GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
    Going by the list, I don't believe anyone will be at the Ren on the Wed night. That is, unless there is some peeps planning to go yet that haven't signed up. What we could do is meet you half-way if that might help. That way, you'd have less to travel by yourself.
    I know MoB will be there. I was just seeing if anyone else is so that we don't leave anyone behind - it would be easier to travel together.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
      I know MoB will be there. I was just seeing if anyone else is so that we don't leave anyone behind - it would be easier to travel together.
      Okay, cool. I knew she was staying there that night, but wasn't sure if she would be out sightseeing with her friends all day and going directly to the Walk afterward.

I wonder if Jenn's ears are burning now.

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
        EEEEEK! I lost my internet connection all day today. Only just got it back. Now I have to feed the brute (No.1 Son) and then its choir practice night - so the few of you yet to get your E tickets will need to be a little patient. I will try to get the rest of them done when I get home.

Sorry!

Kay G4
        Relax...take a deep breath...relax some more. You are not responsible for the ins/outs of the internet. And even if Neep wants to know where she is sitting, she will have to wait yes (keep your pants on!) and wait (unless you are trying to raise more money )!

Seriously...everything that needs to happen will happen....and if not, so be it. And remember, we can provide you with a group of roudy drunken WooHoos to protect you! (Just hide behind the stack of wine bottles)!
        sigpic

Comment

Rowdy, drunken WooHoos? What are you doing to our reputations Laurie???

We're all perfectly well behaved, sober individuals.........

Comment

Lots of activity on this thread now. Gee, you'd think the event is close or something.

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
            Very nice man. No wonder you don't drive your car if it sparks

I'm B17, right in front of you Or at least I would guess B comes before C, but I don't know for sure. I speak American English, not British English. They are not exactly the same I know.
            Glad you are to the outside as you are taller than me!

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
            That was me Also added Sarai, Cags, Josiane and Laurie
            Thanks.

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
            I'm in A 01 and Donna and Doris are in B 03 & B 04!! *bounce*

Could someone add us to chart please, I couldn't seem to find A thanks!

Julia(samcarterrules)
            A 01? How special are you? You're number 1!

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
            It will take a couple more days to get them all out. No. 1 son needs feeding occasionally! I am about half way through. Hang in there!

Kay G4
            LOL! I think you should take Neep's suggestion and just order pizza every once and a while because you could do that while still sending out e-mails!

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
            Yay, E14 next to PengYn and Antoa!! I think I added myself to the chart ... lol.
            Hehehe. I wonder how we managed that. Trouble
            Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
            *looks where EH-T is sitting*

Hehe ... far enough me thinks
            Hmmm... not sure how to take that. Is the sight line going to be good enough that you will be able to see the badge?

Originally posted by 2Shy View Post

*waits for EH-T and the badge*

Bumping the seating chart link
            http://bit.ly/gPToxT
            See above.

Hey, who amended my listing to add "and credit card"?

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
            Yay! for the good samaritan. If everyone could be nice to their fellow beings, it would be a much better world.

Yes, and while my car was gone, my neighbour used his snowblower to clear my driveway!

Good news is that it turns out it was only a punctured tire and everthing else is fine. Total cost of repair? $46.00. The charities at AT5 will no doubt be relieved.

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
            Was kinda hoping to be with the woohoos since we bought our tix at the same time. Looks like not them nor my CP peeps. Ah well. Guess I'll be making even more new friends? Keeping an eye on the inbox.
            Great way to meet new people!

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
            You don't have a phone, do you? This luddite thing is all a ruse to pick up the boys.

Er...men you mean. Yes, only problem is he was married.

Just got mine. N01. How are the sight lines in the room? I'm thinking being on the end is good for the camera? (I have a super-zoom on my DSLR and a good no-flash setting)
            Sight lines are very good. They stagger the chairs and AT is on a raised platform. We could always swap seats for a Q&A so you have a chance to be closer.
            Last edited by EH-T; 26 January 2011, 09:35 AM.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
              Rowdy, drunken WooHoos? What are you doing to our reputations Laurie???

We're all perfectly well behaved, sober individuals.........

Been drinking again have we!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae294/llperkiss/Little%20symbols%20and%20people/00020148.gif

Been drinking again have we!
                You know perfickly well that I haven't had a drink since New Year's Eve......... well except for that one on a certain Power Director's birthday

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  Lots of activity on this thread now. Gee, you'd think the event is close or something.
                  Do you think!

