This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    So 'God' has written a clear set of guidlines has he? Alcohol is OK, weed is bad etc etc?
    I never said alcohol is good. That is your assumption. I said that the body is considered a temple and according to many religions, as a drug, alcohol and weed are not to be put into the body. Mormon and Muslim religions are but two that do not tolerate putting drugs in the body, drugs being alcohol, weed and tobacco....Remember also, I said it's the intent of the law or rule that is important.

Besides, this thread is talking about tattoos. From a religious perspective, people have different beliefs. You will do with your body what ever you want. It shouldn't matter weather I or anyone else agrees with you. If it does matter, then perhaps you need to re-evaluate your reasons for getting a tattoo.
    Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

It's not a case of agreeing or not, I just want to understand how it works. Surely even in terms of the Bible, disrespecting your body is just a matter of opinion? Jesus drank wine didn't he?

Comment

I am pretty sure that the wine that was made in thoes times was non-alchoholic.

Anyway we are getting a little off topic. Spose to be talking about tatoos.
        ghjkghjkghjuihjksigpic

ghukgyukukgyugyutyutyu

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Isis View Post
          I am pretty sure that the wine that was made in thoes times was non-alchoholic.

Anyway we are getting a little off topic. Spose to be talking about tatoos.
          I hope that was a joke!

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
            Not to get into a religious debate. Definitely a no no. But there are two trains of thought with that. Different religions focus on different aspects of that area of the scriptures. Not that people pick and choose what they follow, but that some of it does not really apply. The farmers leaving a portion of their fields untouched, for example, is really about tithing, which is giving 10% of your income to God, which means, leaving food on the ground to help the poor. At the time of the Bible, it was just more practical for farmers to leave part of their crops in the fields for the poor. Each one of those Biblical statements can be seen in the way I just described if you consider the times in which they were written. Also, the Bible has been translated from Ancient Hebrew. There are clear examples where it has been found that certain passages in the scriptures have been translated incorrectly. So, don't assume that everything you have read is written in stone.

I hope that helps.
            not really, sounds like "we'll change the rules when/if it suits us" to me

As I understand it, and I'm not an expert, people have been self medicating as long as we've had the sense to do so. Weather the treatment actually worked or not is another matter. With the scriptures, it's not the letter of the law that matters, but the intent. That's why over the counter drugs are okay and street drugs are not. Over the counter drugs are meant to help improve your health, while street drugs are meant to make you alter your perception. If the intent is to improve your health then the drugs are okay to put in your body. If you are, "self medicating" with street drugs, they are not.
            awesome , i can justify my *ahem* 'herbal' cigs as 'intent' to improve my mental and physical health, and its working, otherwise i'd either be ranting/insulting (mentally speaking, not good) those i think are misguided/stupid at every oportunity ( possibly resulting in a physical beating ), or blowing my brains out to avoid aformentioned 'idiots' (thats a no-no too isn't it? )

now, back on topic,

TWO, yes TWO boxes of cookies for a jaffa forehead tattoo(gold filled) AND a big tattoo of a symbiote pouch on the stomach, i might go to two and a half if someone gets a real symbiote pouch
            sigpic
            EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
            -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
              not really, sounds like "we'll change the rules when/if it suits us" to me

awesome , i can justify my *ahem* 'herbal' cigs as 'intent' to improve my mental and physical health, and its working, otherwise i'd either be ranting/insulting (mentally speaking, not good) those i think are misguided/stupid at every oportunity ( possibly resulting in a physical beating ), or blowing my brains out to avoid aformentioned 'idiots' (thats a no-no too isn't it? )

now, back on topic,

TWO, yes TWO boxes of cookies for a jaffa forehead tattoo(gold filled) AND a big tattoo of a symbiote pouch on the stomach, i might go to two and a half if someone gets a real symbiote pouch

Hey, I'll give real money for an actual forehead tattoo. But I need proof.
              Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                Hey, I'll give real money for an actual forehead tattoo. But I need proof.
                agree about the proof, your not allowed to say alot and expect to get the cookies
                sigpic
                EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                -Liberty Prime

Comment

this year i plan on getting the symbol of the Shol'va on my left forarm,
                  the earth address on my right forarm (Auriga, Cetus, Centaurus, Cancer, Scutum, Eridanus), and probably the SGC patches on my sholders at some point, planning to be SG-23
                  Last edited by AvatarIII; 10 September 2007, 09:21 AM.
                  Spoiler:
                  Disclaimer:
                  I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                  Quotes!
                  - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                  - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                  - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                  sigpic

