Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, sorry guys, I've been rather quiet of late (not that I was ever a constant poster of messages) but no doubt like many people I've had some real problems getting onto Gateworld since the changes (which Darren, when I can get on, are great!).

Anyway, please add me to the roll call for Gatecon:

Elaine (and friend Karen) - SEKH's Party - Yes
    Bus Tours - No
    Studio Tour - We hope so!

We arrive on Wednesday 14th July, so will be cutting things fine for getting onto the bus for Sekh's Party - but we will be there.

We will be in Vancouver for a couple of extra days after Gatecon has finished, before moving onto other parts of the country.

It's getting very close now, so everyone who is going I hope you have a safe journey, and look forward to catching up with a few people in a couple of weeks.

Elaine

Comment

If it's really a big deal we can work out the restaurant details when we all get together. I'm sure we'll be able to work out a good arrangement. I'm up for Cronus, but there are some good alternatives here. Let's throw 'em all on the table

Comment

there is also (or was last year) a quizno's sandwiches and a subway in a strip mall about 3 blocks away. a pizza hut about 6 blocks down or so

someone that gets in early could go for a bit of a walk, scout out the places within walking distance and have an option or three for dinner

there is a chinese restaurant about a block away, never eaten there and it is a bit high class (as in you can't just stroll in in your jeans) and it's also a wee bit expensive (we popped in and looked at the menu, then went elsewhere)
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

We also need to consider the fact that the mall contains a food court, sure to suit every appetite. But is it necessary to walk that far?

Comment

LOVE the food court, but we'd be very limited in terms of hours and the seating area there isn't conducive to large groups and it's rather... public. And noisy. And distracting.

And didn't I say people would be too lazy to walk far for food?

Comment

OK then a restaurant sounds good. I don't like Subs or too much Chinese (I know, I know, tsk tsk) but I can get a to-go bag from somewhere else if necessary

Comment

Hi everyone!

I know it's late and I *just* joined but I'm coming to Gatecon and would love to meet you guys. I'd especially like to meet Dave again, considering he got me 'on tape' for the Gatecon 2003 snippet he's got on the website here. Why I thought he was kidding about putting it up there I have no idea...

Anyways, looking forward to seeing you all at the con! And before I forget, *loved* the interview with David Palffy

-- Foxy

Comment

Like I said, as long as there's good food involved, I'm there. That being said, I'm not keen on subs, either, but I'm fairly open-minded otherwise. If all else fails, I'll steal food from David's to-go bag.

Comment

Originally posted by FoxyBrownSGC
                    I'd especially like to meet Dave again, considering he got me 'on tape' for the Gatecon 2003 snippet he's got on the website here. -- Foxy

Where were you in the video, Foxy? (I'll put your name down on our party list)

BTW everyone, a part of my Gatecon featurette this year will be the little party we have. So everyone who goes to the GW get-together will be featured in the documentary

Comment

Originally posted by David
                      Where were you in the video, Foxy? (I'll put your name down on our party list)
                      I was one of the peole you chatted with about Colin's fan club. I was the one with the big, curly hair Thanks for putting me down on the party list!

BTW everyone, a part of my Gatecon featurette this year will be the little party we have. So everyone who goes to the GW get-together will be featured in the documentary
                      Cool! Can't wait to meet up with you folks plus be 'immortalized' in video

-- Foxy

Comment

So everyone who goes to the GW get-together will be featured in the documentary
                        Oh gee, I just remembered. I have to wash my hair that night...

Comment

Originally posted by Feli
                          NAME, SEKH'S PARTY, CITY TOUR, OUTER REGIONS TOUR, STUDIO TOUR (if available)
                          Leseee, I'm FoxyBrownSGC, I'll be going on the City Tour on Monday (I'm 'Bus Mom' for that one), Sekh's Party, the Outer Regions Tour, and am undecided about the Studio Tour at the moment. There's a lot of photos I want during the photo session so I may have to skip the studio thang.

-- Foxy

Comment

trish? is that you?????

sigpic

Comment

aah, so i better make sure i keep a hold of that camera

I may have to touch base with you guys and see what room you're in. i think our annual trip to Horizons/O'Malley's is thu night so we're doing that for dinner, but i want to catch up with y'all

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                trish? is that you?????
                                Yep, it's Trish!

Comment

Working...
                                X