Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
    Eh-T nearly said a bad word!!!

I was just remembering the other day... remember on the tube in London when I was showing some of you how it was possible to tie a bow in someone's intestines without making an incision and I demonstrated with my shoe lace? I miss London.

*edit* I was telling my mum about it and she said, "are you sure these girls are still your friends?"
    But of course we are - each talented in our own way *smiles sweetly*
    Fun times were definitely had in London! LOL
    Also, I have discovered that 'bad' words are highly dependant on the context and/or culture in which you happen to be immersed at the time of utterance. For example, words that are completely innocuous over here in Canada are very naughty over in England. Yes, I would be speaking from personal experience. Just ask samcarterrules, who almost ran off the pavement when I told one of my 'whoops' vocabulary stories while returning from dinner during AT4... (Luckily I hit the punchline of the anecdote *after* we had finished crossing the road, else we might have had some serious safety issues there!)

Originally posted by halfbloodme View Post
    It's funny how somedays at work the only thing that gets me through is the thought of coming home and planning AT5. Which is kinda insane considering it's not til next year and I have Chevron to get through first. But AT5 is definitely top of my priority list. Hmmm since when did I start living AT to AT event?
    Don't worry, it's actually a fairly common trend
    Many of us find ourselves doing that ... or maybe it's just you and me - but either way, you're not alone! LOL

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
    Oh dear, please don't do that....I've resorted to writing out an itinerary to have on my desk in my study, which tells me which task needs to be done by which date and what needs to be shipped out to Vangroovy by what date etc.

With two Event programmes currently under assembly by moi, which have to then get to my lovely designer to put together then printed; the SE schedule rubix cube still rattling around inside my head and nearly there but not quite, the catering at the hotel for both events to finalise etc etc etc, the old clock is ticking...and most of my work has to be done late at night (or should that be very early in the morning) due to the time differences so I can talk to Canada in real time.... trust me..at the moment I tend to dream about nothing but Events.......

And that's just me!

And we're travelling out a lot earlier than any attendees....so I wish I really did have 51 days.......

Ooh er...

What am I thinking, strolling onto Gateworld....no time for such things.

Byee...

Julia
    G4
    Julia, we love you!!!! The rest of the G4 and GABIT staff as well, of course... *huge hugs all around*
    *quietly passes over a fresh pot of tea -- I would have shared the wine instead, but it being the early morning over there rightabout nowish, tea seems somewhat more appropriate!*
    ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
    ames on facebook
    ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

[QUOTE=rderoch;11587673]
      Originally posted by EH-T View Post

Good thing they weren't at the play in Toronto. We all had great fun shouting the "C" word repeatedly. It replaced "cheese" as what we said for photos.
      Crap?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
        Many of us find ourselves doing that ... or maybe it's just you and me - but either way, you're not alone! LOL
        Good to know Ames honey. Seriously after today I need something good to look forward to... school trip up a huge and steep hillside (not quite a mountain but close) in the rain, with 21 kids. Yeah today bit big style. I was meant to go up again with the 23 kids this afternoon but my knee locked up (damn arthritis ) and so one of my colleagues went up instead whilst I stayed with the first group going along the river.
        sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone,

Long time no post! I missed you all so much *hugs thread* Here's why in spoiler for those who don't want to read.

Spoiler:
          I was very busy with college and exams but all the hard work must have paid off because I got an A! college is out now for the summer and I'm back to play on here.

So what have I missed? Any important information about AT5? Although I know AT5 must be the furthest thing from the G4's minds at the moment, so I'm not to worried.

Originally posted by ames View Post
          But of course we are - each talented in our own way *smiles sweetly*
          Fun times were definitely had in London! LOL
          Also, I have discovered that 'bad' words are highly dependant on the context and/or culture in which you happen to be immersed at the time of utterance. For example, words that are completely innocuous over here in Canada are very naughty over in England. Yes, I would be speaking from personal experience. Just ask samcarterrules, who almost ran off the pavement when I told one of my 'whoops' vocabulary stories while returning from dinner during AT4... (Luckily I hit the punchline of the anecdote *after* we had finished crossing the road, else we might have had some serious safety issues there!)

