• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
    Ooooh, should we take bets?
    I like to place a bet on SE.

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
    We had a big meeting down at the Renaissance this weekend with all the staff and I've chosen a suitable area of two large alcoves in the bar for the Samandan chocolate party.

Bear in mind that the hotel has been newly refurbished with very lovely new "creamish" coloured carpet, soooo I will purchase some disposable table cloths for the tables for you all and buy some "clean wipes" for chocolate covered fingers. Try not to be messy people! I am passing over organising it to Liesl (Gabit attendee liaison) who will be in contact with the designated representative from the Samandans to arrange it. I've also put it on the schedule.

Julia
    G4

PS can you cross post to the Samandan thread for those who don't frequent here please.
    So, you're envisioning a group of people grinning maniacally with melted chocolate on their hands and faces? But, this is a group of mature.....oh, never mind.
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
    Anon

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
      I haven't had time to pay yet (you're anxious to pay )
      Not quite I just had something to clear up

Thanks Becky for your response...boy you are a fast quick woman
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

50 DAYS to go until AT4!!!!!

Days to go until The Sanctuary Experience!!!!!!!

Days to go until Meet the Man!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
          We had a big meeting down at the Renaissance this weekend with all the staff and I've chosen a suitable area of two large alcoves in the bar for the Samandan chocolate party.
          Bear in mind that the hotel has been newly refurbished with very lovely new "creamish" coloured carpet, soooo I will purchase some disposable table cloths for the tables for you all and buy some "clean wipes" for chocolate covered fingers. Try not to be messy people! I am passing over organising it to Liesl (Gabit attendee liaison) who will be in contact with the designated representative from the Samandans to arrange it. I've also put it on the schedule.
          Julia
          G4
          PS can you cross post to the Samandan thread for those who don't frequent here please.
          Why does this strike me as an appropriate location for the Samandans? (except for me, the milk drinker in the crowd )
          Hmmm...chocolate and a bar all within reach...oh yeah! I'm so gonna have the best time!!!
          Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
          [email protected] uk does not send back auto responses, you get a real person. in your case I can't answer your question and have sent it to the great mumsey who is out singing... She will reply to you on her return.
          Anyone who e-mails us should get a resonse within 24 hours. Sometimes we need to confer on an answer or look something up. We're good but not Psychic
          Becks
          Not quite I just had something to clear up
          Thanks Becky for your response...boy you are a fast quick woman
          This is what I absolutely love about the G4...the Gabit team! They are quick and totally on the ball.
          I wish all organizations could be like that...I'm still waiting for our promotional Wii to arrive...2 months late!
          Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL) View Post
          50 DAYS to go until AT4!!!!!
          My daughter hangs out for your AT4 countdown Mal...it's how we calculate how many days til her birthday...we just subtract 7 days from your countdown and BINGO!!! As for my own little countdown...its way too close and easy now for me to count the days til I leave!
          Thanks for keeping us up to date!
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

50 Days to go!!!! Yay!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
              Hmmm...chocolate and a bar all within reach...oh yeah! I'm so gonna have the best time!!!
              That's Chelle heaven!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                Hah! I didnt have to wake to find mine waiting in my inbox. Gotta love grave shifts.

I have to agree with you Sky on the tickets. I was allocated for both SE and MTM, but have since been reconsidering going to one in favor of heading down and seeing some awesome natural sights on the West Coast instead for a week. I have till early October to debate this, but yes, things do change and a lot can happen in the world of Cons and tickets.
                I'm with you guys... I just don't know that I can swing the money... I think I will be turning down the MtM one... will start going back to school next fall, trying without student loans.. so with the rent and all, every penny is going to count...
                Still a few days left to make the final decisions though...
                sigpic
                awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

the one thing that makes them doable for me is....800ish now (for both and with the canadian/us exchange), another 800ish (hopefully a lot less) for air fare in 6-8 months, then hotel 11 months or so from now

a good chunk of change, but spread out over a year.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    the one thing that makes them doable for me is....800ish now (for both and with the canadian/us exchange), another 800ish (hopefully a lot less) for air fare in 6-8 months, then hotel 11 months or so from now

a good chunk of change, but spread out over a year.
                    You're wishing our dollar goes down

sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

That's Chelle heaven!
                      Almost!!!
                      Just one element missing...and unfortunately I can't ship him over there in my suitcase...but it's pretty close to heaven!!!

Ok...I need some tips of what I might need to pack...I bought a small travel hairdryer and on daughters insistence, I also bought a mini hair straightener...not that I use one...much! I have a huge suitcase that I shall be living out of for the almost 5 weeks I'm away and I've been looking for winter clothes but all the summer stock is out so no luck there...but I did get some new pj's. I have a jacket...do I need a hat? Arghhh...it's getting close to panic station time!
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

49 DAYS to go until AT4!!!!!

Days to go until The Sanctuary Experience!!!!!!!

Days to go until Meet the Man!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

You're wishing our dollar goes down

no

i'm paying for 2 tickets for each. so 1700 and change us vs 1900 and change CAD

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                            Almost!!!
                            Just one element missing...and unfortunately I can't ship him over there in my suitcase...but it's pretty close to heaven!!!

Ok...I need some tips of what I might need to pack...I bought a small travel hairdryer and on daughters insistence, I also bought a mini hair straightener...not that I use one...much! I have a huge suitcase that I shall be living out of for the almost 5 weeks I'm away and I've been looking for winter clothes but all the summer stock is out so no luck there...but I did get some new pj's. I have a jacket...do I need a hat? Arghhh...it's getting close to panic station time!
                            Don't forget your travel plug for your electrical appliances. The sockets are different here to Europe and Oz.

Tracy

Comment

and make sure your stuff can handle the voltage

In the US, our electricity is - commonly - 110 volts. In the UK, 220.

most newer electronics have transformers that can handle both 110 and 220. But some don't. So read the plugs/manuals on your electronics and make sure you won't fry your stuff by plugging it in.

If all your electronics can handle the voltage, all you need is a plug converter, less than 20 dollars at places like Walgreens or Walmart and possibly Target.

If your electronics don't handle the different voltages, then you need to buy a plug converter that also transforms the power level. These are more expensive. I think they run 40-60 dollars, but don't quote me on that.

Other places to check is office supply stores, Office Max, Office Depot, or Best Buy.

and failing that, there's always Amazon

So, to keep from frying your electronic toys, please read the specs etc.

sigpic

Comment

the great mumsey who is out singing...
                                Ya see!! I knew if I kept up the singing others would join!!

*Continues singing*

S'n'T
                                "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
                                Sara O' Neill's father;
                                COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Working...
                                X