2008 Vancouver Con (Creation)!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elephantgirl View Post
    How about a big reunion in Vancouver in 2011?
    That would be AWESOME!!!
    Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Sounds good to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
        Sounds good to me!
        ohh... time to start saving now then!!
        I'm gonna miss you guys! - hopefully catch up with most of u in July....
        thephoenix77

Comment

Originally posted by starwanderer View Post

I am definitely looking forward to a vacation. Getting year end reporting done and getting ready for my accreditation made Jan-March fly by! I am now an accredited facilitator for level 4 Triple P (Positive Parenting Program). I was a bit stuffed up the night before my accreditation so I took some medication. It turned out that it was "non-drowsy"and I got 10 minutes sleep... I was fried... but I managed to meet all the competencies and get it over with.
          Congrats on getting the accreditation!
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Sech for the congrats! Looking forward to having fun with everyone in Vancouver as a treat.
            Last edited by starwanderer; 11 April 2010, 10:03 PM.
            Starwanderer
            Secaucus, NJ Stargate Con Attendee 2004

Comment

HI ALL

Big shout out to all at Van Con 2010. Really wish I was there.

AG: Gimme a bell!!! or an email!! or even a smoke signal...hang on...was that you in Iceland?

Anyway..

Talk soon alll

S'n'T
              "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
              Sara O' Neill's father;
              COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Having a good time in Vangroovy.....snacks are good, guests are fun, friends old and new are the best....

I think I will go hide in the mountains and not come back....

Although you know you've become too much of a regular visitor when the doormen/valets of your favourite hotel come running out shouting "MRS WALL!!!" as you stroll past on a sightseeing tour of Downtown with your friends!...

Happy days!!...

Deeds xx
                sigpic
                Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

*shouts "HELLO, MRS WALL!" from across the Atlantic*
                  sigpic

Comment

Sweeeet ,,,, I am There , , eeek .

This Thread is as good as Van 09 and Van 10 Put together ...
                    CRAZY IRISH GUY :

Puddle Jumper Pilot- Sheppard - Asmir
                    Scientist - McKay - Shirt n' Tie
                    Scientist - Zalenka- Bar
                    Cook and able body - Ronon - Master Bray Tack .
                    Crazy Irish Guy Was Here .

Spoiler:
                    Are we Geeks or Nerds

Comment

So, so, sooooooo wishing I was in Vancouver this weekend.

Every time I get in the car lately, I picture driving north up the freeway, crossing the US-CANADA border, making my way to the Hilton in Burnaby and having a great time away from reality with friends from around the world (and enjoying the great SG guests too, of course!!).

But alas, I only end up at places like the grocery store or some other mundane locale here in our town. Sigh.

Oh well. Glad for those who could go and know you are having a wonderful, fabulous, super-fun time making great memories and enjoying lots of adventures. Thanks for sharing some of it with those of us who couldn't be with you.

Cheers!
                      OregonJen

Thanks for the VanCon sig, Nathan!

Comment

Hi everybody:

I'm just about to leave the hotel and head back to normal boring life as I know it. Sigh....

Paul, I'll phone you when I get back home. I have lots to tell you.

Awesome con despite no studio tour. You were all talked about while Col. Mike, Jacks CSM and Doublecut and I were having "The Last Supper" in the hotel. We said how much we missed you all and discussed that famous Fuel Dinner that has not been repeated. Sadly, that lovely restaurant on Burnaby Mountain has burned down. And you just know that it won't be recreated exactly as it was. So, we've lost a Star Gate landmark.

Anyway, gotta run. Next year awaits and time to start preparing!!!!
                        Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

That was indeed sad about Horizons restaurant.

Strangely enough I finally got round to having a picture taken outside of it when I last ate there in September last year.

At least I have a memento of that SG-1 location. I will still hope they do their lovely maple salmon when they reopen in about 3 months according to the owners. I'll be back there for that, and besides we still have the totem poles and the wonderful views of Vancouver.

We'll never forget you O'Malley's!!!

Comment

Just thought I'd let the gang know that Vancouver is still as beautiful as ever (even if it is a little unseasonally cold and damp atm) but the pleasure of taking friends to Whistler, on a floatplane tour of Downtown Van and North Shore mountains and seeing the Canucks win 7-2 in the Play Offs is still worth every penny!...

I did miss the old 2008 gang very much this year, but never regret spending time in Vancouver afterwards!....Monday is Ferry to Nanaimo and up to Tofino for 3 days chillaxing by the Pacific Rim National Park...then Victoria and a bit of old "Empire".....will be raising a glass or two of the alcoholic stuff to you all!..

Deeds xx
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                            MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

HI all!!

Wow, I can't believe that about Horizons!! That is very sad, I feel even more privilged that we got there. Great pic of you Krisz!!

Thanks for the phonecall AG!! Super Hyped about return to Vancouver.

Best to all

S'n'T
                              Sara O' Neill's father;
                              COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

And JUST when you thought the thread was dead....BAM! I put it back on Page 1

C'mon peeps....talk to me Goose!!

S'n'T
                                Sara O' Neill's father;
                                COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Working...
                                X