Pegasus 3 - Jan 2008 London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
    Yaaaaay! I'm envisioning the t-shirts already... "WhumpCon '08"! Good job Joe won't be there... we'd put the fear of god into him!

Kavan would be awesome, Jason would be incredible (tho I'm gonna go see him in Manchester in a few weeks ).. I'd LOVE to have Chuck there again... or Ryan... or Dan!
    Oh my goodness....T-Shorts would be a hoot. How many Whumpers are gonna be there?

another stupid question - seats are all first come first served right? no assigned seating at this one?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
      Oh my goodness....T-Shorts would be a hoot. How many Whumpers are gonna be there?

another stupid question - seats are all first come first served right? no assigned seating at this one?
      No assigned seating but they give out numbered tickets to those queueing and then call you to enter the hall in groups of 50 - one you're in the door though it's every man for himself!

They also do a virtual queue from 7am so you can get up early and get your numbered ticket in advance... this is supposed to save you queueing to get into the hall but in effect what happens is that you queue twice - once in the early hours of the morning (cos if they start giving out tickets at 7am, you KNOW people are gonna start queueing at 5.30am to be near the front for the 7am tickets! ) and again an hour or so before the doors open to the hall (cos hey, if you queued from 5am to get ticket no 3 (which I did last year!) then you don't wanna be at the back of the first group of 50 when they let people in, do you?! )

Edit: It does mean though that you can sit with whoever you like, whether you bought your tickets together or not.
      sigpic

Comment

Edit: It does mean though that you can sit with whoever you like, whether you bought your tickets together or not.
        Erin's useless in the mornings. I may have to 'accidentally' leave her somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
          Erin's useless in the mornings. I may have to 'accidentally' leave her somewhere
          Oh I am SO not a morning person... just ask Anna! I'm late nearly every time we arrange to meet up cos I've overslept!
          sigpic

Comment

I'm good with mornings when I'm not at home. When I'm at uni I can get up early. I was usually one of the first in my class to get up on school trips away. But when I'm at home I can sleep for days

Hopefully I should be okay at P3. I'm getting used to this sleep deprivation thing

Comment

Yaaaaay! I'm envisioning the t-shirts already... "WhumpCon '08"! Good job Joe won't be there... we'd put the fear of god into him!

Kavan would be awesome, Jason would be incredible (tho I'm gonna go see him in Manchester in a few weeks ).. I'd LOVE to have Chuck there again... or Ryan... or Dan!
              oooh T-Shirts I like it

Have to say I am really nervous about going to the con, feel like I will be totally overwhelmed and get lost and queue for the wrong things, can't wait to meet people though, it will be fun

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
                I'm good with mornings when I'm not at home. When I'm at uni I can get up early. I was usually one of the first in my class to get up on school trips away. But when I'm at home I can sleep for days

Hopefully I should be okay at P3. I'm getting used to this sleep deprivation thing
                Hey, if I can manage for one weekend, you sure can!

I had about 11 hours sleep total over 3 nights at P2!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post
                  oooh T-Shirts I like it

Have to say I am really nervous about going to the con, feel like I will be totally overwhelmed and get lost and queue for the wrong things, can't wait to meet people though, it will be fun
                  Awww don't worry hon! Once you find the other whumpers you'll be fine.. we'll take you under our wing and make sure you're in the right place! It's fine once you get the hang of it...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post
                    oooh T-Shirts I like it

Dont worry Listy- the con venue is pretty small you cant really get lost.

Comment

Awww don't worry hon! Once you find the other whumpers you'll be fine.. we'll take you under our wing and make sure you're in the right place! It's fine once you get the hang of it...
                      Aw thanks Ali *luffs the whumpers* such a good bunch!!! Its gona be fab to meet everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
                        Very true. There are only 3 rooms - the main hall (used for the talks during the day and the events/disco etc in the evenings), the photo/autograph room (which you only ever need to go to when it's your turn for photos or autographs) and the dealers room. All of which are about 30 seconds walk away from each other and are connected by the foyer/bar which is where you will spend most of your weekend.. queuiing, drinking and generally milling about.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
                          I get lost in the town where I live and I have lived here all my life and its only small I have no sense of direction and have been known to be more than a little dizzy on occassions, I am gonna find the whumpers and stick like glue

Comment

Very true. There are only 3 rooms - the main hall (used for the talks during the day and the events/disco etc in the evenings), the photo/autograph room (which you only ever need to go to when it's your turn for photos or autographs) and the dealers room. All of which are about 30 seconds walk away from each other and are connected by the foyer/bar which is where you will spend most of your weekend.. queuiing, drinking and generally milling about.
                            oooh drinking and forming an orderly queue two things I am well practiced in

Comment

Unfortunately, that won't include me
                              Oh rats! Both Anna and Erin *will* be able to! Argh! Being 17 sucks! The worst thing is, my 18th birthday is on the 9th of February, which is only 12 days after the con ends.

Comment

Psss... the UK isn't as strict as the US (where, despite being one month off 21 and having worked as a barmaid for 3 years, I wasn't even allowed in the bar bc I had no I.D. ). Aslong as you don't look really young, you should be okay getting served, and if not, I'm sure someone will go the bar for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X