No announcement yet.

Shore Leave 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only a few hours left. I better get to bed so I don't sleep through the con...

Comment

Originally posted by nell
      Hello GWers in Hunt Valley!!! **waves** I'll arrive between 1-2 p.m. Friday. Have a nice day sightseeing! I'll see you at Panera if not earlier at one of the hotels! SQUEE!!!
      I'm leaving my house soon. Got maps up the wazoo, snacks, water and blinga!
      If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
      proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
      Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        hey guys

we're in maryland - crashing at a friend's house -
        panera is most defintely still on - not that it never wasn't

I'm gonna try to head over there friday and warn them that about 30 folks are gonna descend upon them

we're gonna meet either in the hotel lobby at 430 to head over or if you can't make that, just head on over to panera by 5pm.

either works, don't sweat if you can't make one place, just head on over to the other. I would imagine that 30+ stargate fans will be pretty easy to spot
        Yay! Another GW'er arrived safely!

It's a beautiful cool and clear morning here in Mid-Maryland. I'm so happy the weather decided to cooperate for everyone who's coming in from out of state. Should be a beautiful day in the low- to mid-80's, so if you're in the area - get out and enjoy!

Since I'm on dial-up through early next week, this'll be the last time I check in today, pre-Panera. I plan to leave here no later than 3 p.m. to get there (am *really* going to try to lighten that lead foot of mine!) a bit before the 4:30 meet-up time, to hang out, pre-register, etc. Will be bringing those 3 extra lanyards/plastic badge holders for whoever wants them.

Will be the one in a short-sleeved pale green shirt, shoulder length brown hair w/blonde highlights, and really, really big dimples. (And of course the GW badge...)

Now... off to eat some breakfast and maybe *finally* stick the camera battery and memory card in the new camera!

See you all in a few hours.....

Just 8 hours!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!
        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

hi all, this is AJ (Denise's friend). I called Panera Bread and 'warned' them that the conveniton is on and that at least 30 will be invading the store this evening. They actually sounded excited lol.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Comment

Hi All,

Just got to Hunt Valley and checked into the Courtyard. Hubby and I are gonna go to register in a couple of minutes and then on to some sightseeing. See you all at 5 at Panera.

Hope you all made it or will make it safely!

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Hey all.
              Doubtful, but I hope someone who is going to Panera will check this before, but hopefully someone will see it. Sorry, I can't go to Panera tonight!

I decided against staying at the hotel and staying with my sister this weekend, and now she doesn't want to drive up to Panera tonight! She thinks traffic will be too bad. Crap, I am really wishing that I stayed at the hotel this weekend! So anyway see everyone tomorrow morning.
              I GoodSearch for the Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinsons Research
              Raise money for your favorite charity - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!

Comment

sugarshaker, LOL4JACK, sacme and I are at the Courtyard...RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW!!! We are heading to the con hotel to register before Panera!!! WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
                sigpic

Comment

I'm bringing my portable DVD and some choice SG-1 DVDs. Does anyone have some MacGyver DVDs? I was not a fan **slaps forehead** and I'm curious to see an episode. THUNKS
                  Well I've brought seasons 1-8 for anyone who's interested in a little Stargate marathon over the weekend.

Comment

sugarshaker, LOL4JACK, sacme and I are at the Courtyard...RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW!!! We are heading to the con hotel to register before Panera!!! WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
                    Hey Nell. A large group of GWers went to the Aquarium/downtown this afternoon, but they will be meeting us at Panera's between 4:30pm-5:00pm. See you there!

Comment

This is my first con and I am happily overwhelmed with the experience. I have met Carmen "Dad" Argenziano and Corin "Jonas" Nemic!!! Nice guys! I have to say that I was more excited to meet up with the group of GWers at Panera. Finally, faces to the user names!!! I'm taking a break at my Courtyard hotel hoping to meet up with some folks before I call it a night!
                      sigpic

Comment

*very BIG very TIRED, but very HAPPY grin!*

All I can say is WOW! It was so great to finally meet so many people I've known for years from here. (And many others who I haven't known for so long! ) Missed seeing Carmen *is jealous of Nell and Sugarshaker* this evening, but did shake Corin's hand, introducing myself as a 40-year old con virgin! Was nice to get the 'lay of the land' this evening since I know the place'll be packed tomorrow! (And hanging out some more w/some wonderful GW'er's was plenty cool too! )

Panera was great. (Think I only ate 1/2 my food - was so busy talking and listening!) Hugs to everyone (including the 'shipper support' husbands!) who made it to the GW meet-up. (and hmmmmmm....... am already thinking I wonder if I can scrape up the funds for Vancouver '07 now!!! Are cons ususally this addictive???!)

