This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David
    Actually a poll might be the most handy in this case just to weigh what everyone would like to do and then crunch the results. But naah. I'd rather read detailed responses to what everyone wants to do.
    Cluck cluck cluck cluck... Wherever is that noise coming from?

I can understand your reluctance. After all, if you make a poll, there'd be no way for people to leave detailed responses, 'cause everyone knows you can't reply to a poll beyond your vote.

Plus, y'know, it's been so long since you made one. You've probably forgotten how...

In all seriousness, though- or in as much seriousness as I can get, I can see your point.

Comment

Originally posted by David
      Well, with Richard talking that the coctail party will be cut dramatically shorter with a concert afterward, I think we need to take it to a vote at just who would like to attend the mini party and concert. Personally I'd rather be with all of you guys.

What does everyone say we show up at the cocktail party, hang for ten or fifteen minutes to get everyone together, and then take off to Cronos, perhaps go back and check in on the concert, and if it's not appealing, crash someone's hotel room?
      Count me in. Sounds like a good plan. Being a Gatecon virgin, I was going to just attend the cocktail party, oggle the crowd but not stay for the concert.

Comment

Finally getting caught up with you all... Gilder

NAME, SEKH'S PARTY, CITY TOUR, OUTER REGIONS TOUR

Skydiver - no, no, no
        MAL - no, no, yes
        Suethelurker - yes, no, no
        Diane - yes, no, no
        Feli, yes, no, yes
        Norlioness - yes, yes, yes
        Jynjyr - yes, yes, yes

Gilder - Yes, no, no.
        (Arriving early AM 14 July, crashing at BW until lunchtime. Departing 20 July in evening. Can you tell the overnight connections were least expensive?)

David, no, no, no
        Ruralstar -
        Glenda---No, No, No
        Scarym - no,
        ShadowMaat - yes, no, no
        Xathras - yes, no, yes[/QUOTE]
        Gilder

You can contact me through my GW Forums profile (email preferred) or on Facebook.

www.chimaeracon.com

Comment

I second Skydiver. I'd like to meet up with you all after the cocktail party...I enjoyed it last year. Especially when David Palffy and Dougie Arthurs showed up! *says she who mistook David for JR and had to think fast!*

As for Cronos, I did NOT enjoy that last year. I think the kitchen was overwhelmed, even though I think the GateGoers listmums had advised Cronos of the number expected. Would like to try it again when it's not so busy, see if the food is better.

Thursday lunch, I have plans with the Colin Cunningham Fans.

Richmond Mall? Yes, David, if you will help me carry my yarn purchases. (Hey, I can save a few pennies, I think, by purchasing Patons and Bernat in Canada.)

How about Ikon, the karaoke bar a short walk from the BW? *says she who at least can carry a tune in a bucket and play rhythm on it!*

Gilder

Originally posted by Skydiver
          i can lurk, presuming my friends and i aren't out to dinner (that's what we usually do in lieu of the cocktail party)

maybe if y'all raid a room, stick a note on the bulletin board in the lobby for any late comers

you know, 'gateworld room party room XXX from 8-10' or whatever
          Last edited by Gilder; 28 June 2004, 07:45 PM.
          Gilder

You can contact me through my GW Forums profile (email preferred) or on Facebook.

www.chimaeracon.com

Comment

I love the mall. I think I even managed not to get lost in it one time last year. First time in three years of Gatecon that I managed not to get mixed up after hitting the food court. It's the food, honestly. My stomach takes over and my internal compass goes whirling off into a corner somewhere...

Comment

Originally posted by Norlioness
              Count me in. Sounds like a good plan. Being a Gatecon virgin, I was going to just attend the cocktail party, oggle the crowd but not stay for the concert.
              Count me in as well. I wasn't planning to stay for the concert either. I would like to "oggle the crowd" at the cocktail party though.
              You're never too old to do something goofy.
              sigpic
              Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

I'm going to the mega Star Trek con in Vegas this month, but I swear next year I'm going to Gatecon.

*sigh- I've created a monster*
                "You're creepin' me out, Mc Kay." Carter

Comment

Hi Gilder, How's the hair?