I thought I felt my ears burning LOL, that was so funny I literally laughed until I cried, I don't even remember what you said now LOL.

Yes, I find myself doing that too, glad I'm not alone LOL.

Julia(samcarterrules)
          sigpic
          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Congrats Julia

Comment

Welcome back here Julia

No news on AT5. There's an attendee list somewhere, but I think you're already on it.

Neep ... I definitely remember you telling that story. That was the very first night ... I thought you were an odd girl But ... we're still friends, lol.

Julia H and the rest of G4 ... good luck with the 2 upcoming events!! You can do it!!!

*cheerleads*
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by halfbloodme View Post
                Good to know Ames honey. Seriously after today I need something good to look forward to... school trip up a huge and steep hillside (not quite a mountain but close) in the rain, with 21 kids. Yeah today bit big style. I was meant to go up again with the 23 kids this afternoon but my knee locked up (damn arthritis ) and so one of my colleagues went up instead whilst I stayed with the first group going along the river.
                Yay for fieldtrips!
                Definite less yay for knee locking

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                Hi everyone,
                Long time no post! I missed you all so much *hugs thread* Here's why in spoiler for those who don't want to read.
                Spoiler:
                I was very busy with college and exams but all the hard work must have paid off because I got an A! college is out now for the summer and I'm back to play on here.

So what have I missed? Any important information about AT5? Although I know AT5 must be the furthest thing from the G4's minds at the moment, so I'm not to worried.

I thought I felt my ears burning LOL, that was so funny I literally laughed until I cried, I don't even remember what you said now LOL.

Yes, I find myself doing that too, glad I'm not alone LOL.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                Congrats on the excellent results Julia!
                I would retell the story here, but then Sky would likely appear and threaten to use her noodle on me for using inappropriate language on the thread

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                Welcome back here Julia

No news on AT5. There's an attendee list somewhere, but I think you're already on it.

Neep ... I definitely remember you telling that story. That was the very first night ... I thought you were an odd girl But ... we're still friends, lol.

Julia H and the rest of G4 ... good luck with the 2 upcoming events!! You can do it!!!

*cheerleads*
                *joins in cheering-on, complete with infectious happy dancing*
                ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                ames on facebook
                ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Yay!
                  WTG Julia!

Congrats angel, knew you could do it.
                  No news...we're still waiting for the little nubbin to arrive...I believe we have about 5 weeks to go. Other than that, we're all plodding along as normal...except maybe the G4 whom I would assume are running ragged at this stage.
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Thanks guys!

* joins in cheering on the G4*

Julia(samcarterrules)
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Well done Julia!!!

Just had an exam today. On the way to the train station I noticed the battery on my watch was dead. On the train the ink in my favourite pen ran out (I'm the kind of person who walks into an exam with 6 pens... but my favourite!). Then 5 minutes into the exam a wave of nausea and pain hit...

(spoilered for too much info)

Spoiler:
                      I was told the first period after surgery would be awful, but yow! So hard to focus.

I think I did very well in the exam though. So there's that.

*edit* Even after the head examiner said they weren't allowed to give me medication, my examiners slipped me some panadol (tylenol) for the pain.
                      Last edited by NZNeep; 09 June 2010, 11:59 PM.
                      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Well done Julia. Fingers crossed for your results Neep.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Must be exam time all over the world. Daughter has just finished her mid year exams & GAT...now we wait for the real drama to start in October when the BIG exams start.
                          Good luck to all those taking their exams.
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Yay, Julia!!! Congrats honey!

sigpic
                            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

so thankful that i don't have to worry about exams anymore. the only tests i have are blood tests and i never have to study for those. good luck to all test takers.

oh, look! i'm a staff sergearnt now. whoohoo, promotion.
                              Last edited by lame moose (mocha); 11 June 2010, 08:48 PM. Reason: added content

Comment

where did everybody go?

Comment

Working...
                                X