GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
    Sweet! Sounds like you know what your about then. Emails and such were all sent out too so we just await confirmation before our evil plotting commences. Hope your up to some good walking, no matter the weather! *g*
    Ok...so what's that mean...good walking? How many km's are we talking about here??
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
      Ok...so what's that mean...good walking? How many km's are we talking about here??
      Oy don't remind me...never believe DD (person we toured London with) when she says something is 'just' down the road

*Mandy still remembers blisters on feet*
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        Oy don't remind me...never believe DD (person we toured London with) when she says something is 'just' down the road

Sounds like Heidi. She picked up her nickname of MC on our Toronto trip. MC = mileage challenged Just up the road was an hour drive.
        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
        William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
        Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post

Ahem.......actually the phrase was "we're almost there" or "it's not far"

*Jan still remembers the sock hanging from the TV*
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
            Ahem.......actually the phrase was "we're almost there" or "it's not far"

*Jan still remembers the sock hanging from the TV*
            Well, where else was I supposed to hang them to dry
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Hmm..it's not much, really. You'll see.

Lunch in town afterwards will give you plenty of time to sit and recoup the feet. The ride back as well. Let's just say, you should get a reaaaally good nights sleep that day. Lots of fresh air and walking...you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                Hmm..it's not much, really. You'll see.

Lunch in town afterwards will give you plenty of time to sit and recoup the feet. The ride back as well. Let's just say, you should get a reaaaally good nights sleep that day. Lots of fresh air and walking...you know.
                Sweet!! I do better on my feet than off. I can't sit for long periods or I get really bad tummy aches!
                I just managed to wrangle some extra days off work leading up to my annual leave. I need more time to prep but it's all happening really fast now!
                WooHoo!! AT4...here we come!!! Poor London...not gonna know what hit it!
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

It's fun to watch you guys get so excited

And, Stamps

Remember those postag stamps. Almost the 'last call'. Save those puppies and be ready to send them in/bring them with you. (info on that to come soon i'm sure)
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

And, Stamps

Remember those postag stamps. Almost the 'last call'. Save those puppies and be ready to send them in/bring them with you. (info on that to come soon i'm sure)
                    I've got an envelope full. Amazing how many I get at the office. The ones with polar bears made me laugh considering this group (or a segment of it). I also have some Olympic ones.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

And, Stamps

Hi All
                      I'm a bit late to the party and so I don't quite understand about the Stamps. Are you collecting any and all stamps or just special ones? Also, are they used or new?
                      Sorry for the dumb questions but I wasn't sure where to get the info.
                      Thanks
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to x stargatergirl x for the perfect sig!

Comment

any stamps, and used is preferred

What it is is: Hearing Dogs sells used postage stamps to collectors to raise money. So, collect any used postage stamps and the hearing dogs folks will gladly accept them as a donation to raise a few pounds.

Last i knew the only 'rules' were to please sort them into 'us' 'non-us' bags because that's how they sell them.

Gabit had said they'd have a donation point at the con, and for those that can't go, an address to mail the stamps to for any that want to donate but aren't going to the con
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Sweet!! I do better on my feet than off. I can't sit for long periods or I get really bad tummy aches!
                          I just managed to wrangle some extra days off work leading up to my annual leave. I need more time to prep but it's all happening really fast now!
                          WooHoo!! AT4...here we come!!! Poor London...not gonna know what hit it!
                          Saw an item on the local London news today that made me think of you. They are doing Jog-seeing tours now. You don't walk or ride to the sights - you jog! I kid you not. They showed a group of tourists and a guide, jogging from site to site.

Mumsey
                          (Sitting back to watch the reaction to that jem of information!)
                          For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

any stamps, and used is preferred

What it is is: Hearing Dogs sells used postage stamps to collectors to raise money. So, collect any used postage stamps and the hearing dogs folks will gladly accept them as a donation to raise a few pounds.

Last i knew the only 'rules' were to please sort them into 'us' 'non-us' bags because that's how they sell them.

Gabit had said they'd have a donation point at the con, and for those that can't go, an address to mail the stamps to for any that want to donate but aren't going to the con
                            Okay - what you need to do is leave the stamps stuck to the envelope. Don't try to steam or peel them off. Cut around the stamps leaving about 1cm of envelope around them. If you are coming to AT4 bring them with. If not, then stuff them in an envelope and send them to me at GABIT Events Ltd, PO Box 6154, Basildon, Essex SS14 0GE U.K. They need to arrive by Friday November 6th. That will be the last time I check the PO box before the event.

Postage labels don't count, but any proper stamp will, even if it isn't a special edition.

Thanks to everyone in advance.

Kay G4
                            For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the stamp information
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to x stargatergirl x for the perfect sig!

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                                Saw an item on the local London news today that made me think of you. They are doing Jog-seeing tours now. You don't walk or ride to the sights - you jog! I kid you not. They showed a group of tourists and a guide, jogging from site to site.

Mumsey
                                (Sitting back to watch the reaction to that jem of information!)

Worst tourism idea ever!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X