Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
    AWwwww.....
    I don't think I could do that..... I'd be all embarassed and red for the picture....
    It would be funny though....

OT: I was going to go to Shore Leave but then found out that I'm going to Disney World.... then I was a little mad that I decided not to go... cuz he's going...

Ah well, will have to work on Cliff Simon.....
    I'm actually thinking of going to ShoreLeave since I found out its like 30-45min from where I live and not to mention David and Kate Hewlett are gonna be there too. And saw a link to some DC con in someones sig where Andee Frizzel and Cliff Simon are going to and am contemplating on going there as well. Nice to see some stuff closer to where I live but nothing will ever beat Vancouver though.

Comment

Originally posted by bar View Post
      Yes. With this crowd, you will always be able to work something out.

I was also wondering about the dates for 2009, guys.
      Stewart and i definitely intend to spend longer in Vancouver next year.
      We will probably be arriving the monday the week of the convention, but we are planning to stay about a week afterwards(We stayed two extra days this time and it wasn't long enough!!!).
      Anyone else planning a longer stay in sunny Vancouver?
      We'd love to be able to hang after the hubbub has died down. Perhaps even take in some of the local sights again with like-minded Stargate loons like us.
      Just wondering if anyone has anything like that planned.
      As soon as we know exact dates, i will post more.
      Bar.
      Well I know I'll still be around, seeing as I live here. lol. I definitely wouldn't mind hanging out with you guys after work though (since I will sadly have to go back to work once the con is over. *sigh*). That is, if you don't mind spending some of your late afternoons/evenings with a slightly-not-so-crazy Vancouverite/Stargate loon . It feels very odd calling myself a Vancouverite though, lol. I've only technically been in Vancouver, or even BC, a year. Actually, a year last Friday to be exact. I guess that'd be what I could call my Van-iversary (Vancouver Anniversary for anyone not living inside my crazy head that comes up with these non-words. lol).

Comment

2009 will be my first year to it and i am really excited and i have no idea what to expect out of it, but i am excited.
        sigpic

Comment

Very cool!!!
          I go to Disney World in July... I'll have to make sure I post a few for you guys to see
          Especially of the Tower of Terror that they have there....

Hi. I am not sure if any of the discounts on this page will apply to you since some of them are for florida residents but I thought I would post it just in case.

http://www.mousesavers.com/

Comment

Originally posted by CareBear View Post
            I'm actually thinking of going to ShoreLeave since I found out its like 30-45min from where I live and not to mention David and Kate Hewlett are gonna be there too. And saw a link to some DC con in someones sig where Andee Frizzel and Cliff Simon are going to and am contemplating on going there as well. Nice to see some stuff closer to where I live but nothing will ever beat Vancouver though.
            Very cool! I'm just doing Chicago in August between now and next year... but there's so much other stuff going on with friends and family between now and then....

Originally posted by Rachael25 View Post
            2009 will be my first year to it and i am really excited and i have no idea what to expect out of it, but i am excited.
            Welcome! It's a lot of fun, and you meet great people, and did I mention a bit of 'mayhem'.... No? Well there's that too....

Originally posted by sabrina_lane03 View Post
            Hi. I am not sure if any of the discounts on this page will apply to you since some of them are for florida residents but I thought I would post it just in case.

http://www.mousesavers.com/
            Sweet! Thanks!
            *heading off to check it out...*
            sigpic
            awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Be excited....be very excited!!!

Welcome to the crazy thread with all the crazy people. And if the Burbank thread or the Chicago thread tells you they are crazier, don't believe them!!! We are the crazy thread!!!

Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Very cool! I'm just doing Chicago in August between now and next year... but there's so much other stuff going on with friends and family between now and then....
                Yea I'll probably just have to worry about gettin those days off from work cuz work is so busy in the summer I hardly have time for anything else. Stupid summer time crab season in Maryland making the restaurant super busy so I don't really get to enjoy most of my summer. But at least it pays for the fun I have in Vancouver.

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post

Be excited....be very excited!!!

Welcome to the crazy thread with all the crazy people. And if the Burbank thread or the Chicago thread tells you they are crazier, don't believe them!!! We are the crazy thread!!!

Unless you go from the Chicago thread back to this one....
                  I don't have to pick a crazier one do I?
                  I think that we already know the answer to that one....

*thinking of all the reasons I love Vancouver*
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateByte View Post
                    Well I know I'll still be around, seeing as I live here. lol. I definitely wouldn't mind hanging out with you guys after work though (since I will sadly have to go back to work once the con is over. *sigh*). That is, if you don't mind spending some of your late afternoons/evenings with a slightly-not-so-crazy Vancouverite/Stargate loon . It feels very odd calling myself a Vancouverite though, lol. I've only technically been in Vancouver, or even BC, a year. Actually, a year last Friday to be exact. I guess that'd be what I could call my Van-iversary (Vancouver Anniversary for anyone not living inside my crazy head that comes up with these non-words. lol).
                    LOL! I understood that, so I guess it's got something to do with being a Vancouverite! I will celebrate my 3rd Van-iversary at the end of October.

Got some good news on the job front. I went to an interview in Downtown Vancouver today and the guy was interested in hiring me but thought a trial period of a week would be a good idea to see if we think it would work for both of us. I'm happy with that as I really liked the atmosphere of the place and I think I will like it there. It was a really nice relaxed interview. It's a big step towards finally getting a permanent job after all the tries over the last 6 months!

