Pegasus 3 - Jan 2008 London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Listy View Post
    yup seems like lots will be there Its just all so new and shiny to me though, I am worried I won't get in the right queues for what I want or will miss somethign important.
    They have a bulletin board in the foyer so you can always check that to make sure you don't miss anything.

And photo ops are annouced over the loud speaker in the foyer, so unless you happen to be in your room or McDonalds, you shouldn't miss any of them.

And if all else fails, follow everybody else, lol!

Seriously, last year Star, Moo and I were stood talking to one of the women behind the desk and I happen to glance around to find people have started lining up behind me. I'm like "This isn't a queue" but they still didn't move, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
      Seriously, last year Star, Moo and I were stood talking to one of the women behind the desk and I happen to glance around to find people have started lining up behind me. I'm like "This isn't a queue" but they still didn't move, lol.
      Omg, they so did! It was quite funny actually. Like starting a new trend.
      hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie View Post
        They have a bulletin board in the foyer so you can always check that to make sure you don't miss anything.

And photo ops are annouced over the loud speaker in the foyer, so unless you happen to be in your room or McDonalds, you shouldn't miss any of them.
        Ah thanks for that Do you have to pre-book for photos and stuff and are there only so many tickets?

And if all else fails, follow everybody else, lol!
        Once did that in my car following a diversion it was all going well until the car infront pulled into its driveway

sounds surreal!! that could be a fun pastime if you are bored you could have competitions to see how many queues you can create

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post
          Ah thanks for that Do you have to pre-book for photos and stuff and are there only so many tickets?
          Yep, you buy the photo ops at the weekend but in advance of the actual shoots, and yeah, there are only so many tickets for each guest. As you can imagine, the ops for David Hewlett were like gold-dust but there was less demand for some of the guests playing minor characters. Which is why so many people hang around the foyer forming queues left, right and center - in the hope they're at the front of the 'real' queue.

Once did that in my car following a diversion it was all going well until the car infront pulled into its driveway
          LOL! Awww. Hehe.

sounds surreal!! that could be a fun pastime if you are bored you could have competitions to see how many queues you can create
          A fun past time is drunkenly walking through the Maccies drive-thru in car formation, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
            But it is great about cons, or I noticed so. Lots of nationalities and different people. I love it.
            Yeah, that's the great thing about cons, and one of the reasons why I loved P2! I met online friends in person, people from all over the world, people I'd never thought I'd meet one day! So cool!

I'm looking forward to meeting you at P3, mercury, pavane and klenotka!

I'll fly in from Germany on Friday, will land in Heathrow and meet my roommate there, just like last time. She's from Germany too, but she's flying in from a different city. P3 will be the fourth con on which we share a room.

Bye, A.
            ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
            ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury973 View Post
              I'll put this in spoilers, since it's not very exciting, and tells my opinion of the Vancouver Con and expectations of London.

Spoiler:
              The Vancouver one was in Burnaby BC last month. It was ok. It was the 10 year anniversary of SG1 and a celebration of the show. It was my 1st con, so I'm not an expert in them or anything, but it seemed pretty much 75% SG1. P3 tickets cost me $168 US and Vancouver cost me $450 US. Big price difference. Other than seeing Hewlett and having the opportunity to see ADB ($15 CAN extra) the main selling point for me is the set tour. I got to run around the Atlantis and SGC sets.

P3 is all SGA, so I will be in heaven. I know it will not be as big as Vancouver, but I am really excited to go. There is a thread for the 08 Van, if you want to check it out.

Thanks so much for the info
              I would probally like them both since I love both shows and the sets would be cool to see.
              But completly Atlantis...
              And they're every year?
              sigpic
              My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post

Bye, A.
                *cough*

Seriesly guys, you don't have to worry about going on your own. I go to conventions all the time on my own and it's fine. P2 was my first weekend con and i made lots of new friends, met friends from the net, went to meet ups and shared a room with a complete stranger. It's want i love about stargate conventions so much. You can be standing in a queue, make a small comment to the person at the side of you and next thing you know, you've made a brilliant friend that you spend the whole weekend with. I think i only left the hotel twice the whole weekend, once to McD's, the other to the pub (seen London once enough for me, hate big cities).

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

Yeah, that's the great thing about cons, and one of the reasons why I loved P2! I met online friends in person, people from all over the world, people I'd never thought I'd meet one day! So cool!

I'll fly in from Germany on Friday, will land in Heathrow and meet my roommate there, just like last time. She's from Germany too, but she's flying in from a different city. P3 will be the fourth con on which we share a room.

Bye, A.

I agree. I know lots of people online but I never thought I would meet them online. I think London is such universal place for meeting And now, thanks photos from P2, we will finally recognize each other.

