This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all your replies/input

As far as losing the shuttle for a stargate-y ship like a hatak, puddle jumper, a 304 or even a Ori toilet seat, lol! i reckon a stargate-themed ship would look cooler than something "real-world" but im going to have to go with Lt. Col. John_Sheppard's view that its going to be with me forever.

the sleeve started out as a general "real" space themed idea with the planets, and possibly the shuttle, just cuz space/technology/the future has always interested me, so im sure ill still be happy with that when im older, the stargate stuff was actually an after-thought when i was trying to think of science/tech stuff to fill the lower section (below the band of planets)

and i figured i've liked stargate for like 10-12 years, which probably makes it one of the longest "interest's" ive had, its probably the only thing i liked when i was 10 that i still like now, LOL!

it also makes a nice border from the space stuff to the pyramids, so i guess i could always claim the "egyptology" excuse!

Another thing i was thinking of having tattoo'ed is the quote "Destiny, the choices we make, and the chances we take..." possibly below this space tattoo further down my arm

(ive had that idea since b4 SGU was announced, so its interesting they called the ship destiny)

Also to atlantis_man, im interested by your idea, but im not sure what a MDS of atlantis is, could you explain?

Comment

Apologies for the large image however my skills are using this forum is somewhat limited. Compliments of http://sg-atlantis.org I came across this picture months ago.

As you can see the snowflake design here is uniform and symmetrical, now rather doing an outline, use the concept of celtic and tribal knots to weave the shape. Also I would expand on that and include the outer hull for a fuller design, I was planning to keep with the symmetry and only use two examples of a large and small pier.

Am I making sense or have I lost you all?
      Spoiler:

Comment

I've decided to get the address to earth, the symbols for Atlantis in the Pegasus galaxy, and whatever the symbols to the ship in Universe will be. The only problem I have is with the Atlantis one, I don't know if I want to use the seven symbols from the first planet they were on, or the second.

But anyway, I want to get them side-by-side, running vertically down my right upper arm. I need to hit the gym for this first, but I figure an October premiere for Universe gives me time.
        It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
        --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

That's cool Opener, just take into mind when you're 70 and not hitting the gym.

Let us see the pics when the art is finished!
          O'Neill: "Ah. Trees, trees and more trees! What a wonderfully green universe we live in, eh."

Season 3 Episode 8 - Demons

Comment

I guess I'm not all that crazy afterall...
            I did think about it a few times. Like the first time I was looking through the merchandise thinking "wow that'd make an awesome tattoo!"
            I've never gotten one - not saying I still never would, but I never was sure what exactly I wanted, where I'd want it or what it'd look like when aged.
            And seeing it's pretty much permanent... those are things I'd want to make up my mind about first.
            Ankle or wrist would be my first choice, however. Always had a thing for bracelets. And it'd probably be something to do with the stargate or some saying in one of the alien races language.
            But then there's the inevitable wrinkling of the skin one day... I wouldn't want my original saying like, "I die free" or something ending up shriveling up to look like, "I am alien poo" :|

I did get my hair done like the Wraith in "Vegas". So I'll probably stick with that for now until I think the tat through more
            Save Atlantis Forum
            TheAmberCafe.com Free Classifieds

Comment

It's good that you're thinking it through WraithInMe. What I did before I got my tattoo was print it out in the size you would get it tattooed in and everyday tape it on yourself, wherever it is that you want the tattoo, and stare at it for a while. I did that everyday for a week and it proved I wanted it.
              I've heard that the ankle hurts because it's a boney part of your body. So just keep it in mind.
              Also some jobs won't let tattoos be shown, so make sure you can easily cover it in all seasons if you have an occupation like that.
              O'Neill: "Ah. Trees, trees and more trees! What a wonderfully green universe we live in, eh."

Comment

Go for the adresses!

I have gotten so much positive response for mine and Im totally extatic about getting the final Universe Adress!
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
                  It's good that you're thinking it through WraithInMe. What I did before I got my tattoo was print it out in the size you would get it tattooed in and everyday tape it on yourself, wherever it is that you want the tattoo, and stare at it for a while. I did that everyday for a week and it proved I wanted it.
                  I've heard that the ankle hurts because it's a boney part of your body. So just keep it in mind.
                  Also some jobs won't let tattoos be shown, so make sure you can easily cover it in all seasons if you have an occupation like that.
                  You're definitely right about the job bit. I do web design from home, most of the time, so I don't see it being an issue. However, should I venture off into another occupation one day - it IS something to take into consideration.

I knew some areas could be quite...uncomfortable... but wasn't sure which parts would be the worst. I was guessing the more "private" areas
                  You're probably right about the ankle, but the wrists and ankles are one place I'm sure I can handle it the best.

What you did before you got yours is really an awesome idea. I never even thought about doing it that way. I'm actually going to try it. I just always tried visualizing what it'd look like.

Thanks a lot for the tips, Tiger.

One thing I do know about myself - when I'm ready I'll definitely know it and go with it.
                  Something tells me I'll eventually be back in this thread with some photos
                  Save Atlantis Forum
                  TheAmberCafe.com Free Classifieds

Comment

I have planned the next step in my ongoing stargate tattoo!

I wanna expand it to include a Wraith in the Pegasus side and a Anubis guard in the Milkyway side!

Hope You like?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Quickstop View Post
                      I have planned the next step in my ongoing stargate tattoo!

I wanna expand it to include a Wraith in the Pegasus side and a Anubis guard in the Milkyway side!

Hope You like?
                      I hope you got the gate addresses right. Also not to find fault, but I think the Wraith looks really weird, it's "legs" look like a levitating dress. And the Anubis guard is more Stargate Film that SG1 canon. I'd go for one of the Serpent guards, or one of the other popular ones.

Comment

I am new to this forum, FYI!

I have a stargate tattoo, I just got it recently.

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k...5247591232.jpg

It's on my arm, I am very happy with it. I was thinking about getting another stargate related tattoo. Originally I wanted to get Ronan's neck tattoo done on my neck to (it represents his military rank...) but I decided against a neck tattoo and settled for the gate address to earth. Please tell me what you think.
                        Last edited by Bagpuss; 28 March 2009, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KFShimmy View Post
                          I am new to this forum, FYI!

I have a stargate tattoo, I just got it recently.

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k...5247591232.jpg

It's on my arm, I am very happy with it. I was thinking about getting another stargate related tattoo. Originally I wanted to get Ronan's neck tattoo done on my neck to (it represents his military rank...) but I decided against a neck tattoo and settled for the gate address to earth. Please tell me what you think.
                          Looks really good, however the gate address I have for earth seems slightly different, mainly in the first two symbols being the other way around.

I was just thinking about getting a wraith feeder tattooed onto my hand. Only thing is hand tattoos hurt, don't last very long, and I'd probably end up being known as the guy with a hand vagina to non stargate fans.
                          Last edited by Bagpuss; 28 March 2009, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Wow, I think this is a lot cooler than some Japanese letters!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post
                              Looks really good, however the gate address I have for earth seems slightly different, mainly in the first two symbols being the other way around.

I was just thinking about getting a wraith feeder tattooed onto my hand. Only thing is hand tattoos hurt, don't last very long, and I'd probably end up being known as the guy with a hand vagina to non stargate fans.
                              I got the address from a few different websites. In the end I just realized that they are all turned around differently when you compare the photos. The original DHD was round...

So, I dunno. I found this on google:

It was my favorite.

The wraith feeder thing would be pretty funny. Painful tho!

Comment

That's really cool KFShimmy.
                                But why not the seventh chevron?

Comment

Working...
                                X