• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

must get a ticket
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury973 View Post
      Looks like everyone who has a ticket already has a M&G ticket!
      (Dances around in a circle)
      Yay!

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
        I missed the MnG... Hopefully I'll still get a ticket though.
        Originally posted by The Great Lord Baal View Post
        must get a ticket
        Yes! Buy a ticket! So much fun.
        sigpic
        Sig by im_meli
        More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

Ah, I've found the P3 thread - great!

Thats' funny, P3 will be my fourth con, and only seven months ago I was still a con virgin and thought I'd never go to a con in my life and that I'd never ever meet David Hewlett! Now I attended two cons already, have booked two more, and met DH - life can be funny.

It's kinda weird to see the questions of the newbies and con virgins here now. Not so long ago I depended on these tips too (P2 thread) and was very thankful for them. Now the theory part is over and I know how cons work. Thanks to everyone who helped me and answered my questions before.

So, still many months left until the P3 con, no guests are announced yet, but I'm already looking forward to it. Hope I'll be able to go, bought my ticket a while ago (so I guess it's a m&g), but I'm not sure where I'll live or work in January 08, so I'm still not 100% sure that I can go. But I really hope I can go. Have the ticket and the roommate, now I only need the hotel room and the flight ticket.

I really have to start preparing my stuff and organising everything a bit earlier this time (presents, autograph pics, packing), but knowing me it'll be a last minute thing as always. After my first con, where I spent the night before I had to leave packing, I wanted to prepare everything early for P3, and ended up doing it in the last three days before the con, so that's not really an improvement. *g*
          Really, folks, if you can, start planning and preparing early!

You know, about the m&g ticket, I guess I'll have a m&g ticket, but I hope it's one of the later numbers. At P2 I had one of the last of the 300 m&g tickets, and that meant that I had to go to the autorgraph session on Sunday, not Saturday. And that was great, because the autograph session is something like the highlight of the con for me (was like that at my first con, too), and when it's basically the last thing I do at a con, then it's something like the icing on the cake.

Bye, A.
          ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
          ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

I dunno if I've got a meet n greet ticket...I got my ticket at the lower price...just lol!

I've got roomies all sorted ((((Shelsfc and Teknikal Ninja!))))

Now I just hope I've not got any uni at that time...it'll be 3rd and dissertation time...meep!!
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Arlessiar and Sue- good to see you guys! I'm here quite a bit, as are others you might know. Looks like there will be a decent amount of McKay thunkers at this con.

I went to my 1st con last month at Vancouver. I also didn't think I'd ever get to see David Hewlett, and I saw him 2 days in a row! Squee!

This one will be quite a trip for me. Vancouver is only a three hour drive from here. For P3, I have to fly half way across the planet. But that will make it that much more exciting. I'm gonna do a full-on holiday. London-Manchester-Glasgow.

Oh, and they have announced their first guest:
              PAUL McGILLION!!!!!
              sigpic
              Sig by im_meli
              More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

When I ordered tickets, there were 3 M&G left. I paid the tickets for 87 pounds so I think I am in. I hope. It would be bad if I had 300 and my friend 301 or so.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Hi Mercury, nice to see you here too.

Yeah, that will be quite a long flight for you. Good that you planned a longer trip.

Originally posted by Mercury973 View Post
                  Oh, and they have announced their first guest:
                  PAUL McGILLION!!!!!
                  Argh, of course, I forgot, how could I forget that they already announced the first guest, I mean, I was squeeing about the news a couple of days ago already, even wrote a LJ entry about it...... :headdesk:

This will be the second time that I meet PM, it will be so cool!

He's a charmer - big time!

Bye, A.
                  ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                  ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

This'll be the 3rd time I'll meet Paul lol

2004 - Wolf SG Glasgow

2006 - Forbidden Planet Edinburgh Signing

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post
                      I really have to start preparing my stuff and organising everything a bit earlier this time (presents, autograph pics, packing), but knowing me it'll be a last minute thing as always. After my first con, where I spent the night before I had to leave packing, I wanted to prepare everything early for P3, and ended up doing it in the last three days before the con, so that's not really an improvement. *g*
                      Really, folks, if you can, start planning and preparing early!
                      Presents?

