Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burbank, Baby!!! (Official SG Con, Burbank 2008)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chelle View Post
    I called Crestion this afternoon to ask if there was a problem, and they confirmed my tickets and told me if we don't receive our tickets before we leave home that we'd just have to tell them our names when we get to Resitration, and they'll issue tickets on site. I'm not worried.
    Phew!!!

I had a feeling I'd have to do that anyway. Oh, well.

I have super news: I get a $250 bonus for working at the preschool for a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel so much better now. I was worried I'd have only enough money for gas, food, and the room. But, it looks like I'll afford a few autograph tickets!

I have yet to pack still . . . I'm good at packing last minutes anyways. Now I'm off to a quick lunch and a power nap before Disneyland!!!

Comment

*pokes head in and waves hello*

I'm a SoCal local and I was thinking of going to the con this weekend (probably just Sunday, as Saturday is kinda booked), and I've got a couple of questions for you folks who have been to the Burbank con before.

First, how long would you say the lines to get through registration in the morning are? Since I'm jumping in late, I'll be getting my ticket (general) at the door, and since the Creation site says that they'll be opening registration on Sunday at 9:30, I'm wondering how early I should arrive to get a reasonable place in line so that when they do open, I can get through as quickly as possible.

Second, how would you rate the dealers' room? How big is it/how many sellers are there? Is there a wide variety of items (unusual/unique items as well as the more usual t-shirts, books, trading cards, etc.) available?

Thanks for your answers, and hopefully, maybe I'll see some of you there on Sunday!

PS Spacemonkey_Jackson: Yay Disneyland! *sighs* I have so got to go soon so I can squee over the Christmas decorations... couldn't find a day to go during HalloweenTime...
      Last edited by Scary Kitty; 19 November 2008, 02:00 PM.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacemonkey_Jackson View Post
        I haven't received mine either. Creation sure is cutting it pretty close this time around . . .

Edit: I just checked my e-mail. I only received a confirmation e-mail. If I don't get my ticket in the mail by tomorrow, I'm gonna call and see what's up.
        If you don't have an "invoice" email, it's possible that your order didn't go through. CALL CREATION NOW! It's happened to me. Confirmation doesn't mean diddly if there's no invoice. Invioce means they charged the credit card. You don't want to be hosed, so call today.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacemonkey_Jackson View Post
          I have super news: I get a $250 bonus for working at the preschool for a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have yet to pack still . . . I'm good at packing last minutes anyways.
          Woo hoo! good for you! Now when you get home- go pack
          Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
          sigpic

Comment

The one and only creation event I've been to there wasn't a dealer's 'room'. There were just tables lined outside the convention ballrooms. I don't know if this is different than other Creation events, but I was quite surprised by the lack of dealers tables last year for the Firefly event.
            sigpic
            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Last year, the vendors were in the foyers. They didn't have rooms..per say.

Comment

Creation IS the vendor... for the most part. Sometimes, other vendors are able to set up tables, but there most likely won't be more than 6-10, maximum.

Comment

Just checked the weather. It looks gorgeous! Highs in the low 80s. Lows in the upper 50s. Just about perfect! See y'all soon!!

Comment

Originally posted by Switch42 View Post
                    Just checked the weather. It looks gorgeous! Highs in the low 80s. Lows in the upper 50s. Just about perfect! See y'all soon!!
                    Phoenix weather...

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                      The one and only creation event I've been to there wasn't a dealer's 'room'. There were just tables lined outside the convention ballrooms. I don't know if this is different than other Creation events, but I was quite surprised by the lack of dealers tables last year for the Firefly event.
                      Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                      Last year, the vendors were in the foyers. They didn't have rooms..per say.
                      Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
                      Creation IS the vendor... for the most part. Sometimes, other vendors are able to set up tables, but there most likely won't be more than 6-10, maximum.
                      Aha, thanks for the info! I had attended a Xena convention at the same location over 10 years ago, and I wasn't sure if things had changed since then, or not. Looks like not.
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Switch42 View Post
                        Oh man, I'm gonna MELT! That is soooo hot compared to here(Northwest Washington). *sighs* guess its a good thing I'm packing 'light'.
                        Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
                        sigpic

Comment

Snowflake arrived here in California safely late yesterday evening, and we just spent a crazy day shopping for con clothes and having a yummy dinner..... The first thing she said when we stepped outside of the terminal was "OMG!!! It's freaking WARM here!!!!"

Now I'm headed upstairs to finish packing, cuz we have to be up early to hit the road. I'll post once we get there....

See everyone shortly!

Is it November now? How 'bout NOW?! NOW?!!!?!? I want it NOW!!!

Comment

Glad to hear that she made it okay! Only one more night before some of us leave! Whoohoo! Can't wait to see the new con clothes you bought!
                            The weather looks great there! Much more appealing than the 20 degree possible snow that we have here in Wisco....
                            sigpic
                            awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Hey, everyone!

Just wanted to let you all know that Creation finally got off their butts and posted the complete schedule for the weekend.

Comment

According to the info in the schedule, they will be back in 2009. So, this isn't the final year.

Comment

Working...
                                X