Pegasus 3 - Jan 2008 London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
    SQUEE!!!! I LOVE dancing! And can pick things up pretty quickly too. Especially when drunk. Will being drunk help me??
    Oh for sure!!!!! I think it is a requirement! Although for me to do them I would have to be so drunk I think it would be dangerous!

I have clips of a fair number of con dances somewhere on my PC

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
      Oh for sure!!!!! I think it is a requirement! Although for me to do them I would have to be so drunk I think it would be dangerous!

excellent..I'm going to get loaded and do some weird dances to boot. Yeah......I can see it now. It'll be the last time my family lets me venture overseas for a Stargate Con.
      sigpic

Comment

SQUEE!!!! I LOVE dancing! And can pick things up pretty quickly too. Especially when drunk. Will being drunk help me??
        In a word - yes.

Comment

I think being slightly drunk at the con helps in many areas...

I would like to learn a few of the dances for next year...
          sigpic

Comment

Oh you need Listy to show you - she picked them up really quickly! She is our nominated con dancer ( which means the rest of us basically just watch)
            I'm quite quick at picking up dances... and hopefully next year my arthritis will be a bit better so I can dance a bit more than I was able this year!

Being drunk always helps... with everything!

Really the best way to learn the con dances is get up there and have a go, laugh when you go wrong (you won't be the only one!) and have fun with it!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
              I'm quite quick at picking up dances... and hopefully next year my arthritis will be a bit better so I can dance a bit more than I was able this year!

Really the best way to learn the con dances is get up there and have a go, laugh when you go wrong (you won't be the only one!) and have fun with it!
              something tells me screwing up a dance will still be less traumatic than spilling chocolate milk all over my white outfit during lunch in 8th grade.......
              sigpic

Comment

I screwed up so many times, you just laugh and copy everyone else. Especially the Star Trekkin' one! I still remember being a Klingon for that...(and watching Ali laugh at me )

Comment

Ummmm.....yeah, being drunk will help - a lot! I don't generally dance, but the Con dances are a different matter entirely lol

You uploading any to You Tube? I've found some - to show my hubby (probably not the best idea in the world as now he thinks I'm madder than ever lol) - but haven't found a decent one of Dr Who or Star Trekkin' though. Anyone else found any?

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post

It's so funny when eveyone goes wrong. As you say, it's part of the fun of the Con dances. Even though I've been to lots of Cons I never used to go to the parties initially (mad I know) & don't know half the dances, so I'm up for learning some more.

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
                  I screwed up so many times, you just laugh and copy everyone else. Especially the Star Trekkin' one! I still remember being a Klingon for that...(and watching Ali laugh at me )
                  Your first Con & you ended up being a Klingon in the Star Trekkin' dance? Nice one!

Comment

Originally posted by Nicky View Post
                    Your first Con & you ended up being a Klingon in the Star Trekkin' dance? Nice one!
                    Yeah. I'd watched it on the Friday night and thought it was hilarious (despite not being able to hear the words of the song!) and on Saturday when I actually figured out what the words were I just ran into the middle and started being a Klingon

Comment

Originally posted by Nicky View Post
                      Ummmm.....yeah, being drunk will help - a lot! I don't generally dance, but the Con dances are a different matter entirely lol

You uploading any to You Tube? I've found some - to show my hubby (probably not the best idea in the world as now he thinks I'm madder than ever lol) - but haven't found a decent one of Dr Who or Star Trekkin' though. Anyone else found any?

It's so funny when eveyone goes wrong. As you say, it's part of the fun of the Con dances. Even though I've been to lots of Cons I never used to go to the parties initially (mad I know) & don't know half the dances, so I'm up for learning some more.

Oh yes I think that I have vids of both. I will dig them out and upload them and give you the links when I do!

Comment

Yeah. I'd watched it on the Friday night and thought it was hilarious (despite not being able to hear the words of the song!) and on Saturday when I actually figured out what the words were I just ran into the middle and started being a Klingon
                        LOL Brilliant! It is such a funny dance & so much fun. What a giggle.

Eric Breker said at Wolf SG11 (I think it was 11 - whichever most recent one he was at) when we were chatting to him at the bar, that he was doing the Star Trekkin' dance at the last Con & someone shoved him on the floor when it came to the 'he's dead Jim' so he ended up being one of them lol

Me & my friend said we always wondered how they chose who colapsed on the floor & now we knew <g>

Comment

Oh yes I think that I have vids of both. I will dig them out and upload them and give you the links when I do!
                          Oh cool! Thanks

Comment

Cool!! I would like to have some inkling of what the hell I'm getting into!
                            sigpic

Comment

Star Trekkin' was crazy, but fun. (I was one of the dead people.)

Comment

Originally posted by PuddleJumper42 View Post
                                Star Trekkin' was crazy, but fun. (I was one of the dead people.)
                                Yeah, I remember. The first time I saw that I was like "what the hell are they all doing?!"
                                I'm just relieved no one talked me into doing either 'sharking' (I had to cling to my chair to prevent being dragged up for that) and that Bohemian Rhapsody one. The...ahem...'non-PG' one.

Comment

Working...
                                X