Pegasus 3 - Jan 2008 London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mercury973 View Post
    I'm so not looking forward to standing in a line for a few hours. I'm sure they give out a schedule when you first arrive, right? One of the only things I liked about Creation was that they pretty much stuck to their time table.

(Honestly, I'd only be willing to que for Hewlett, Flanigan or Nykl. McGillion if I could get through there in a decent amount of time)
    Ummm Wolf dont seem to understand what a timetable is- dont expect things to start on time!

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
      Ummm Wolf dont seem to understand what a timetable is- dont expect things to start on time!
      Yup. They stick to the schedule in terms of the order things happen in... just not necessarily the times things happen! Pretty much everything starts late and pretty much everything overruns!
      sigpic

Comment

No worries- I'm getting to the hotel 2 days early to get over jet lag, then I can wander down with a coffee and get in line. As long as I get a rough estimate of times, I'll be peachy.

90% of the reason why I am going is to meet people. I spent more time talking with other fans at the Van Con than I did a convention-related activities. Other 10% is the talks. But it's actually talking to people face to face that makes these conventions a blast. Heh, I used to make fun of SciFi conventions, but *now* I know better.

Looking forward to meeting all and seeing Pavane and others that I've already met.
        sigpic
        Sig by im_meli
        More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
          Heh. Ali the Pegasus con guru (umm.. does one con make me a guru? ) and her coterie of newbies... I have visions of you all following along behind me like a mother duck and her little ducklings...
          I'll be the little duckling quacking the loudest!! I get highly aggetated when I am feel like I'm being left out of the loop or not given proper information.

I know Cons are a hell of a lot of work and time, but really, it comes down to getting the little things like schedules (and sticking to them), proper signage, timely information being distributed to the masses etc. worked out and planned for that really makes the whole experience more memoriable and a heckuva lot less stressful on everyone!! I'd think if these people have been doing cons they would have an idea what the masses tend to do and accomodate/plan for it. Oh well, Mass chaos can be quite fun.

Now to wait to see whom else they book. Otherwise poor PM is going to be one busy man all weekend.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps
            Well, I'm not counting on JF to be there. He has yet to show up at a Con that I'm attending. *Runs out before I get blugeoned*
            I know, no chance to see Joe,

I don´t understand the word "blugeoned"....

Comment

Blugeoned- beaten over the head with one of Teyla's sticks.
              sigpic
              Sig by im_meli
              More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Fazulina View Post

It means "to be hit or beaten with a heavy object" or something to that effect. Basically, whacked with a big stick

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
                  SQQUUEEE!!!!!!

As long as I get my passport back in time, I'll be going to P3!!! Thank you to Ali and Ana for being so gracious to share a room with me!!

This is my first trip ever across the pond!!!! And it's all due to Stargate. Who would've thought?!
                  SQUEEE!!! *twirls GateGeek in a happy dance* I'm so glad you're going to make it. We had fun in Vancouver and now we're going to have fun in London!

Originally posted by Mercury973 View Post
                  Blugeoned- beaten over the head with one of Teyla's sticks.
                  and then be like (season 4 spoiler)
                  Spoiler:
                  Ronon: "Stop hitting me!"

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Originally posted by Fazulina View Post

Uhhh.. dunno how you managed to do that but the quote you posted wasn't by me!

I was lucky enough to see Joe at London Expo last year.. which is not to say that I wouldn't KILL to see him at a proper Atlantis con... like P3!! *le sigh*
                    sigpic

Comment

I got my Eurostar tickets today *wooho*
                      And after reading all this, I'm getting even more excited
                      Can't wait to start queuing with you guys !!!

Comment

I would love to see Joe....or Kaven....or David......or David...or Jason.....or....or ....or.....well anyone form Atlantis.

SQUEE!!!! It's gonna be great to see you too Pavane!! Boy, it's almost a Vancouver reunion!! And to add to the EXTRA fun, I finally get to meet my whumper friends across the pond. It'll be a mini 'WhumperCon'!!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

P3 will mostly be a meet new friends/old friends event for me this time, as I've met PM already. I'm curious who the other guests will be, and yes, I'm looking forward to seeing PM again because I really like him (he's charm on legs!), but still, so far this will mostly be a chance to see my fellow fans (again), and that's great!

Bye, A.
                          ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                          ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
                            I would love to see Joe....or Kaven....or David......or David...or Jason.....or....or ....or.....well anyone form Atlantis.

SQUEE!!!! It's gonna be great to see you too Pavane!! Boy, it's almost a Vancouver reunion!! And to add to the EXTRA fun, I finally get to meet my whumper friends across the pond. It'll be a mini 'WhumperCon'!!!!
                            Yaaaaay! I'm envisioning the t-shirts already... "WhumpCon '08"! Good job Joe won't be there... we'd put the fear of god into him!

Kavan would be awesome, Jason would be incredible (tho I'm gonna go see him in Manchester in a few weeks ).. I'd LOVE to have Chuck there again... or Ryan... or Dan!
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh u going to that ali, im thinkin bout going too, providing I have my money by then lol

Comment

Originally posted by kylieS21 View Post
                                Oh u going to that ali, im thinkin bout going too, providing I have my money by then lol
                                Pretty much planning to. It's an easy drive from Leeds so can go there an back in a day... Jason's gonna be there and David Nykl and also Spike from Buffy/Angel and Chris Barrie and Craig Charles from Red Dwarf!

I've started a thread for the con in the fandom section...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X