Whilst it will be a bit of a commute from where I live I will go by train so won't be driving in all that lovely Vancouver rush hour traffic, hurray! I prefer to use public transport if given a choice, it also means I can relax and read a good book on the journey.

Comment

YAY! you go Krisz
                      sigpic
                      sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Hello!

2009 will be my first year to it too Also really excited! Although am slightly concerned about the crazy people that it seems we will be surrounded with....

... On the other hand i think that i'm going to fit right in

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                          Got some good news on the job front. I went to an interview in Downtown Vancouver today and the guy was interested in hiring me but thought a trial period of a week would be a good idea to see if we think it would work for both of us. I'm happy with that as I really liked the atmosphere of the place and I think I will like it there. It was a really nice relaxed interview. It's a big step towards finally getting a permanent job after all the tries over the last 6 months!
                          That is fabulous!!! Hopefully everything works out... So on that note:
                          Congrats~
                          I hope it works cuz that would mean that you could come back to the con, right?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyGateGirl View Post
                            Hello!

2009 will be my first year to it too Also really excited! Although am slightly concerned about the crazy people that it seems we will be surrounded with....

... On the other hand i think that i'm going to fit right in

Indeed!

Hey, GGG where abouts in Kent do you live? I used to live in East Grinstead in W.Sussex. I always look forward to meeting fellow Brits and ending up reminiscing on things about the old country on occasion!!

That is fabulous!!! Hopefully everything works out... So on that note:
                            Congrats~
                            I hope it works cuz that would mean that you could come back to the con, right?
                            Thanks. If I get the job confirmed as permanent I will certainly go to the con, but I don't think I'll be in a position to afford it for a few months though, loads of stuff to sort out first!! Whilst I can still go an meet up with everyone at various fan organised activities it's not the complete experience without attending the con itself as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                              Indeed!

Hey, GGG where abouts in Kent do you live? I used to live in East Grinstead in W.Sussex. I always look forward to meeting fellow Brits and ending up reminiscing on things about the old country on occasion!!

Thanks. If I get the job confirmed as permanent I will certainly go to the con, but I don't think I'll be in a position to afford it for a few months though, loads of stuff to sort out first!! Whilst I can still go an meet up with everyone at various fan organised activities it's not the complete experience without attending the con itself as well!
                              Oooh, one of my Aunts lives in East Grinstead! I will PM you (or at least attempt too lol) with my actual location. Over the years my Dad has cautioned me over the forces of evil that lurk on the internet ( ) that now i find it hard to be open about some things on forums!!

It would be great to meet you

I hope that everything with the job works out for you, and that you also manage to eventually make it to the con!

Comment

Originally posted by CareBear View Post
                                ...And saw a link to some DC con in someones sig where Andee Frizzel and Cliff Simon are going to and am contemplating on going there as well. Nice to see some stuff closer to where I live but nothing will ever beat Vancouver though.
                                That was my sig. It is JumpCon here is the link to the GateWorld thread http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=54525 and here is the Con link http://www.jumpcon.com/washington/

The listed guests are the following (* on Stargate people):

Jason Carter
                                Bruce Boxleitner
                                Tracy Scoggins
                                Mira Furlan
                                *Peter Woodward
                                Ed Wasser
                                Maggie Egan
                                Peter Jurasik
                                William Forsythe
                                Fat Mama
                                Joshua Cox
                                Mary Kay Adams
                                Stephen Furst
                                Kitty Swink
                                *Armin Shimerman
                                Gerald Home
                                Adrian Paul
                                Mary Tamm
                                Norman Lovett
                                Hattie Hayridge
                                David Winning
                                Glenn Shadix
                                Jennifer Rhodes
                                Vaughn Armstrong
                                *Peter Wingfield
                                Richard Herd
                                Steve Rankin
                                Ronald B Moore
                                Casey Biggs
                                James Horan
                                Barry Jenner
                                Grant Cramer
                                *Cliff Simon
                                *Mussetta Vander
                                Deborah Watling
                                Louise Fletcher
                                Andrew Divoff
                                William Jones
                                *Andee Frizzel
                                *Vanessa Angel
                                *Bill Dow
                                Frazer Hines
                                Kathleen Garrett
                                Lori Alan
                                Gina Holden

Slam

Parsippany NJ Twilight Creation 2013** ~~~ NYCC 2010/11/12** ~~~ Wizard World New York City Experience 2013* ~~~ Los Angles CA Xena Creation 2014? ~~~ Los Angles CA Grand Slam Creation 2014? ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Star Trek Creation 2012/ 13** ~~~ Philadelphia PA Wizard World 2009/11/12/13** ~~~ Las Vegas NV Star Trek Creation 2014? ~~~ Orlando FL Star Wars Celebration 2014? ~~~ Parsippany NJ Supernatural Creation 2012/13* ~~~ Parsippany NJ Vampire Diaries Creation 2013? ~~~ Chicago IL Stargate Creation 2009/12/ 13* ~~~ Dragon*Con 2011/12/13* ~~~
                                (* planned) (** booked) (? maybe)
                                Vancouver BC Stargate Creation 2008/09/10/12 ~~~ Parsippany NJ Star Trek Creation 2009/11 ~~~ Los Angles CA TriCon Stargate/Farscape/Firefly Creation Con 2010 ~~~ New York NY Fangoria Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Supernatural Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Stargate Creation 2008 ~~~ Secaucus NJ Stargate Creation 2007 ~~~ Cherry Hill/Philadelphia/Valley Forge Star Trek 1977-1988

Comment

Working...
                                X