This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Callista
    I know exactly what you mean. I jumped out of an airplane once. I'm really glad I did it and I had the experience, but I don't have any intention to ever do it again!
    Right on! See, I don't think I would ever do that. I may not be a wussy about pain issues, but scary things that might kill me immediately tend to be on my list of nevers!

Good for you - that is huge!! **big thumbs up**

Comment

My husband (then boy-friend) bought that for me for a birthday present. I made the mistake of sitting by the door and when they opened the door, I kind of leaned over and looked down and things started getting hazy and then they made me go first because I was next to the door so I climbed out on the tiny little foot-rest thing and held onto the strut of the wing and the instructor guy hit the back of my leg which means: "GO!" and I just looked at him and thought: "Absolutely not!!!" but then my rational brain kicked in and I realized I would never be able to climb back into the plane so I let go. All I can say is I'm glad they had the pull-cord attached to the plane because I think I would have forgotten to pull and gone SPLAT!!! if it had been up to me.
      I suspect this is what I looked like to the instructor guy.
      ................................................................................
      ................................................................................ ....
      ................................................................................ ..........

................................................................................ .................

................................................................................ .........................

Comment

My husband (then boy-friend) bought that for me for a birthday present. I made the mistake of sitting by the door and when they opened the door, I kind of leaned over and looked down and things started getting hazy and then they made me go first because I was next to the door so I climbed out on the tiny little foot-rest thing and held onto the strut of the wing and the instructor guy hit the back of my leg which means: "GO!" and I just looked at him and thought: "Absolutely not!!!" but then my rational brain kicked in and I realized I would never be able to climb back into the plane so I let go. All I can say is I'm glad they had the pull-cord attached to the plane because I think I would have forgotten to pull and gone SPLAT!!! if it had been up to me.
        I suspect this is what I looked like to the instructor guy.
        Awesome! Now, all we need to do is pick out your tattoo....**giggles**

**giggles some more**

Comment

I so have to get a Stargate-related tattoo. Definitely on my to-do list. Personally, I'd love a representation of the Stargate itself on my chest or shoulder.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
            I so have to get a Stargate-related tattoo. Definitely on my to-do list. Personally, I'd love a representation of the Stargate itself on my chest or shoulder.
            Or around one of your eyes!!! That would be so cool and freaky!!!! I'll give you green every week for a year if you do it!!!!

Comment

My I suggest shoulder....?

Comment

Or around one of your eyes!!! That would be so cool and freaky!!!! I'll give you green every week for a year if you do it!!!!
                Only thing with that is I doubt I'd get much respect at work anymore. It'd be kinda hard to boss people around with that on my face. Unless, of course, I had a working zat gun or staff weapon to back me up.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Only thing with that is I doubt I'd get much respect at work anymore. It'd be kinda hard to boss people around with that on my face. Unless, of course, I had a working zat gun or staff weapon to back me up.
                  A zat or staff weapon is always a good idea!

Comment

Originally posted by off-world
                    A zat or staff weapon is always a good idea!
                    Indeed! Either one would definitely help keep some people I know in line.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Indeed! Either one would definitely help keep some people I know in line.
                      Ok, so now that we have established you need to keep your side arm handy. Let us know when you get your tattoo and post a pic for us too.

Comment

Originally posted by off-world
                        Ok, so now that we have established you need to keep your side arm handy. Let us know when you get your tattoo and post a pic for us too.
                        You got it.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Chricton
                          I have a slightly altered Ouroboros symbol on my back. It looks like this, from that show "Millennium". It's colored the same red tone of the first one, with the two slanted lines flowing through it. Just no background color.
                          Scully of the X-Files had that tattoo on her lower back....but her ink had some psychotropic effects so she got it removed........double sci-fi meaning there.

I was at a Star Trek convention in Bellevue, WA (close to Seattle) The guy running a Sci-Fi booth had a gate on his right calf. It was a little bigger than plam size and he was adding onto it. It was colorful with ripple effect. Got no picture though.
                          Thanks for SIG to KIDWIZZ

Comment

Im lookin for the symbols for the Earth Address. Ive looked all over but i cant find them anywhere. Any chance someone can post them for me? Seperatly preferably. its for my new tattoo so i need to re-size them and so on. hence the seperate sizes.

Thanks all

Stu
                            Mrs Tapping

Myspace: www.myspace.com/stuey1221
                            MSN: [email protected]
                            feel free to add me on either

Comment

Thats a hard one, i've been looking all over the net for it, i've tried Wiki, but can't find it on there, i'm not sure where else to look. Have you tried asking on some other Stargate forums?

Comment

Originally posted by Stuey1221 View Post
                                Im lookin for the symbols for the Earth Address. Ive looked all over but i cant find them anywhere. Any chance someone can post them for me? Seperatly preferably. its for my new tattoo so i need to re-size them and so on. hence the seperate sizes.

Thanks all

Stu
                                Your getting a stargate tatoo? whoa!
                                "You have earned my respect and my friendship"

"The feeling's mutual"

"Please do not be sad"
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X