GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    Oh I agree with your logic, I'm just not good at putting 'logic' and 'Martin' in the same sentence
    But you can put words like "attractive" and "hot" in the same same sentence as Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
      But you can put words like "attractive" and "hot" in the same same sentence as Martin.
      'Can' and usually 'do'

Comment

Love how we aren't even at AT5 yet and speculation abounds regarding TSE2 and AT6. Hugs to the Gabit folk who must have lives in and around organising our social activities.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          Love how we aren't even at AT5 yet and speculation abounds regarding TSE2 and AT6. Hugs to the Gabit folk who must have lives in and around organising our social activities.
          They do?? Oh but......... oh

Comment

They do?? Oh but......... oh
            What's wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              2113???? wow, that's one heck of a delay
              Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
              Oh good, lots of time to save then
              My thoughts exactly Neep - more time to save. IIRC, the past AT events have been at intervals at around 18 months - AT5 is a wee bit sooner than I expected it to be. So assuming they try to get back on track and give us some grace to save, AT6...if it happens 18 months after AT5...would happen around August 2012 but then the Gabit team would have to figure in TSE which IIRC occurs around that time and also the shooting schedule so if they bring it back to say November 2012 or either early or mid 2013, that would be cool. But again, it all comes down to when the Gabit team can do it and when Amanda is available.
              If AT6 goes ahead in 2012, I'll save for TSE for 2014...maybe 2013 if I'm extra frugal...which I'm not - d'oh!
              I was thinking the same thing, that SE and AT events will probably have to alternate
              That would be helpful!
              Originally posted by EH-T View Post
              It's kinda fun plotting and planning future events when the closest event is already out of ones hands. Besides, having goals to aim for is fun too.
              Just staying rather optimistic is all. I have faith in the Gabit team and their ability to pull off many more future AT/TSE events.
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                My thoughts exactly Neep - more time to save. IIRC, the past AT events have been at intervals at around 18 months - AT5 is a wee bit sooner than I expected it to be. So assuming they try to get back on track and give us some grace to save, AT6...if it happens 18 months after AT5...would happen around August 2012 but then the Gabit team would have to figure in TSE which IIRC occurs around that time and also the shooting schedule so if they bring it back to say November 2012 or either early or mid 2013, that would be cool. But again, it all comes down to when the Gabit team can do it and when Amanda is available.
                If AT6 goes ahead in 2012, I'll save for TSE for 2014...maybe 2013 if I'm extra frugal...which I'm not - d'oh!

That would be helpful!

It's kinda fun plotting and planning future events when the closest event is already out of ones hands. Besides, having goals to aim for is fun too.
                Just staying rather optimistic is all. I have faith in the Gabit team and their ability to pull off many more future AT/TSE events.
                Yo, I sooooooo hope it's 2012, because 2013 seems like so far away, yo. Gabit works so hard to for the fans and Amanda, and we should be thankful for when ever it happens. If it is an 2012, and IF a TSE is in that same year, my goal will be to make it to CC, Gabit and TSE in the same year.

Comment

Sounds like it would be a great betting pool to get together.

I'd have to guess at summer of 2012 for TSE2 (if it happens at all) and perhaps spring of 2014 for AT6.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                    Sounds like it would be a great betting pool to get together.

I'd have to guess at summer of 2012 for TSE2 (if it happens at all) and perhaps spring of 2014 for AT6.
                    - that'd put 3 years between AT5 and AT6

I understand the math, but ...still!
                    Guess we'll just have to wait and see *bounces in anticipation*
                    Last edited by ames; 05 January 2011, 05:03 PM.
                    ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                    ames on facebook
                    ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                      - that'd put 3 years between AT5 and AT6
                      But it's not without a dry Gabit period! There is TSE2 in between. My guess is based on shooting schedules and the fact that the G4 have a life outside of running conventions.

Comment

I'm not a betting person on most days but if I had to guess I would say AT6 late 2012....as for TSE I have no idea but would imagine it might be an annual thing.
                        Only worry about AT events held late or early in the year is the weather. It'd be sad if flight delays kept folks away - let alone the guest herself.
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

got a little nervous the last few days, the person who stays with my mother and dog when i travel wasn't sure she could do it, but found out today that she will definitely stay with mom + dog. what a relief. don't think i could hold out till at6. AND...she will be staying with them long enough for me to go to wales, scotland and ireland and stay around for the viking festival in york! SO EXCITED!!!! tomorrow i make all reservations. any last minute suggestions of "should not miss castles/abbeys/ruins" in ireland? 34 days till take off. i leave here wed. arrive there thurs. that should make me go into full jet-lag condition just in time for the cocktail party.

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                            got a little nervous the last few days, the person who stays with my mother and dog when i travel wasn't sure she could do it, but found out today that she will definitely stay with mom + dog. what a relief. don't think i could hold out till at6. AND...she will be staying with them long enough for me to go to wales, scotland and ireland and stay around for the viking festival in york! SO EXCITED!!!! tomorrow i make all reservations. any last minute suggestions of "should not miss castles/abbeys/ruins" in ireland? 34 days till take off. i leave here wed. arrive there thurs. that should make me go into full jet-lag condition just in time for the cocktail party.
                            Woohoo! Glad you got everything sorted.

My friend keeps telling me to get to Blarney Castle in Ireland. I may, but not sure I really want to kiss the stone. Don't think the gift of gab is worth whatever nasties might be living on said stone in the form of people's spit and smeared lipstick...no matter how much antibiotic gel used afterward. P

I understand the anxiety with unexpected bumps in the road, too. I got called for jury duty with my reporting in on a day when I'll definitely be overseas. So now, I have to take in a print out of my flights to the County courthouse to prove this fact and get a deferment to a latter date so I'm not fined or thrown in jail. More chasing. Just what I needed now.

35 days!
                            I leave in 25 days...Hee!

Comment

i'm hoping to see blarney castle, but not kissing that stone. have lots of castles/abbeys/ruins lined up on my must see list. (if you do kiss the blarney stone, put the gel on your lips before kissing it)
                              it seems like there are always "emergency" things that happen just before a trip. and like i told someone else, it seems like time is both dragging and flying at the same time. know what i mean? you're so anxious to go that it seems time slows down, but then it seems to speed up because there is so much you have to get done before you leave. paradox. hey, be sure to introduce yourself since we're practically neighbors. i'm in the red 3 wheel scooter - should be easy to spot me.

Comment

When I went to Blarney castle and 'Kissed the Stone' I didn't actually make contact with it. You have to lie on your back and hang upside down over the edge of the top of the castle and bend back and 'kiss it' while they take a picture to sell it to you.

If you guys are interested, here are the pictures from the 2 trips I did to Ireland

http://amandaraesmith.com/gallery/ireland - Summer 2004 - this one has captions

http://amandaraesmith.com/gallery/ireland2008 - Spring 2008 - this one is mostly Dublin (the first 18 pages), Galway, Inis Mor (Biggest of the Aran Island and my favorite), a few of Shannon, Limerick and of course, the Cliffs of Moher.

Comment

Working...
                                X