be doing all four this year...
                        Wooohooo!
                        Bar.
                        e-mail(And msn messenger): [email protected]

Gravity can bind my feet, but it can never bind my imagination...

Comment

Originally posted by bar View Post
                          There are four tours scheduled for the day, so you pick the one that most suits you so you don't miss anyone important on stage.
                          Wooohooo!
                          Bar.

Are you planning to take over the base ???
                          sigpic

Comment

Wooohooo!
                            Bar.
                            You crazy person!

By the way, has anyone made a Vancouver 2009 banner thingy yet to add to our sigs? Any volunteers? I vote for a purple one.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L-JADE View Post

Are you planning to take over the base ???
                              No, i just want to be sure i can get enough time at the gaterooms.
                              Bar.
                              e-mail(And msn messenger): [email protected]

Gravity can bind my feet, but it can never bind my imagination...

Comment

No, i just want to be sure i can get enough time at the gaterooms.
                                Bar.
                                The gateroom might be not as we've seen this year... there might be a SG Universe gateroom there...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X