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post
                      You know, about the m&g ticket, I guess I'll have a m&g ticket, but I hope it's one of the later numbers. At P2 I had one of the last of the 300 m&g tickets, and that meant that I had to go to the autorgraph session on Sunday, not Saturday. And that was great, because the autograph session is something like the highlight of the con for me (was like that at my first con, too), and when it's basically the last thing I do at a con, then it's something like the icing on the cake.
                      Does that mean people without meet and greet tickets won't get autographs?

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                      This'll be the 3rd time I'll meet Paul lol

2004 - Wolf SG Glasgow

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...oMishyandI.jpg

2006 - Forbidden Planet Edinburgh Signing

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...ed/mepaul2.jpg
                      There have been cons in Scotland?????? *dies* Why didn't I know about these? I could've made the Edinburgh one!!!

Comment

Yeah...Michael Shanks and Chris Judge were in Glasgow in 2003 (but I didn't know about it either), then Teryl Rothery, Paul McGillion and Ronny Cox were in Glasgow in 2004, the Paul did a signing at Forbidden Planet in 2005, and another last November.

None of the events were well publicised...it was only sheer luck I found out about the 2004 event and the 2006 signing...I missed the 2005 one altogether.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
                          Does that mean people without meet and greet tickets won't get autographs?
                          Nopes. Everyone is entitled to the autographs. They let you in in groups, so the during the first autograph session on Sat, everyone with a ticket number between 001 and 250 got in. Then on Sunday it was everybody else (but, again, in groups, so they'd call for everyone with a ticket number between 250 - 300, then 300-350, etc)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                            Yeah...Michael Shanks and Chris Judge were in Glasgow in 2003 (but I didn't know about it either), then Teryl Rothery, Paul McGillion and Ronny Cox were in Glasgow in 2004, the Paul did a signing at Forbidden Planet in 2005, and another last November.

None of the events were well publicised...it was only sheer luck I found out about the 2004 event and the 2006 signing...I missed the 2005 one altogether.
                            Dammit. I could so have made those. Though I only got into SG last year (shock horror! ) but I wish I'd known about them.

Originally posted by SallyLizzie View Post
                            Nopes. Everyone is entitled to the autographs. They let you in in groups, so the during the first autograph session on Sat, everyone with a ticket number between 001 and 250 got in. Then on Sunday it was everybody else (but, again, in groups, so they'd call for everyone with a ticket number between 250 - 300, then 300-350, etc)
                            Aah. Thanks.

Could someone tell me how the photo ops work? Do you have to book them?

Comment

Photo Ops.

Everyone hangs around loitering - not queuing, bc "it's not a queue" - and then someone announces that the photo ops are now open and everybody scrambles to get in line, lol.

But yeah, you buy the photo ops during the day (you get a ticket with a number and name of the photo op, eg: Sat 25th, Paul McGillion, #25) and then during the panels, a message will flash on the screen at the back of the stage to say "Photo ops for Paul McGillion now in the conference room" so you take you and your ticket to the conference room and line up there to get your pic taken.

At least that's how it was done last year.

Edit: Oh, and then you're given another ticket to collect your photo. If they're done early on, they're usually ready by the end of the night, and if not, they should be ready to collect the next day. There's a table in the foyer with all the pics where you give the peeps your ticket and sign for you pic.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie View Post
                                Photo Ops.

Everyone hangs around loitering - not queuing, bc "it's not a queue" - and then someone announces that the photo ops are now open and everybody scrambles to get in line, lol.

But yeah, you buy the photo ops during the day (you get a ticket with a number and name of the photo op, eg: Sat 25th, Paul McGillion, #25) and then during the panels, a message will flash on the screen at the back of the stage to say "Photo ops for Paul McGillion now in the conference room" so you take you and your ticket to the conference room and line up there to get your pic taken.

At least that's how it was done last year.

Edit: Oh, and then you're given another ticket to collect your photo. If they're done early on, they're usually ready by the end of the night, and if not, they should be ready to collect the next day. There's a table in the foyer with all the pics where you give the peeps your ticket and sign for you pic.
                                Thanks for the info! (Hate being a newbie...)

Comment

Working...
                                X