Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first tattoo, some several years back now, was the Eye of Ra on my right shoulder, with the snake of Apophis (stylized by yours truly) on my left. I didn't want to go too nerdy, I can always say I'm an Egyptian enthusiast to anyone who doesn't get "The Gate" like we do. I am not sure what I want to do next, the Ori and the Wraith never really stuck with me like the System Lords did.

Any suggestions on something a bit more timeless?

Comment

thats freakn cool...
      --TexaspartaN--

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbow View Post
        My girlfriend and I are planning on getting Stargate tattoos... she really wants the address to Earth from Atlantis - does anyone know where to find it?
        I've got it for ya!

Spoiler:

I have always loved Bon Jovi's Superman tattoo, on his shoulder. If I ever get a tattoo that would be it. If not something Stargate related.
        Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 11 February 2009, 04:31 PM.
        sigpic
        Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by Gavatarman View Post
          same really, and my parents would KILL me. My dad would hit me so hard i would be sent into last week (jk, jk)..............
          Same here. M mom won't even let me dye my hair, let alone get a tattoo! *pouts*

Comment

My man has went and got two more tattoos

and

so now his neck is Stargate themed
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bandersnatch View Post
              ...Please don’t judge as being a “gang-banger” or “rebellious” me for getting tattoo. Every time I look at it, I think of what once was and now what is – and of course the man inadvertently responsible – and I’m truly happy. I’ll carry it with me now for the rest of my days and beyond.
              How can you been deemed "rebellious" when your tattoo is that of a science fiction program? If you saw somebody walking along with a tank top on and a picture of spock on their shoulder would you think rebel?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                Here it is, on the back of my neck

And yeah I don't care what you say cos its an awesome symbol just as cool as any of that tribal crap that people get all over their bodies...
                Oh, nice! One day I'm gonna have a SG tattoo, at least Earth's point of origin, for sure. I just haven't decided where should it be - on the neck, shoulder, ankle...
                sigpic

Comment

Hey,

I've been designing a new space/sci-fi themed tattoo i'm planning to get on my upper right arm, as a sort of half sleeve, and have decided to include a stargate in there, so i thought id post a picture of what ive drawn so far,

what do you think? im also trying work out what out else i could fit in there so if anyone wants to make any suggestions, id appreciate the help

(one idea i had was Atlantis somewhere in the gap but im no sure how itd fit)

oh btw the bit at the bottom is a tattoo i already have, its some sheet music, with stars and cards logos over it,

close up of stargate:

Comment

Nice drawing! I like the space shuttle. Can't you move everything a little bit together, and put the pyramids in the left gate? In the right you could put a picture of Atlantis.
                    Wait! New idea, leave some space and put the Destiny in later.... How 'bout that?
                    Sam: "You can´t be serious!"
                    Jack: "What?"
                    Daniel: "It´s the only way!"
                    Jack: "What?"
                    Sam: "Now, we agreed...!"
                    Jack: "If I have to say "WHAT?" one more time, heads are gonna roll!"
                    - - - - -
                    Knight Rider S01E11
                    KITT: Sarah, our father is dead.
                    - - - - -
                    Eureka S03E12
                    Bismarck: This is madness.
                    Fargo: This is Eureka!

Comment

thanks nxcalibur, I'm going to put in some smoke coming from the Shuttle's Rocket Booster's to fill the gap below it and probably have its spread to near the bottom of the gate.

oh btw there is only one stargate, the tattoo is a sleeve, so it will wrap around my arm, so they're the same one, when its around my skin they will join up to make one full gate, so cant have Pyramids in one and Atlantis in the other, although that would have been pretty cool, one for SG-1 other for Atlantis, lol.

I like the Destiny idea, but ill have to wait and see what it looks like...

Above the set of planets of our solar system, i'm gonna have galaxies and Nebula's and stuff like that, comets etc, maybe i could put the destiny somewhere out there near the edge of the "Universe" lol,

....but will have to wait and see how much i like SGU first, have liked all the others Stargate stuff since i was 8 (am 20 now) so hopefully will, am looking forward to it

Comment

Originally posted by nxcalibur View Post
                        Nice drawing! I like the space shuttle. Can't you move everything a little bit together, and put the pyramids in the left gate? In the right you could put a picture of Atlantis.
                        Wait! New idea, leave some space and put the Destiny in later.... How 'bout that?
                        i think its a wrap around, the lft gate is just the right hand sid of the gate on the right

Comment

loose the shutle for a jumper or a h'tak and youve got a winner

Comment

This is pretty cool. I don't think I would get a tattoo like that just because it would have to stay with me forever...
                            ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Comment

that looks pretty tacky to be honest, and replace the shuttle with something Stargatey.

Comment

I thought about this myself and the best I could come up with was a symetrical MDS of Atlantis, like the one we saw in Rising. Same over all shape but rather than straight lines like a structural diagram, go with a celtic/tribal knot look. Flowing with its sharps edges and weaving around to form the snowflake like shape?

Rubbish, yay or nay?
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X