GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by antoa View Post
    Neep and Cel - I suddenly find my days free again, so if you'd like a tour guide for a day or two while you are here, let me know
    We're definitely up for it!

When you get a chance, PM me your cell number and I'll give you a call once we check into our hotel on Wednesday.

Comment

[QUOTE=Celandine;12295505]It's a heat wave!

Seriously.

I'm leaving Tuesday evening. I have no clue where the storm is originating from. One report said it's coming from the south and another said from the north so I dunno. The map over my area is completely clear. I even saw the moon tonight while out with friends. Go figure. Regardless, I wasnt taking chances and picked up insurance to cover any delayed/canceled flights.

Well.....
      the blizzard warning is for tues. afternoon thru wed. afternoon. expecting excess of 12"in north central il. +excess of 18" over northeast and and east central il. then there will be lake effect snow on the il. side of the lake, but it usually doesn't go as far west as o'hare airport. if you fly out of Midway, they get lake effect i think. well, i wish you the best of luck and getting more travel ins. was probably a good idea. be sure to bring something to entertain yourself with at the airport. glad i don't leave till next week. this storm is coming from the pacific northwest and meeting up with a southerly jet stream going across the lower u.s. and then we get a lovely artic blast coming down from canada so that when we try to shovel , the snow will blow right back where it was and you'll freeze your bum off while attempting to clear a path to the car. but still, better than freezing rain. yes, some interesting weather on it's way. so glad i had help getting all my christmas decorations in this weekend. would have been much harder if we had waited.

but look at it this way, we're not being flooded out of our homes, no deadly mudslides, no earthquake, no volcano, and we are far north enough that we don't have to worry about the tornados that they are expecting in the south. there, now don't you feel better?

Comment

Neep and Cel - I suddenly find my days free again, so if you'd like a tour guide for a day or two while you are here, let me know
        Awesome! At some stage I want to get to Burbank to go here: http://www.unwindyarn.com/ Would you be keen?
        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

That's one of the reasons I got a direct flight from LA to London - only one airport to worry about the weather. i didn't want to risk getting stuck on the east coast. And I just prefer direct flights - hate take off and landing and there is always a bigger risk of losing your lugging if you have to change planes.

I am still trying to figure out what to do on Thursday... my 4th trip to London and I've hit all the major spots, so I need to find something else to see. I also don't know if I want to wander around the city by myself.
          Have you been to the Science Museum and Natural History Museums in Kensington? They are fabulous and you really don't have time to see everything even if you spent days there!

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
            Got it, feel...boobs...arse...wait, that didn't come out right.
            Oh, I know it is all relative, that's why your major weather concern may not be NYC but Heathrow. Any bit of snow and it's "shut 'er down".
            What have you been taking to ease the headache?

Take it easy in that white stuff...no injuries before the fun.

Anyone interested in some warmer weather?? We have a mini heatwave here - 2 days of 40C and the rest of the week is looking quite warm too...nothing below 30C...could send it over to the UK but Mother Nature isn't taking my calls...she's up north spinning another cyclone for Queensland.

Have fun everyone - travel safely - and post pics!!!!
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
              That's quite enough of that.
              Originally posted by Celandine View Post

What she said.

Doesn't work without the badge. p

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
              What have you been taking to ease the headache?

Take it easy in that white stuff...no injuries before the fun.

Anyone interested in some warmer weather?? We have a mini heatwave here - 2 days of 40C and the rest of the week is looking quite warm too...nothing below 30C...could send it over to the UK but Mother Nature isn't taking my calls...she's up north spinning another cyclone for Queensland.

Have fun everyone - travel safely - and post pics!!!!
              Just Tylenol!

Will have fun, will hopefully travel safely but will have to leave the pic posting to others.

Off to check the schedule!

BTW Julia, hope the shoulder is better. We will be gentle with our hugs.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                I have no clue where the storm is originating from. One report said it's coming from the south and another said from the north so I dunno.
                Is this an appropriate time to sing a chorus of "Blame Canada"?

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                  Awesome! At some stage I want to get to Burbank to go here: http://www.unwindyarn.com/ Would you be keen?
                  Sure. I know exactly where that is, driven by it several times. Rocket Fizz is also near there (a soda specialty shop that I luvs!)

Originally posted by babancat View Post
                  Have you been to the Science Museum and Natural History Museums in Kensington? They are fabulous and you really don't have time to see everything even if you spent days there!
                  I believe that's where we went when we kidnapped PengYn... Though we did only hit a portion of it. I am going to do a bit of research today and see if I can find a couple places to visit.

Comment

BTW Julia, hope the shoulder is better. We will be gentle with our hugs.
                    Ooh thanks.

Yeah I tend to forget shoulder-consequences when people hug me hard. I still can't lift it high and it causes me sleepless nights sometimes but it's a million times better than it was. Gentle hugs would be nice. Bear hugs might be a bit painful!

Julia
                    G4
                    To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trindajae View Post
                      I think so. They insist on sharing their arctic air.
                      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                      Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Trindajae View Post
                        Hey! LOL though. We can definitely laugh at ourselves so go ahead. I may even join in.

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                        Ooh thanks.

Yeah I tend to forget shoulder-consequences when people hug me hard. I still can't lift it high and it causes me sleepless nights sometimes but it's a million times better than it was. Gentle hugs would be nice. Bear hugs might be a bit painful!

Julia
                        G4
                        Will keep that in mind. Glad it is better though.

P.S. Better stay away from Titta!

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                        I think so. They insist on sharing their arctic air.
                        We are a very generous people! No need to thank us.

Saw the AT5 schedule. Sanctuary trivia should be fun. Good thing I am currently reviewing eps on DVD, might help.

I am also looking forward to hilights of AT1 and AT2. That was BC (before conventions) for me so it should be great fun to watch.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

CELANDINE doesn't look good. now they are saying 1-2 feet of snow tues. and wed. they are also predicting snow showers next week. hopefully not enough to shut the airport down. good luck to you.

Comment

Saw the AT5 schedule. Sanctuary trivia should be fun. Good thing I am currently reviewing eps on DVD, might help.

I am also looking forward to hilights of AT1 and AT2. That was BC (before conventions) for me so it should be great fun to watch.
                            i'd love to watch back episodes but i lent my dvd's to my hairdresser (a new convert).
                            the highlights should be fun. it was BC for me too.

Comment

Sure. I know exactly where that is, driven by it several times. Rocket Fizz is also near there (a soda specialty shop that I luvs!)
                              Soda specialty store? Like, fizzy drink? We have the (limited) coke range, (even more limited) pepsi range and a local one called foxton fizz. Hehe... how many can you have?

I believe that's where we went when we kidnapped PengYn... Though we did only hit a portion of it. I am going to do a bit of research today and see if I can find a couple places to visit.
                              Dinosaurs! Also, this round tray of blue/grey water used to show currents or something... if you spin it really fast then slow it down suddenly, it all ripples into each other and looks just like the event horizon of a worm hole (Just did that for 10 seconds or so, of course. We didn't do it over, and over, and over)

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                              Ooh thanks.

Julia
                              G4
                              Well, for most of AT4 Titta and I were proving to Becky that we could do gentle hugs. *pat pat* It can be done!
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

In 24 hours I will be well over the Tasman Sea in a big metal boat. In the air. That is still so weird.

My plane departs in 23 hours to the minute!
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X