We will fly from Prague. But the only companies fliyng to Heathrow are the *big* companies which are expensive. So we will fly by cheap charter and end up in Stenstead ...or Gaetwick if we will be lucky.
                  Just thinking...isn´t possible that there is some bus going from one airport to another?
                  Last edited by Klenotka; 26 April 2007, 02:30 PM.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Red Phoniex View Post
                    *cough*
                    Sorry, sorry! Looking forward to meeting you too, of course! And many others I forgot to mention now.

Bye, A.
                    ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                    ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                      We will fly from Prague. But the only companies fliyng to Heathrow are the *big* companies which are expensive. So we will fly by cheap charter and end up in Stenstead ...or Gaetwick if we will be lucky.
                      Just thinking...isn´t possible that there is some bus going from one airport to another?
                      Have you tried British Airways? They do not bad flight prices if you book early enough. AND they fly to Heathrow from Prague

Comment

Originally posted by Olivia001 View Post
                        Thanks so much for the info
                        I would probally like them both since I love both shows and the sets would be cool to see.
                        But completly Atlantis...
                        And they're every year?
                        The Vancouver one is every year. P3 is on it's 3rd year. I dunno what they had before. The Van one was good for a lot of reasons and because of the set tour. Bridge Studios is only like 5 miles away from where the convention was held. Plus, there are so many other sites around that the show has been filmed. Pavane can fill you in on that, if she wants.

I like SG1 and all, but nothing compaired to SGA, to which I am just obsessed over. The Van one was a lot of fun, but it heavy SG1. P3 is all SGA.

Going to cons is a blast. None of my friends are into 'gate, so I have no one to talk to in RL. When I was whinging about Carson, my friends looked at me like I was speaking gibberish (could be!). One of the best things about cons is having conversations with people from all over the world about the show and also their life.

Big HI to Arlessiar, Pavane, Klenotka, Red Phoenix and everyone. I can't wait to meet you all.
                        Last edited by Mercury973; 26 April 2007, 02:48 PM.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by im_meli
                        More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
                          Have you tried British Airways? They do not bad flight prices if you book early enough. AND they fly to Heathrow from Prague
                          Thanks for advice. It looks low but I will probably have to call there and ask for a price. It looks suspiciosuly bc it is TOO low. Never satisfied me My dad thinks I am crazy I am working whole year and then spend all my money for one weekend He just doesn´t understand how great this weekend is

Originally posted by Mercury973
                          I liked SG1 and all, but nothing compaired to SGA, to which I am just obsessed over. The Van one was a lot of fun, but it heavy SG1. P3 is all SGA.
                          The reason, why me and my friend are only two Czechs in P3 is that it´s only about SGA. Atlantis has never ran here and so it doesn´t have so many fans like SG1. And people who have seen it still prefer SG1. And Czech SG community is still small so I´d would certainly know if someone else would go. But I know that group of people go to Gabit just bc of Amanda.
                          Last edited by Klenotka; 27 April 2007, 12:51 AM.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Hi. *waves hello* My name is Sally and I'm a Stargate fan. :-)

I know I met some of you at P2 and I'm really looking forward to P3. Next January is far too far away.

Klenotka, have you seen this website? It has links to the bus services between all of the London airports.

I look forward to meeting lots of you next January.

Comment

Yay!

Originally posted by Arlessiar
                              I'll fly in from Germany on Friday, will land in Heathrow and meet my roommate there, just like last time.
                              At this point in time, I'll probably arrive on Thursday and leave on Monday. I'd stay longer but I think I'd run out of money before then.

Originally posted by Mercury973 View Post
                              The Vancouver one is every year. P3 is on it's 3rd year. I dunno what they had before. The Van one was good for a lot of reasons and because of the set tour. Bridge Studios is only like 5 miles away from where the convention was held. Plus, there are so many other sites around that the show has been filmed. Pavane can fill you in on that, if she wants.
                              Yes, that's the great thing about the Vancouver con! You can go around and visit the different locations in the city where they film. One of the peeps on this year's vancouver con thread organized a location tour. She had a whole list of places to visit and we didn't get to them all because of the rain (it rains a lot in Vancouver! ) But we managed to see Jack's cabin, Sam's house, Elements cafe (it's right across the street from Bridge Studios), Bridge Studios during the CB rally (omg! One of my fav parts of the weekend!), Simon Frasure University (Tolan homeword), Horizons Restaurant (O'mally's from "upgrades"), the sulfur pit (yellow sand) from "Cold Lazarus" - well we didn't actually visit the pit, we just saw it from a distance.

Originally posted by sally_maria View Post
                              Hi. *waves hello* My name is Sally and I'm a Stargate fan. :-)
                              Hi Sally!

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

I think we should organise an unofficial GW party for Peg3...maybe something along the lines of the Chocolate party that they had at Vancouver, or maybe we could take over McDonalds for an evening

(or we could take our invisible cars through the drive thru at midnight (ask Shelsfc and Teknikal ))

ETA - 8000 POSTS!!!!!!!!!
                                Last edited by sueKay; 27 April 2007, 10:39 AM.
                                sigpic
                                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
                                X