Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burbank, Baby!!! (Official SG Con, Burbank 2008)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M2W View Post
    I seriously don't know how it happened...

I am fairly positive I ordered the right tickets...

Remember how I told you guys I ordered two preferred for Firefly and one gen admin and a auto ticket for Hewlett?

I somehow ended up with two preferred for Stargate AND one gen admin for Stargate and the auto ticket.

I didn't print out the original confirmation message that pops up when you order because I thought I was going to get an email one. I never got the email one, but I'm trusting of Creation since I hadn't heard any horror stories.

The list that came with the tickets says I ordered all Stargate though, so I can't fight it. I guess it's possible I somehow ordered the wrong thing, but I REALLY don't think so.

SO, now I not only can't afford to buy new tickets to go to the Firefly stuff (I'm crying now, I was SO excited to get all the autographs), but I have this extra gen admin ticket and auto pass I don't even freakin' need. And aside from Hewlett, I REALLY would've rather had the Firefly autographs.

I just bought a house! I can't afford to waste like that! I'm SO just spazzing out.

OMG, you poor thing!!!!!!!! That sucks so bad!!!
    I would be freaking out!!!!!!! I feel for you darling.

I am on my way in 9 hours, see you soon Chelle!!
    so I will talk to you all in a few days

4 days till Cake!!!
    Music and Stargate
    sigpic
    Perfection

Comment

The smoke hasn't affected Burbank too badly in the last few days. Over the weekend it was terrible. It all depends on which way the wind is blowing and how badly the fires are burning. But if you DO smell smoke then don't go outside. The particles being blown around by the wind can make you really sick. I had trouble breathing this weekend. But its been better the last two days.

As far as driving down from NorCal on the 5. I think its open now. I was up in Valencia on Sunday and the fires were burning fairly close to the freeway but its either hit the freeway by now or they've put that section of it out. I haven't seen the news in the last day.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by M2W View Post
        I seriously don't know how it happened...

I am fairly positive I ordered the right tickets...

Remember how I told you guys I ordered two preferred for Firefly and one gen admin and a auto ticket for Hewlett?

I somehow ended up with two preferred for Stargate AND one gen admin for Stargate and the auto ticket.

I didn't print out the original confirmation message that pops up when you order because I thought I was going to get an email one. I never got the email one, but I'm trusting of Creation since I hadn't heard any horror stories.

The list that came with the tickets says I ordered all Stargate though, so I can't fight it. I guess it's possible I somehow ordered the wrong thing, but I REALLY don't think so.

SO, now I not only can't afford to buy new tickets to go to the Firefly stuff (I'm crying now, I was SO excited to get all the autographs), but I have this extra gen admin ticket and auto pass I don't even freakin' need. And aside from Hewlett, I REALLY would've rather had the Firefly autographs.

I just bought a house! I can't afford to waste like that! I'm SO just spazzing out.

*hugs you* That really sucks. If it hadn't been for the GW forum, I never would have known that Creation had sold me a double booked seat to the Vancouver Con in 2007. That's right, they sold 2 people the same seat. Thankfully, we got it sorted out several months before the con. I don't even want to imagine what would have happened when both of us showed up to the con with the same seat. Because they other person had purchased their ticket first, they got dibs on it. I ended up with an aisle seat 5 rows from where I originally was. It worked out ok.

Originally posted by Tal View Post
        *waves* I'm in the USA - wheee......
        *waves back* Welcome!

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

I'll be buying tickets when I get there. Last year, Gold tickets were available at the 'door'.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle View Post
            Just FYI - those who PM'ed my regarding ID badges - I will post a time and place at the hotel where I'll be waiting around to give your your badge.

And so.... is anyone still waiting for tickets? I still have not received mine..... Might have to make a call to Creation to make sure all is good....... My sis paid for them on the spot with her credit card last year, so....... Yeah.
            I haven't received mine either. Creation sure is cutting it pretty close this time around . . .

