2008 Vancouver Con (Creation)!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all!!

What did everyone thing of Continuum?? I presume you guys have seen it right?

S'n'T
    "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
    Sara O' Neill's father;
    COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Originally posted by Shirt'n'Tie View Post
      Hi all!!

S'n'T
      I loved it. Daniel's translation from the Russian is just too precious. I loved Qetesh. I adored Daniel (so what's new) and the rest of the team was good too.
      sigpic
      thanks Stef
      Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

Hi all!!

S'n'T
        K, this might be a little weird, but my favorite was the making of it. I laughed at some of the comments so hard, and I was all by myself at 3 AM, my neighbors must have thought I was nuts. Little do they know the extent of it.
        Music and Stargate
        sigpic
        Perfection

Comment

Hi all!!

S'n'T
          Just watched it last night .

I agree with what you posted Snowflake and Maeve.

I really liked what there was -but it also kept leaving me wanting more. I would just think "this is a really cool situation/relationship/etc. that is being developed" ...and that would be it. The movie moved on to something else . I would have loved to see the movie be two hours long and have a few more scenes/details that would flesh it out and add a little more "meat on the bones".

Spoiler:
          For example -they put Daniel in a situation where he isn't allowed to contact the rest of the team, has lost his leg, etc. ...and then all that they show in the year that follows is him phoning his alternate timeline self (to essentially tell him that he isn't a whack job) . Didn't Daniel have any challenges to deal with because of these things, anything else interesting happen to him in a whole year...?
          Last edited by starwanderer; 07 August 2008, 03:53 PM.
          Starwanderer
          Secaucus, NJ Stargate Con Attendee 2004

Comment

Hi all!!

S'n'T
            Yes, I enjoyed it very much. I agree with Starwander's comments that it could have been longer. In other threads there has been a lot of discussion about this. Basically it boils down to the fact that they had only 7million dollars to produce it, which is peanuts for a movie. So expecting it be like a full length feature film is a little too much to ask (although some detractors of Continuum on other threads seem to have expected exactly that!). The bottom line for me is that the actual storyline was good enough to have been made into a full-length feature had budget/time constraints allowed. It proves that there are still good stories to be told using the Stargate and I want more...more....MORE, I SAY.... DAMMIT!

*ok...tantrum over....I'll go back to Packing for Gatecon now!*
            sigpic

Comment

Gosh, I wish I was there! ::sigh::

Looking forward to the reports from those there!
              Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by starwanderer View Post
                Just watched it last night .

I agree with what you posted Snowflake and Maeve.

I really liked what there was -but it also kept leaving me wanting more. I would just think "this is a really cool situation/relationship/etc. that is being developed" ...and that would be it. The movie moved on to something else . I would have loved to see the movie be two hours long and have a few more scenes/details that would flesh it out and add a little more "meat on the bones".

Spoiler:
                For example -they put Daniel in a situation where he isn't allowed to contact the rest of the team, has lost his leg, etc. ...and then all that they show in the year that follows is him phoning his alternate timeline self (to essentially tell him that he isn't a whack job) . Didn't Daniel have any challenges to deal with because of these things, anything else interesting happen to him in a whole year...?
                Agreed. And, actually, on the trip back to the convention in Vancouver in April, we talked to Michael Shanks about that very thing. A lot of people would have liked more back story on what happened to Cam, Sam and Daniel when they were stranded for a year. Even Shank's agent, Julie Caitlin Brown agreed there should have been more.

If you want to see our interpretation, that would be Jenny Stiven, Chad Kula, David Read and me, you can check out: http://theinformantblog.net/
                Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                  Gosh, I wish I was there! ::sigh::

Looking forward to the reports from those there!
                  In Vancouver? you wanna be here in B.C.? Well come on over, I live in Kelowna, and love having tea or beer with friends. Pretty sure there are a few that I know of in Vancouver that would love to have a pint with you as well.

And, yeah, they could have embellished the story line a bit. They did that on the shows too though, one person would get stuck somewhere for a long time and you never really got the whole story about what happened. I think they like making us imagine things. Bunch of jokers those writers, gotta love them
                  Music and Stargate
                  sigpic
                  Perfection

Comment

Hi Guys!

Yep, great movie!! Funny thing at the AT3 Convention in London in May......Ms Tapping was asked a question about the movie by someone, who called it "Stargate Conundrum"!!! Given the last clip re: Cam's photo in the locker, I thought this was hilarious...of course my misplaced mirthy laughter fell on deaf ears....

Any-hoo moving on people....What's new??? Tell all! Am facing back into another post-summer slump having done the whole sand-castle thing...Smallies all well...But am itching to travel again...

Talk soon!

S'n'T
                    "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
                    Sara O' Neill's father;
                    COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

funny thing...i actually have a new passport and so perhaps if i have money i will make it to the 2009 con
                      sigpic

Comment

Hey Guys,

I wonder if you can help me out I am truing to plan for next years con and what Canucks match we will be able to go to. Theres one on Thursday night, do you guys remember what happened Thursday night?

Cheers is advance!

David Hewlett is my 'happy place' SQUEEEEE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by surfinmuffin View Post
                          Hey Guys,

I wonder if you can help me out I am truing to plan for next years con and what Canucks match we will be able to go to. Theres one on Thursday night, do you guys remember what happened Thursday night?

Cheers is advance!

That was the meet and greet Chocolate party with a couple of celebs. I think they also played bingo.

Comment

Only 45 Hours to go for Continuum.

Can't Wait .
                            CRAZY IRISH GUY :

Puddle Jumper Pilot- Sheppard - Asmir
                            Scientist - McKay - Shirt n' Tie
                            Scientist - Zalenka- Bar
                            Cook and able body - Ronon - Master Bray Tack .
                            Crazy Irish Guy Was Here .

Spoiler:
                            Are we Geeks or Nerds

Comment

Originally posted by Master Bray Tack View Post

Only 45 Hours to go for Continuum.

Can't Wait .

YAY Master Bray Tack!!! You will not be disappointed. It is awesome!!!

Comment

Hey guys, the non Canadian Invasion of Vancouver has started on the Gatecon Thread. As the very helpful Canadian that I am, I like to share with my non-Canadian friends all the secrets of fitting in to our great country. So, in the next few days, I will post those thoughts on both the Gatecon Thread, and here, for your viewing pleasure.

First of all, you, of course, remember that it is vital to wear a toque when walking around in the Great White North. Be it for a business dinner, a wedding ceremony, or sunbathing on the beach, a toque is essential to your Canadian ensemble.

Comment

Working...
                                X