And now I'm going to check my e-mail as quickly as this temporary dial-up from hell will allow me and then rush off to get my *beauty sleep*

See y'all in the a.m.!
                        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Friday Night was great. Got to meet Corin, Gigi, and Kent. Can't wait till tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                            *very BIG very TIRED, but very HAPPY grin!*

All I can say is WOW! It was so great to finally meet so many people I've known for years from here. (And many others who I haven't known for so long! ) Missed seeing Carmen *is jealous of Nell and Sugarshaker* this evening, but did shake Corin's hand, introducing myself as a 40-year old con virgin! Was nice to get the 'lay of the land' this evening since I know the place'll be packed tomorrow! (And hanging out some more w/some wonderful GW'er's was plenty cool too! )

Panera was great. (Think I only ate 1/2 my food - was so busy talking and listening!) Hugs to everyone (including the 'shipper support' husbands!) who made it to the GW meet-up. (and hmmmmmm....... am already thinking I wonder if I can scrape up the funds for Vancouver '07 now!!! Are cons ususally this addictive???!)

And now I'm going to check my e-mail as quickly as this temporary dial-up from hell will allow me and then rush off to get my *beauty sleep*

See y'all in the a.m.!
                            Wow, what a great start to the weekend ... you and nell are already psyched! And the big news last night was Amanda sightings when she checked into hotel with Olivia and Alan. What fun!

Pictures and more con tales please!

So wish I could have met my GW pals this weekend too but RL had other plans for me ... I'll have to live vicariously through your stories.

Keep those cards and letters coming!

Comment

just back from the con, went through the photo op, Q&A, and autograph session with Amanda Tapping. Amanda looks as stunning as ever!! Carmen Argenziano looked very daper and tan as well. Amanda wore a black top w/ a white skirt, very pretty. She was in very good spirits and was as extremely kind as usual. Didn't give away any spoliers, but nobody really asked either. She talked about Olivia, said a few words about Abbie, and talked at length about breast-feeding on the job. It was really the basic questions that were asked. As far as S/J ship goes it was kind of a mixed bag really. I felt that there were a few anti-shippers out in the crowd. Although, she did say if it was up to her "O'Neill and Carter would be married by now", (in kind of a joking manner.)

One SOUR NOTE, some old buffalo in the audience started yelling at Amanda for of all things wearing that stupid blue dress in Emanicpation (sp.). Someone had asked what her best and worst moments in Stargate was. She was talking about that blue dress with the clevage and some woman in the crowd started screaming that she DIDN'T HAVE to wear that dress; she wasn't even at the mic when yelling. Amanda stood up to her and didn't back down. I am so sick, sick, sick, and tired of these women, and I use the word loosely, of BADGERING Amanda Tapping. She has been a champion of women's empowerment in television the last 9 years and still she has to put up with this cr@p at cons and on the internet. It's disgraceful !!!!!!

Amanda set the record for raising $2000 dollars for a Shore Leave charity, for a stuffed panda that Amanda signed. Amanda had said that she would match an offer for the panda. The winning bid was $1000, Amanda matched the $1000.

Shore leave officials seemed surprised at the legnth of the lines waiting to get Amanda's photo & autopragh. I think they greatly under-estimated how popular Amanda is.

I hope better questions are asked at Sunday's Q&A.

Comment

Originally posted by sky_blue_waters
                                just back from the con, went through the photo op, Q&A, and autograph session with Amanda Tapping. Amanda looks as stunning as ever!! Carmen Argenziano looked very daper and tan as well. Amanda wore a black top w/ a white skirt, very pretty. She was in very good spirits and was as extremely kind as usual. Didn't give away any spoliers, but nobody really asked either. She talked about Olivia, said a few words about Abbie, and talked at length about breast-feeding on the job. It was really the basic questions that were asked. As far as S/J ship goes it was kind of a mixed bag really. I felt that there were a few anti-shippers out in the crowd. Although, she did say if it was up to her "O'Neill and Carter would be married by now", (in kind of a joking manner.)

One SOUR NOTE, some old buffalo in the audience started yelling at Amanda for of all things wearing that stupid blue dress in Emanicpation (sp.). Someone had asked what her best and worst moments in Stargate was. She was talking about that blue dress with the clevage and some woman in the crowd started screaming that she DIDN'T HAVE to wear that dress; she wasn't even at the mic when yelling. Amanda stood up to her and didn't back down. I am so sick, sick, sick, and tired of these women, and I use the word loosely, of BADGERING Amanda Tapping. She has been a champion of women's empowerment in television the last 9 years and still she has to put up with this cr@p at cons and on the internet. It's disgraceful !!!!!!

Amanda set the record for raising $2000 dollars for a Shore Leave charity, for a stuffed panda that Amanda signed. Amanda had said that she would match an offer for the panda. The winning bid was $1000, Amanda matched the $1000.

Shore leave officials seemed surprised at the legnth of the lines waiting to get Amanda's photo & autopragh. I think they greatly under-estimated how popular Amanda is.

I hope better questions are asked at Sunday's Q&A.
                                Hey there, thanks for this first report. Were all three of them together for the Q&A too? Did Carmen and Corin join her onstage? Or does that happen tomorrow?

She's such a classy lady and I'm sure she handled all the fans well even the rude ones. Did you get to see Alan and Olivia? Probably not as I know at GABIT their privacy was maintained.

I love that the con staff were surprised by her popularity and that she raised the most for charity! Next time, they'll appreciate what they're getting.

Hope you fill us in tomorrow about the final Q&A. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                                X