Zat Gun aka: Stu, aka: URGO - yes, yes, yes

(Arriving late 13, July, leaving 20, July, staying at BW, volunteering at Gatecon, dressed as URGO for costume compitition)

See you there.
                  Hi also to Nolamom & ShadowMaat

Originally posted by Gilder
                  Finally getting caught up with you all... Gilder

NAME, SEKH'S PARTY, CITY TOUR, OUTER REGIONS TOUR

Gilder - Yes, no, no.
                  (Arriving early AM 14 July, crashing at BW until lunchtime. Departing 20 July in evening. Can you tell the overnight connections were least expensive?)
                  Last edited by Zat Gun; 02 July 2004, 02:47 AM.
                  I have two Amazon parrots and the scars to prove it.
                  Zat Gun
                  aka: URGO, aka: Stu

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    i've never been keen on the cocktail party. like you said, mediocre food, overpriced drinks ($2 for a 12 oz glass of soda????) and just standing around is boring.

and i agree, it would be 'worth it' if the actors showed up, but i guess they don't mingle with us lowly fans anymore

(in reality, i think it's voluntary for them to show up, they're likely busy)

I personally don't plan to attend the concert. I would rather spend time with friends than deal with too loud music that likely isn't even to my taste (i'm boring, i like the oldies <G>)

Cronos is good, so is Boston Pizza (pizza joint two blocks to the east)

cronos is used to us, although i don't know if they're expecting us in july instead of sept.

Both places seem to be pretty accomodating and the food is good at both...although i think the service is a wee bit better at boston pizza.

david, since you're highest ranking GW'er here, wanna pick a time and place?
                    have to say I usually enjoy the cocktail party because it's the chance to catch up with people I havn't seen yet......

Cronos I hate <g> have been there twice, total stodge and not a lot of choice for vegetarians who like vegetables..... I usually eat pizza and it's not very good pizza IMO =- well not to my tastes anyhow.

alcohol is good though - no matter where it's served it tends to hit the spot so meeting for a drink is preferable for me. I'w working most of Friday so thursday works - if we have no firm plans I'll arrange to do something else but it would be good to have a GW get together... where's Rural BTW? not seen her around for a while....... Mal do you know??

Diane

Comment

The hair is just fine, Stu. Did not fulfill the wish of dancing in it, but maybe you can help with that at the cocktail party...*grin*

Diane, good to see you posting! You and I were at the same table at Cronos. You know, I don't think dinner at Cronos is on the GateGoers' list this year, anyway.

Here's an idea--how about brunch about 9:30 AM Thurs. 15, after the 8 AM volunteers' meeting? The BW serves a nice breakfast buffet.
                      Gilder

www.chimaeracon.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gilder
                        The hair is just fine, Stu. Did not fulfill the wish of dancing in it, but maybe you can help with that at the cocktail party...*grin*

Diane, good to see you posting! You and I were at the same table at Cronos. You know, I don't think dinner at Cronos is on the GateGoers' list this year, anyway.

Here's an idea--how about brunch about 9:30 AM Thurs. 15, after the 8 AM volunteers' meeting? The BW serves a nice breakfast buffet.
                        I've never said no to brunch, ever. I'm not gonna start now.
                        See ya there Gilder.
                        I have two Amazon parrots and the scars to prove it.
                        Zat Gun
                        aka: URGO, aka: Stu

Comment

Originally posted by dmb55uk
                          have to say I usually enjoy the cocktail party because it's the chance to catch up with people I havn't seen yet......

Cronos I hate <g> have been there twice, total stodge and not a lot of choice for vegetarians who like vegetables..... I usually eat pizza and it's not very good pizza IMO =- well not to my tastes anyhow.

alcohol is good though - no matter where it's served it tends to hit the spot so meeting for a drink is preferable for me. I'w working most of Friday so thursday works - if we have no firm plans I'll arrange to do something else but it would be good to have a GW get together... where's Rural BTW? not seen her around for a while....... Mal do you know??

Diane
                          Hi Diane

*puts up hand* Here I am. I didn't care for Cronos either. Hubs and I ate there last year and then some other friends and I tried it again a couple nights later. I was not impressed at all. Food was blah and I'm not that picky of an eater. Their breakfast is decent though.

I'm going out and about with some friends on Thursday, I'm not sure if we will be back in time for this little reandevous. Denise posted earlier that a note on the bulletin board saying which room the get together had been moved to might be a good idea. I like that suggestion as well. For those of us who straggle in. Certainly up to you all. Hope to see some of the regulars there!

Comment

Originally posted by dmb55uk

Diane
                            helloooo :-) cant wait to see you!!

Comment

cronos' isn't too bad....ok, not fantastic and i was heartily sick of it 3 years ago when a friend of mine fixated on it and we ate there like 5 times...however it is slightly better than the over priced food in the hotel (although, considering the exchange rate it's not THAT bad)

for better pizza, boston pizza 2 blocks away is better. and the food court at the mall has a good selection, although thier hours suck

I know some friends of mine are also doing brunch thu am after the meeting and we're also doing dinner at horizons (aka o'malley's) thu night, but i can catch up with you guys after that.

i'm volunteering all 3 days so they're pretty much shot
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Cronos isn't spectacular, but it's edible, IMO. I like the selection and the prices better than the places in the hotel itself and I do like Boston Pizza, but I figure Cronos is closer for convenience's sake. If people wanted to trek two blocks over rather than eat at Cronos, I'm up for that, too. I just figure that people tend to be lazy and will go for what's closest.

Comment

Working...
                                X