Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, I've been thinking about geting it for ages and finally got it last week
    sigpic

Comment

I've been thinking about getting the point of origin on the back of my neck for five years now and last summer I finally got it done. Though, I slightly changed the spot.
      Here's the evidence(the pic was taken right after it was done)

Comment

I might get my two combined into one somehow, or continue it down my arm instead
        Mrs Tapping

Myspace: www.myspace.com/stuey1221
        MSN: [email protected]
        feel free to add me on either

Comment

i'd love to be able to show you guys my 4 stargate tats but i share this comp with my gran and she'll kill me if she finds out i've even had them done. i've book a week off work starting sat so i can get 2 new tats, one on each foot. one foot a stargate themed thing (don't have good design yet) and the other foot with a tolkien theme and later maybe a harrypotter bit added to both, i haven't pinned down my design yet, i came on here to find inspiration and have be so. extra bonus with these tats is they will cover up a crappy tat i had done a few years ago, it's meant to be a fairy but it just looks like a pointy blob.

Comment

Yeah PurpleTadpole I always suggest looking up an artist on line and talking with others who have tats.
            You can always load your photos on photobucket, that way they don't have to be on your computer. It's also a great way to back up any photos you want to save, in case something happens to your computer.
            O'Neill: "Ah. Trees, trees and more trees! What a wonderfully green universe we live in, eh."

Season 3 Episode 8 - Demons

Comment

I've been thinking of getting this logo -

- tattooed somewhere. I don't want it to be totally hidden, but don't want to look at it all the time either. Got any suggestions where it should be located?
              sigpic

Comment

Back of your leg. Could always be going down your spine. Back of your arm.

Just depends on how big of font you want, that'll depend on where it'll fit.
                O'Neill: "Ah. Trees, trees and more trees! What a wonderfully green universe we live in, eh."

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
                  Back of your leg. Could always be going down your spine. Back of your arm.
                  I like the thought of back of my leg.

Just depends on how big of font you want, that'll depend on where it'll fit.
                  Can't say exact inches, but a little bit smaller than the picture I posted.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ok, now you just need to choose thigh or calf and which leg.

I suggest printing it out at the size you want it and holding it there for a couple minutes every day for a week.
                    That way you get kinda use to seeing it and you'll know if you really want this on the back of your leg until you're lying in a casket.

Please post a pic if/when you get it. I love seeing tats.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
                      I suggest printing it out at the size you want it and holding it there for a couple minutes every day for a week.
                      That way you get kinda use to seeing it and you'll know if you really want this on the back of your leg until you're lying in a casket.
                      That's good advice, thank you.

Please post a pic if/when you get it. I love seeing tats.
                      Of course. But it won't happen any time soon. If I'm really going to get SG tat and it's gonna be with me for the rest of my life, then waiting for year or two isn't a problem.
                      sigpic

Comment

As a non tattooed person, I have a couple of questions. Please, someone or a bunch of you answer, since I really want to know:

1. Why do you want to have a tattoo?

2. What will you do in a few years if/when tattoos become as fashionable as powder blue suits?
                        Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                          As a non tattooed person, I have a couple of questions. Please, someone or a bunch of you answer, since I really want to know:

1. Why do you want to have a tattoo?

2. What will you do in a few years if/when tattoos become as fashionable as powder blue suits?
                          1. For me, I keep them personal. My tattoos mean something to me. They remind me of what I hold dear to me and are a reminder that I should remain myself, never sell myself and to hold to my honor, integrity and to never give up my ethics. They're there to help to give me strength in trying times. And when I'm old I can look at them and know they still mean something to me and they helped to give me strength.

2. My tattoos are on MY skin, I paid for them, I chose to get them. They are for ME and ONLY for me.
                          I don't care who doesn't like them and if someone judges me because I have them. That alone says more about them than it does about me.

Comment

I am considering getting a Stargate theme tattoo. I want to get my name tattooed in Ancient, but I don't know it I want to use Ancient Hand font or Anquietas font. Anyone have any opinions? Also what is the font that is written on the steps in the Atlantis gateroom? Is that Anquietas?
                            sigpic

Comment

This is the only thing that I can suggest that might help you.
                              http://www.thescifiworld.net/fonts.htm

And please post a pic if/when you get the tat.

Comment

Thanks Tiger! I will definitely post a pic when I get it!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X