Comment

I'd love to get a stargate tattoo myself, but the problem is I want one, that is actually genuine, if you know what I mean.
                    I want one that is from stargate, but also from a reall life, too. So, if someone asked me, what does it mean, I can tell him/her the real meaning or the stargate meaning.
                    If anyone has any ideas of which symbols or anything is also known in real life (egyptian mithology or sth..) let me know, please
                    "What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

Originally posted by *Oda* View Post
                      I'd love to get a stargate tattoo myself, but the problem is I want one, that is actually genuine, if you know what I mean.
                      I want one that is from stargate, but also from a reall life, too. So, if someone asked me, what does it mean, I can tell him/her the real meaning or the stargate meaning.
                      If anyone has any ideas of which symbols or anything is also known in real life (egyptian mithology or sth..) let me know, please
                      Well, you could use almost any constellation and have it be both. Most the Goa'uld symbols are taken from some reference form of that god in ancient Egypt (not sure about Cronus and the other non-Egyptian Goa'uld). I'm sure if you searched Wikipedia for info about a god or goddess that interests you, you could find something.

Comment

The Eye of Ra would be the one.

My daughter is contemplating getting that one done. I dared suggest she gets the Earth glyph as well and she just glared at me! She really doesn't like Stargate! lol. So, if my daughter is anything to go by the Eye of Ra would appeal to both those in the know with Stargate and those like her who are not!

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                          this year i plan on getting the symbol of the Shol'va on my left forarm,
                          the earth address on my right forarm (Auriga, Cetus, Centaurus, Cancer, Scutum, Eridanus), and probably the SGC patches on my sholders at some point, planning to be SG-23
                          Cool, make sure you post pics when you get it done
                          "But I want to do community service, I want to teach the handicapped how to yodel"

Comment

Originally posted by AlteranTheAncient View Post
                            i think its cuz its against the religion. your not suppose to 'Defile' or 'Mutilate' your body?
                            Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                            i'm a christian and i've never heard that one before, i think it would depend on what type of
                            christian you are. Then again i don't see a tattoo as defilation or mutilation, its more like permanent art,
                            but thats just me i guess

i want a tattoo but i have yet to decide what i want, i was thinking a star constellation
                            like orions belt
                            but the PoO is totally a cool idea
                            Originally posted by Bongeh View Post
                            OffT: im christian and i have a tattoo on my chest, my dad is christian and he has 5 tattoo's.

OnT: My tattoo isnt of stargate, im not sure id want one now unless i could specificly mention that i thought stargate died on season 8, and that ben browder is the devil.
                            I am a christian and my denomination is ok with it as long as you dont let it rule you. (an evrything in moderation sort of thing...the moderation may be different for different people)
                            Originally posted by rockerlad View Post
                            has anyone got a good pic of the PoO
                            lol....I saw this post and did NOT see it as point of origin...I'm soooooo grown up

I want to get one, but I would get something in hebrew or russian. I might even get some sort of egyptian thing, but I dont think I would get an SG one. I already have 5 piercings, so whats a tat while I'm at it?

Spoiler:

Originally posted by penguininablender
                            hey Fordies, log time no see. sorry i have not been on in a while. I was In a very bad car accident ( my VW bug was hit by a 46000 lb dump truck who ran a red light). I have just regained some use of my right hand and can barely type. I just missed y'all so much that I had to check in. I will try to come back t my fordies when I can type with more that just a thumb and a pointer,lol. Long live FORD!
                            Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                            OMG... so glad to hear that you are getting better... my positive energy is with you in hopes of a full recovery... Peace and Love.

- RSF

http://www.petitiononline.com/FORD/petition.html Sign the petition to bring back Ford!

Comment

the eye of Ra as that other guy said, or an Ankh, which i'm pretty sure is the symbol for Goa'uld Sarcophagus
                              Spoiler:
                              Disclaimer:
                              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                              Quotes!
                              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm actually planning on getting a PoO tattoo for my 21st birthday which is in exactly 53 days! Only my bestest friend (and now all you) is in on what my tatto is gonna be. Basicly, I want the PoO wrapped in vines with a few flowers on it. I'm still working on a sketch. I just hope I don't chicken out 53 days from now! lol!

Comment

Working...
                                X