LOL! I think you should take Neep's suggestion and just order pizza every once and a while because you could do that while still sending out e-mails!
                  with chocolate on the side!

Hey, who amended my listing to add "and credit card"?
                  Hmmm, and this is a problem or something.

Er...men you mean. Yes, only problem is he was married.
                  Very good....you found that out quick enough!

Sorry, couldn't resist...and remember, I am sitting behind you (and over a seat or two) but within reach!
                  sigpic

Comment

@ antoa Give yourself 10 minutes for the bus (just to be on the safe side). Heathrow to Tower Hill - probably looking at a good 45 minutes give or take. It's 40 minutes from my house to Heathrow and I live near Kings Cross so it's a safe bet it that'll be about the same or perhaps a slightly longer journey
                    sigpic

Comment

just did a quick check using the journey planner on the tube site and heathrow to tower hill is from 1hr 07 min. to 1hr 15 min. the heathrow express costs more, but takes about 15 min.to paddington then you could take the tube the rest of the way and it takes 33-37min. that's assuming you are not handicapped which takes longer and you can't use heathrow express if you have a scooter. can you tell i've been busy doing research of all the picky little details that will prevent me being stranded whilst traveling? i'm going cross-eyed staring at this computer screen. think i'll go outside and chop some ice or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                        Julia! I'm in B5...hope Donna and Doris brace themselves for our combined over excitement
                        I've kept it a secret in case we scare them, so shhhh! I can't wait! Was awesome when I saw we were sitting together!

I was going to take my Cocktail part dress to the dry cleaners this Saturday, but now I've got to go to an all day meetingy thing....bah.
                        Aww, that sucks! Will you get another time to do it? I still need to finish making my costume for the abbey ball, hehe I better hurry.

There is?? Oh I never would have known...

A 01? How special are you? You're number 1!
                        Its the awesomeness of my wheels, you see they like to check out Amanda's shoe's as she takes her seat. *giggles*

Julia(samcarterrules)
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Sweet. Thanks guys. Maybe we should amend our meet up time to 4:15, Sound good Jenn? I land at 1:30, so i should be at the hotel by 3 at the latest (I believe this was about when I arrive the last two times I took the same flight). I just need a quick shower and change

Comment

Question for those going on the JtR Walk? Who will be at the Ren? We figure a meet up at the lobby about 4:30-4:45 ish to catch the bus and the tube. I don't remember exactly how long of a bus and tube ride it is (any help Londoners?)

P.S. I will be fresh off the plane, so I have no idea what my mood will be, but it should be fun!
                            Me! I will bring you some fresh caffeine. Add a little beer + snark and you have the perfect JtR walk blend.

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                            Okay, cool. I knew she was staying there that night, but wasn't sure if she would be out sightseeing with her friends all day and going directly to the Walk afterward.

I wonder if Jenn's ears are burning now.
                            So this is why I couldn't sleep today? *sigh* You realize I have 2 more nights of the dread 4 left... I'll be sight-seeing with the BSG gals on Thursday. Flying in Weds morning and very much looking forward to walking in the rippers footsteps.

Sight lines are very good. They stagger the chairs and AT is on a raised platform. We could always swap seats for a Q&A so you have a chance to be closer.
                            Oh, that is so sweet of you. I'm sure it will all be good. I mean, in spite of the online people I've 'met' I suppose EVERYONE at AT5 is a new friend for me. Except for Siri who I know from having the BSG girls to NYC in 2008.
                            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Sweet. Thanks guys. Maybe we should amend our meet up time to 4:15, Sound good Jenn? I land at 1:30, so i should be at the hotel by 3 at the latest (I believe this was about when I arrive the last two times I took the same flight). I just need a quick shower and change
                              Works for me. We'll have to trade #'s at some point. I'm arriving at 7:50am since Virgin cancelled my original flight which would have gotten me there around 11.
                              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Works for me. We'll have to trade #'s at some point. I'm arriving at 7:50am since Virgin cancelled my original flight which would have gotten me there around 11.
                                Dude. Suck. At least your flight is half the time as mine. I will be stuck in a tin can for 10 hours (over 11 on the way home)! I much prefer direct flights though.

13 days and 6 hours until I will be on the plane!

Comment

Working...
                                X