Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Battles, our fan-made Stargate Game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Enkyllian ships were weakened to make them easier, as they will only appear in the first few missions of the game.

Drones-Sort of the way the dread missiles are programmed. Streams of drones at a time will fly to the enemy with the highest threat level (Yes, there will be something like that in the game.) Drones will bypass all shields and only do damage to Hull Integrity. The Ancient warships can fire 5 salvos of 300 or so drones before having to switch to turrets.

...I will work on the list...

The Dread missiles were made difficult to aim because of their raw power against enemies.

I'll make another demo soon, with more varied battles and more in-depth gameplay.

The ships do that because there are no more enemies. It's why every mission ends after all of the enemies are dead...
    You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Originally posted by Battera View Post
      The Enkyllian ships were weakened to make them easier, as they will only appear in the first few missions of the game.

Drones-Sort of the way the dread missiles are programmed. Streams of drones at a time will fly to the enemy with the highest threat level (Yes, there will be something like that in the game.) Drones will bypass all shields and only do damage to Hull Integrity. The Ancient warships can fire 5 salvos of 300 or so drones before having to switch to turrets.

...I will work on the list...

The Dread missiles were made difficult to aim because of their raw power against enemies.

I'll make another demo soon, with more varied battles and more in-depth gameplay.

The ships do that because there are no more enemies. It's why every mission ends after all of the enemies are dead...
      Speaking of the ancient Warship, what sprite are you using for it? The old one? Because there is a picture up on the Ship Scaling sprites thread of the actual ancient warship (I think tis still there). If you want, I could send you an almost perfectly cropped pic of the Ancient Warship, top-down.
      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Ok, pm it to me.
        You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Battera, two things:
          I liked the Enkyllian ships being stronger, I dislike the fact that they were made weaker. If the other ships were made stronger anyway, why make the Enkyllians weaker?
          Anyway you could change them back?

Also:
          Could you have one of your demos be with a ship that has Drones?
          Maybe even just stick Drones onto the Illiad for as ingle demo or something.
          Illiad verses a bunch of Wraith, or the Orii, with the Illiad using Drones instaed of DREAD missiles?

I would love to see how your Drones truly function myself, so I can critique and give tips if they are needed.

Comment

...as I said before, I want the first levels to be very easy for people who aren't used to the game controls. There will be plenty of difficult levels in the game... trust me...

And sure... I'll put in the Ancient warship ally for the demo.

And a quick update, the allies you get in each mission from now on will be based on luck. The Ally-object will be programmed thusly:

Each level will have a certain number of the 'ally' object. It will randomly select a number from 1-100. Depending on the range the number it selects is, you will get an ally:

1-10: Ha'tak
            11-20: 303
            21-29: 304
            28-35: 305
            36-42: 307
            43-49: 306 (stronger than the 307's)
            50-55: Asgard O'neill
            56-61: Ori Warship
            61-65: Ancient Warship (...technically stronger than the above)
            66-90: 302
            91-100: The object will destroy itself and you will not get an Ally from it.

-LGBT-

Comment

You should set some allies as default, I would preffer not going into a really tough level that occurs right before a save and have half my ally objects self-destroy, and the rest come as 303s, 302s, and Hat'taks.
              ayway to have 302s just be launched from ships instead of spawned?

Well, again with the Enkyllians, why not have them be the same strength, just reduce their numbers, or add allies to those early levels?
              They were not that hard anyway in small numbers.
              I could easily take on 10 Small ships and a Warship in the Epimetheus without using the super bomb.
              Their weapons fire was so easy to avoid when you got them all just together chasing you in circles... actually, all the AIs are easy to dodge... too easy... anyway...
              Make em stronger again lol!
              I just really don't want them to be a pushover.
              Besides, people who are not used to the controls will easily get a good warmup against a few small, Enkyllian ships, then a larger, then a few small and a large, ect.
              Or just fleet actions.

As for adding the Ancient Warship as an ally in a Demo, that is great!
              I am cool with that.

Anyway to promote that to the Ancient Warship being the players ship in a latter demo?

Comment

I want the Enkyllian ships to be weaker so that the player can still take on large fleets of them.

-LGBT-

Comment

Blah.
                  Then just add allies into the battle.

Or at least explain WHY they are weaker in this game.:/
                  Mass production to restore lost forcess caused inferior ship construction or something.

In the simulator will they be weaker?

Comment

The explanation for why they will seem weaker is that the allied ships have become stronger :}
                    They will not be weaker in the simulator.

And, BTW, the Enkyllians have not been making more shps in our galaxy. Like Naquadah is unique in our galaxy (as far as we know), the exotic hot pink/purple mineral the Enkyllian used to build and power their ships only exists in their galaxy. The have failed to conquor any planets with Trinium Mines, and Naquadah is far to unsafe for them to use, because they draw power from individual atoms in powerful nuclear generators, and we all know how Naqudah reacts to nuclear energy!

And I've decided to monopolize on Stargate's funny side. I'll be sure to put a few funny moments, in-game jokes, and self-references in the game.

-LGBT-

Comment

Great work Battera!
                      Really nice games. But I'm having some issues with them.
                      The gamma project - After the initial cutscene with all the ships exiting hyperspace, the game stops at the text screen explaining the origins of the Milky Way Assembly.
                      The IV game - After all the enemies are killed, all the allied ships fly into the top left corner (except for the o'neil) and dissapear. I can still hear the Ori main weapon. All fighters that I release go that wayas well. I tried to go there and nothing happened. Nothing happened when I accelerated to top speed (should I enter hyperspace or does the game stop there?).
                      I am running a 64 bit version of windows; before I installed it I had no problems with the I and II game.
                      Thanks for any help.

Comment

Nice to see a new, fresh thread started up. I've been down that road before as well.

Comment

Might I also suggest decreasing the amount of ships? The game slows down to incredible speeds.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Zygo-To get passed the text explanation, press 'space'. The IV demo is supposed to do that. Once you beat all of the enemies, the demo's over.

And yes, we were considering how to decrease the amount of ships at a time. Once you're finished with one wave of enemies, or close to it, more enemies will drop out of hyperspace. The same with your allies. We're doing this for three reasons: Make the game play faster, make the levels require more strategy, and to show off our cool new hyperspace effect (it pwns! it really pwns!)

Actually, we experimented with such an engine for the first 'Battle for Dakara' mission in the Gamma game. The original level had well over two thousand ships, which was... just... yeah. We edited and made the battle about a sixth the size we really wanted it to be, and because we had to scale it down, we were just really annoyed and weren't in the mood to experiment with the programming further...

And preliminary results for the new a.i. weapon-dodging enemies is... promising.
                            Last edited by Battera; 27 February 2007, 11:35 AM.

-LGBT-

Comment

If you are going to do weapon dodging enemies, could you make the auto targeting AI a lot better?
                              On both the AI ships, and the player ship?
                              It just trails ships. It doesn't lead them.
                              So it always misses when chasing a ship that is circling the ship.

Comment

That's the way the auto fire is supposed to work. It's going to make 'manual' seem more plausible. It's going to make the player's choice a little more difficult: Auto will go to where the ship was, while manual will let you shoot at where the ship is going.

-LGBT-

Comment

Working...
                                X