Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been thinking about getting a Sci-Fi themed sleeve for years now. It would just be a mash of everything I was a fan of.
    River Tam: My food is problematic.

Comment

You guys do realize of course, that in 20 years, when the popularity of Stargate is a distant memory, those tattoos will look to you like those powder blue suits of the 70's and 80's, right? Only, you won't be able to shove the tattoo into the attic and forget about it.
      Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
        You guys do realize of course, that in 20 years, when the popularity of Stargate is a distant memory, those tattoos will look to you like those powder blue suits of the 70's and 80's, right? Only, you won't be able to shove the tattoo into the attic and forget about it.
        which is why the SG tat i want is cool looking and only utter fans would even recognise it as stargate
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

yeah but getting a SG tat would keep it alive for the real die hard fans if you get a tat that only us gatefans know (like the baal or anubis symbol) so say if someone who didn't watch stargate saw it it would just look like a cool symbol but if your a fan of Stargate who sees it they would go "ooh anubis symbol...cool"
          sigpic

now when you wake up like this in the morning you know you've had a good night

Comment

Stargate a distant memory??? Come on...where do you come from? You're right, completely, but still...Avatar III and ice_devil said it: Something not everybody identifies as "Stargate".

Would a gate address count as stargate?
            SGU: Their Only Mission is Survival

Indeed.
            Who knew that this was to take literally!

Forever my team:

Comment

Hello folks, for first sorry for my bad English. My Name il Luca and I live in Rome. I'm a admin of famous italian website of Stargate, and this is my tribute

http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0004su2.jpg

Bye
              Last edited by Luca77; 19 March 2008, 10:18 AM.

Comment

hey Luca,
                Pretty cool, You got anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by nanunanu View Post
                  hey Luca,
                  Pretty cool, You got anymore?

Hi! for now no.. Bye

Comment

I'm a tattoo artist, and me and another tattoo artist traded stargate tattoos, you whould check out the serpent guard I did on taylor, and I'm sure he'll be posting mine soon.
                    The one I did is on www.tattooandy.com

Comment

Okay so I've not been around here for absolutely aaaaages so forgive me if this is in the wrong place or whatever but here's the thing... I've been really wanting to get a tattoo for a long long time and I'm thinking of getting the Point of origin put on the very top of my back, on the top of my spine.

What do you guys think? Will it look alright or should I forget it and have something else?

~JB

P.S. Mods- if this is in the wrong place could you please move it for me? Thank you
                      Someone notices you. Someone somewhere notices you the second you walk into a room. Find them. Because they’re waiting for you. Waiting for you to turn your head, say hello, and make their day the way you’ve made every single one of theirs. Find them.

Comment

Here http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ghlight=tattoo
                        or
                        here http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ghlight=tattoo
                        might be better places to discuss this.

I have a PoO as part of the tat on my ankle. I thought about getting my first tat for 30 years. The stargate tat took another 5.
                        I'm not saying don't get one. I'm just saying think long and hard. It becomes a permanent part of your body.
                        Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                        sigpic

Comment

A friend of mine had the exact same thing on the top of his neck. It looks really cool. And to non-stargate fans just a cute symbol.

Comment

If you lot are true fans, you lot all be getting Tattoos on your Foreheads

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post

lol u beat me to it mate...excatly what i was thinking
                              The BC-304... Just Try And Stop Us Now!

sigpic

Comment

Ahhh great! Thanks

I'm not saying don't get one. I'm just saying think long and hard. It becomes a permanent part of your body
                                Yeah... I've been to the tattoo place so many times just to ask about it and stuff... I can't just jump in with this thing- it's about as permanent as you can get!

A friend of mine had the exact same thing on the top of his neck. It looks really cool. And to non-stargate fans just a cute symbol.
                                Ahh you see that's what I'm going for- for fans it'll mean something- for non fans it's cute. And if anyone asks I can just say it means earth.. which it does!

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post

hahah! Thats what my friend said! I told him to go first

~JB
                                Someone notices you. Someone somewhere notices you the second you walk into a room. Find them. Because they’re waiting for you. Waiting for you to turn your head, say hello, and make their day the way you’ve made every single one of theirs. Find them.

Comment

Working...
                                X