Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Battles, our fan-made Stargate Game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Battera View Post
    If we did a side-scroller then we wouldn't be able to put in all of the horizontal content that a large field demands.
    Personally, with some adjustment the current method works fine.
    oh, ok. It was just a helpful suggestion.
    sigpic
    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Well, thank you!

And as of today, I am a week ahead of schedule. Normally that would mean I just slow down, but I am now at a pivotal level near the begginning of the game, which involves
      Spoiler:
      The return of Legyon

Pretty much the more important a level is to the story, the more fun it is to make. All aspects of making the game are atleast a little fun/annoying though.

IF I continue this rate of work, the game will be done by early may/lat april, rather than mid-june, as we originally predicted.
      You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Here is a cool front shot of the DSC-304 if you want it

Spoiler:
        sigpic
        ----DeviantArt----

Comment

It's very cool, but the 304's just don't play that big of a role anymore.
          You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

It's very cool, but the 304's just don't play that big of a role anymore.
            Do the Illiad class?
            sigpic
            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

The new Illiad's class do, of course. The 307's will be a rare but fearsome ally.

-LGBT-

Comment

The new Illiad's class do, of course. The 307's will be a rare but fearsome ally.
                I'm goin to create a cool front for those if you want them
                sigpic
                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Thanks for the offer, but I can't think of when I could use them.

What program do you use for those anyway?

-LGBT-

Comment

Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8 editing a front view of a daedalus taken in sketchup, I had to lower the color aspect.
                    sigpic
                    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Those who feel inclined may visit the demo's page and comment on it here.

-LGBT-

Comment

Well, many people think that the ground battle engine could definatly be re-worked. I have no clue what's wrong with it-I think it's fine.

I'd really like some suggestions.

-LGBT-

Comment

...Ok then. I'll keep it the way it is, and bullpies to the complaints.

Here's the list for Cassandra's daughter, Jessica's move set. She doesn't use weapons in the game, rather she uses her advanced human abilities. Rather than ammo, she has a 'concentration' meter. It slowly re-fills, and depletes as you use her powers. While most attacks use little concentration, the stronger ones use it up rapidly, and it is rather precious to the player, as it re-fills slowly.

Pick up/Hurl objects-Rather self explanitory, eh? You can pick objects up and hurl them at your enemies. Drains concentration the longer you hold onto the object.

Telekinetic Push-An efficient way to deflect weapons fire, and make your enemies back up. Takes 1/16th concentration.

'Organ Scrambler'-Puts an enemy's body up against heavy g-forces, literally scarambling their organs. 1/12th concentration.

Pyrokinesis-Like a microwave, you will make all enemies that are too close to you heat up from the inside out, making them burst into flames. 1/12th concentration.

Energy Wave-Fires a short burst of energy. While the range is small, the effects are devastating. 1/8th concentration.

Evolution's a B*tch-Using 100% of her brain capacity, Jessica unleashes the full power of her superior mind upon the inferior creatures you will face. For a few seconds, Jessica will vent a massive stream of magma-like energy (ala, Adria), allowing her to kill most every enemy with the slightest contact (savor bosses and mino-bosses). 1/8th concentration for every 5 seconds.

There you have it! I'm still not sure how I want to make the player switch from attack to attack, or if I even want a cycling system.

-LGBT-

Comment

...Ok then. I'll keep it the way it is, and bullpies to the complaints.

Here's the list for Cassandra's daughter, Jessica's move set. She doesn't use weapons in the game, rather she uses her advanced human abilities. Rather than ammo, she has a 'concentration' meter. It slowly re-fills, and depletes as you use her powers. While most attacks use little concentration, the stronger ones use it up rapidly, and it is rather precious to the player, as it re-fills slowly.

Pick up/Hurl objects-Rather self explanitory, eh? You can pick objects up and hurl them at your enemies. Drains concentration the longer you hold onto the object.

Telekinetic Push-An efficient way to deflect weapons fire, and make your enemies back up. Takes 1/16th concentration.

'Organ Scrambler'-Puts an enemy's body up against heavy g-forces, literally scarambling their organs. 1/12th concentration.

Pyrokinesis-Like a microwave, you will make all enemies that are too close to you heat up from the inside out, making them burst into flames. 1/12th concentration.

Energy Wave-Fires a short burst of energy. While the range is small, the effects are devastating. 1/8th concentration.

Evolution's a B*tch-Using 100% of her brain capacity, Jessica unleashes the full power of her superior mind upon the inferior creatures you will face. For a few seconds, Jessica will vent a massive stream of magma-like energy (ala, Adria), allowing her to kill most every enemy with the slightest contact (savor bosses and mino-bosses). 1/8th concentration for every 5 seconds.

There you have it! I'm still not sure how I want to make the player switch from attack to attack, or if I even want a cycling system.

regular ground battle sounds better. Besides who want to telekinetic push
                            some one when you could shoot them, I take back my statement that it was bad before.
                            sigpic
                            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

...and I changed the thing where the player rotates around their weapon. They now spin around like normal.

-LGBT-

Comment

A small, but still rather significant update: The final game will have EXACTLY 34 missions, which is respectably higher than the average 20 or so missions put into the previous games. As well, most missions will have more content than the missions from previous games. The difficulty of this game for the first.. oh... 2 missions is very low, so as to get the player used to it, but from then on the difficulty picks up where the previous game left off. We're hoping that the player will not be able to clear the extensive levels we've planned in any less than 4 hours of gameplay (good for you, bad for us).

Also, if anyone would be so kind as to say how long it took them to beat the previous games, then we could have some Idea how much more difficult we really want to make SGB IV. I mean... I'm having a difficult time getting passed a level where you have to fight a groupd of Nician Soldiers, and that's sad considering I programmed them

-LGBT-

Comment

Working...
                                X