Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Battles, our fan-made Stargate Game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, time for a pretty sizable update!

Well firstly, I've updated the game's myspace page with new polls, so you can go check those out if you want.

Nextly, Here are the sprites for the Nic'a'te'al warriors:

During the game, you will actually be able to see them occaisionally eating severed human/jaffa limbs to nurish themselves, and they will attack your allies viciously, grabbing your allies, and stuffing them into their maws, while blood and severed limbs fly all over the place .

The justification for all of this gratuitous wanton gore, is that the Nicians have incredible sensitive metabolisms. If they are injured and they consume sufficient protein (i.e. a human...) then they can regenerate rapidly. Should you interupt their feeding process, then you will have stopped them from healing completely, but they will come at you mercilessly in an attempt to make you their meal instead of the ally.

Another quick update is that the remake of the original game will not be release at the same time as the IV game, as we had originally planned. We will still make it, but not until much later in the year. The release date for the IV game has been set to June 13th. Hopefully we will be able to meet (or precede) the deadline!
    You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Could these be related to the Wraith?

Comment

Not in the slightest.

EDIT: I assume you mean because they feed on humans? Well, they'd just as soon feed on a dog, or a bull, or even a tree. Anything that could offer nutrition for regeneration and energy. As we know, the Wraith are not sustained by our food, and don't actually 'eat' people. They feed on humans but they don't ingest us.
        Last edited by Battera; 12 March 2007, 02:27 AM.
        You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

..and did anyone notice that the people and such don't have [i]walking[i] animations? They just skim across the ground like... people who skim across the ground ... ... ...

Yeah..... It'll be fixed.

-LGBT-

Comment

Originally posted by Battera View Post
            Hey, 100 posts!

Anyway, here's the new demo:
            http://64digits.com/users/Fiender/SG...und_Demo_2.zip

The demo starts off with a space battle which shows the new 'sensors' thing, which also gives you the threat level of your enemy. Press '1' to move to the ground demo. The WASD letters now move the player like arrows, and you only need to be 50 pixels away from a weapon to pick it up (remember, SHIFT picks weapons up).
            The 1 does not work for me.:/

Comment

I think it's numberpad 1, not the 1 near the letters.

-LGBT-

Comment

tried all of them battera.:/

Comment

Well, I'll fix it, and post it later today (Hopefully 'Unending' will also pop up on Youtube...)

-LGBT-

Comment

Thankyou soooooooo much!

your games are great!

Comment

Thanks you! And I just wanted to note an observation I made:

SPOILERS FOR "UNENDING"!
                      Spoiler:
                      The Asgard DO give us energy weapons, and as far as I can tell, they fired from the sides of the 304 between the ship's neck and fighter bays and from the front of the ship, just like the Illiad (the former from the Beta game, and the latter from the Gamma game). Did I call that or what?

-LGBT-

Comment

Well, great games so far (I've played up to Gamma, haven't tried the new demo yet). I've enjoyed Gamma so far, but have yet to beat it, mostly because of that gorram Mangler/Infector.

I only have a few issues with the game, first off, the third and fourth save points (the run for the Illiad and the retrieval respectively) are "funny" if you will, the third save point glitches and the Epithemus has an unlimited acceleration, -3000 hp and none of the enemies spawn, the Olympus mission, you start with 210 hp and an almost drained shield. As for number four, game just won't work period. There's a frozen image of the Epi, Olympus and Illiad onscreen and nothing happens. Nothing.

My final issue so far is the Mangler/Infector. I have poured an ungodly ammount of fire into that thing- even gone so far as to use 302s as a distraction while I dump a PEC into the thing- to no avail, (when I check the health, it seems not to move) so I ask you. Is it even possible to kill that blasted thing?

Comment

Yeah, the save points do not work correctly AT ALL. As for the one Olympus mission you are reffering to, that's the way the level is supposed to be.

And it is possible to kill the Manglers, but it takes alot of consecutive fire. I suggest not using the PEC, and going with either the Turrets, or the CPC.

-LGBT-

Comment

I have a question, will the ZPM'ed Odyssey with
                            Spoiler:
                            Asgard weapons be included in the remake of the original game?

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Battera View Post
                              (Snip)
                              And it is possible to kill the Manglers, but it takes alot of consecutive fire. I suggest not using the PEC, and going with either the Turrets, or the CPC.
                              Yeah, I've taken advantage of what seems to be an oversight. For some reason the Mangler sees the 302s at a priority level the same as my own. So instead of logically targetting me and leaving the 302s to the little spike fighters, it just does a little glitch "dance", randomly targetting me, and the 302s, all getting an equal chance of being targetted.

Comment

Well firstly for continuity reasons, I'd like to say

Spoiler:
                                Ok, I know the Asgard became extinct in "Unending", BUT I did say that we saved them with the help of the Ancient DNA re-sequencer, AND I did say that I was going to make a time-travel/alternate reality story, so I could throw the 'saving the Asgard' thing into that game. THERE WILL BE A 'V' GAME! IT WILL NOT END WITH 'IV'!

Now that that's off my chest, yes Vala_M the... 'that thing you mentioned' will be playable in the sim (and ONLY playable. It will not be your ally).

The Manglers targets whatever closest.

-LGBT-

Comment

Working...
                                X