Edit: I just checked my e-mail. I only received a confirmation e-mail. If I don't get my ticket in the mail by tomorrow, I'm gonna call and see what's up.

Comment

Originally posted by pavaneofstars View Post
              *hugs you* That really sucks. If it hadn't been for the GW forum, I never would have known that Creation had sold me a double booked seat to the Vancouver Con in 2007. That's right, they sold 2 people the same seat. Thankfully, we got it sorted out several months before the con. I don't even want to imagine what would have happened when both of us showed up to the con with the same seat. Because they other person had purchased their ticket first, they got dibs on it. I ended up with an aisle seat 5 rows from where I originally was. It worked out ok.

*waves back* Welcome!
              That happened to me in Chicago a couple of years ago. They ended up adding an extra seat to the row so I ended up having a great view since there was nobody in front of me.

3 more days...

But first that **** review I need to do tomorrow.
              sigpic

Comment

Good luck with that review girlie! Just remember I will have some sort of exotic beverage waiting for you....
                Speaking of, are there any stores that sell exotic beverages nearby?
                sigpic
                awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

I have tried and tried to make this work, but unfortunately I can't. I apologize for getting your hopes up. Therefore, I must say that I can't go to Burbank. It would be so much fun. I will be in Vancouver in April and that will be my last con(rumors are there will be no more set tours). I hope to see many of you in Vancouver in 2009.

Comment

Is there anything we can do to help?
                    If not, sorry to hear that it won't be happening for you... that really sucks that everything seemed to be going good for a few moments and then you can't come...
                    Life never plays by the rules....
                    sigpic
                    awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Woohoo I'm ready for Burbank!!! Just passed the oral portion of my comps!!! I just need to revise my proposal and I will have officially advanced to PhD candidacy!
                      sigpic

Comment

Wow.....congrats..

Comment

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
                          Good luck with that review girlie! Just remember I will have some sort of exotic beverage waiting for you....
                          Speaking of, are there any stores that sell exotic beverages nearby?
                          Thanks, so looking forward to it, you can't believe it.
                          Or wait. Maybe you can...

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                          I have tried and tried to make this work, but unfortunately I can't. I apologize for getting your hopes up. Therefore, I must say that I can't go to Burbank. It would be so much fun. I will be in Vancouver in April and that will be my last con(rumors are there will be no more set tours). I hope to see many of you in Vancouver in 2009.
                          We'll miss you. But I will definitely see you in Vancouver then!

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                          Woohoo I'm ready for Burbank!!! Just passed the oral portion of my comps!!! I just need to revise my proposal and I will have officially advanced to PhD candidacy!
                          CONGRATS!

So now if they approve of my proposed defense date at my PhD review tomorrow we'll have twice the reason to have an exotic drink!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                            Wow.....congrats..
                            Originally posted by elephantgirl View Post
                            Thanks, so looking forward to it, you can't believe it.
                            Or wait. Maybe you can...

We'll miss you. But I will definitely see you in Vancouver then!

CONGRATS!

So now if they approve of my proposed defense date at my PhD review tomorrow we'll have twice the reason to have an exotic drink!
                            Thanks! I'll definitely think good thoughts on Friday - and definitely a good reason to imbibe?

Now, for the scary thought - imagine having McKay on your dissertation committee!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spacemonkey_Jackson View Post
                              I haven't received mine either. Creation sure is cutting it pretty close this time around . . .

Edit: I just checked my e-mail. I only received a confirmation e-mail. If I don't get my ticket in the mail by tomorrow, I'm gonna call and see what's up.
                              I called Crestion this afternoon to ask if there was a problem, and they confirmed my tickets and told me if we don't receive our tickets before we leave home that we'd just have to tell them our names when we get to Resitration, and they'll issue tickets on site. I'm not worried.

Is it November now? How 'bout NOW?! NOW?!!!?!? I want it NOW!!!

Comment

Just make sure you have proof of payment if you ordered a gold ticket - all other tickets are available to buy at the door so they're no issue, but gold are not

Comment

Working...
                                X