GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
    Whereas I am old enough to be granny to a lot of you, I don't see real grandchildren in my future I have two kids, one's a career-woman and the other refuses to leave home! (Made him too comfortable!)

Never mind. As I said not so long ago in a posting. I have 'kids' all over the world - that'll do me.

Mumsey
    Aw *hugs* I'm lucky, I have six grandchildren. Youngest is 4, oldest is 15! They're a blessing and a curse, depending on which side of the bed they got out of

Edit: Chelle I'm sure if you nurture it, that little seed with grow into a big strong tree long before AT5
    Last edited by Jumble; 18 December 2009, 01:01 AM.

Comment

I will likely never have kids...so i have fun spoiling the niece rotten

I think we have a lot of aunties and sisters in this thread, with a few uncles and brothers tossed in for good measure
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I got the coolest present for one of my nephews (he keeps borrowing my Firefly dvds so I got him Dr Horrible's Sing-Along Blog). Now I have to come up with awesome stuff for the rest of them. Some of you saw the big teddy bear I got my youngest niece... now what about the other 4?

Home by the way About to crawl into my own bed. Yay!
        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
          Hey Everyone,

Long time no post, Sorry I haven't been posting, as some of you already know I've been in a panto we have 4 more performances left to do. Every time I'm about to go on stage I think of the wonderful weekend(s) I've had with 'the GABIT family' the confidence that I've gained from all of the experiences, the love from every attendee, stewards and staff who for once in my life help me feel excepted, to the wonderful Amanda Tapping and fabulous G4 who show me time and time again that we can reach our dreams even if they seem unreachable!

So its thanks to the GABIT family that I step out on stage tonight I would never have done it without you.

*HUGS* I miss you all.

Julia(samcarterrules)
          Awww Julia!!! *tackle hugs*

I miss you too.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          I will likely never have kids...so i have fun spoiling the niece rotten

I think we have a lot of aunties and sisters in this thread, with a few uncles and brothers tossed in for good measure
          I swither between never having kids and adopting some one day, so it could go either way. At the moment I just get to be a geeky influence on some of the teenagers in my local area and that's exhausting enough!

I like sisters (well except Aunty Eh-T and Mumsey...you'll always be Aunty Eh-T and Mumsey) but irresponsible wacky older sisters and off the wall younger sisters works.

And a few brothers in the mix too
          sigpic
          Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
          My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
            I got the coolest present for one of my nephews (he keeps borrowing my Firefly dvds so I got him Dr Horrible's Sing-Along Blog). Now I have to come up with awesome stuff for the rest of them. Some of you saw the big teddy bear I got my youngest niece... now what about the other 4?
            Welcome home Neep!!!

I got my nephew a Smurf in Melbourne as I couldn't find them in Holland and found more at the toy shop this afternoon...plus Smurf houses...see, told ya you could get everything in Australia...except for peanut butter M&M's!
            And I got the B1tch today...one bottle of Bubbly for you and me, and 3 bottles of Granache for me...Yay!!!
            I totally blame Amanda for the
            Spoiler:
            B1tch
            ...which the bottle shop owner is very proud to now have in stock in his store!!
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
              That's just so not fair Everyone else gets to be sisters, mums and aunties, yet I'm generally referred to as everybody's Granny I woodn't mind, but I'm actually not quite old enough to be everybody's Granny
              Granny Jumble! Has a nice ring to it!

Glad to hear you are home safe. Your mother must be relieved!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

Glad to hear you are home safe. Your mother must be relieved!
                She is! You should have seen how happy she was when I admitted that for the last few days I really wanted to be home. She is scared I will have loved it so much I move to foreign forever.

Talked to lots of strangers on the way back- a giant teddy bear is a fantastic conversation started.
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

She is! You should have seen how happy she was when I admitted that for the last few days I really wanted to be home. She is scared I will have loved it so much I move to foreign forever.

Talked to lots of strangers on the way back- a giant teddy bear is a fantastic conversation started.
                  I remember all too well that feeling of just wanting to be home...but for me it was more the last week and a bit that had me wanting to board the next plane to Australia.
                  I noticed you stopping to chat to the guard just before you walked through those doors...yes I waited til you were through the doors and gone...not that I was eager to see the back of you but just because I needed to know you were through safe and sound.
                  So...now we wait for the date of AT5 to be set and start another countdown all over again. I bought a ticket for the lottery in January...31 million...I never buy big lottery tickets...that's usually hubby's department but when the woman asked if I wanted to buy a ticket for the BIG one I immediately had flashbacks to AT4...how could I not at the very least try to get back??
                  Oh well...here's hoping!!
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

While I love to travel, there really is no place like home.

Funny, I've never needed a giant teddy bear to start conversations with strangers.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                      While I love to travel, there really is no place like home.

Funny, I've never needed a giant teddy bear to start conversations with strangers.
                      Maybe the ability to chat with pretty much anyone is a Cdn trait? Hmmm.... LOL

Hope you're having a blast Julia, welcome home Neep, keep on watering Chelle and ... with all these sisters/brothers/Mumsey/Aunties/etc ... I wonder where I fit into the familial mix The bouncy blue sis? Crazy Cdn cuz? Auntie ames? *ponders*

So today this commercial comes on for something (telly was muted) and there's a guy doing practice parachute jumps. Immediately I can hear Amanda's voice relating her parachute story in my head -- and I started giggling and getting weepy (b/c I'm missing everyone) at the same time! Dang hormones *quirks eyebrow* Sigh... I've been having that rollercoaster reaction to lots of stuff recently - like going through the con photos are making me smile at all the memories, but also making me so nostalgic and sad ... it's like having a mini-bout of the post-con blues all over again.

*initiates much-needed group hugs*
                      Last edited by ames; 18 December 2009, 09:05 PM. Reason: ames is apparently too tired to spell correctly atm...
                      ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                      ames on facebook
                      ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Great to here you're home safe Neep, truly there is no place like home. Though you have to admit foreign is a pretty cool place to

And Ames, I still get the same way, whenever I see a photo or read a new con report...
                        I try to blame it on hormones too, but there's only so many times that's gonna fly But yeah, the post-con blues is very different that I thought it would be, but when ever it comes I think really hard on AT5 and things look a little brighter again

*jumps on top of the pile of group hug*

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post

So today this commercial comes on for something (telly was muted) and there's a guy doing practice parachute jumps. Immediately I can hear Amanda's voice relating her parachute story in my head -- and I started giggling and getting weepy (b/c I'm missing everyone) at the same time! Dang hormones *quirks eyebrow* Sigh... I've been having that rollercoaster reaction to lots of stuff recently - like going through the con photos are making me smile at all the memories, but also making me so nostalgic and sad ... it's like having a mini-bout of the post-con blues all over again.

I like to talk to strangers, but usually it freaks people out. I do occasionally get to have delightful conversations on public transport and there is an over representation of Canadians in the sample (and I am always surprised to find Canadians...I always think of my home town as one of those places people come from, not move to).

*hugs*
                          sigpic
                          My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Eh-T, the funny thing is that my mum is famous for talking to strangers. We were always embarrassed by it as kids, but I have picked up the trait

Hehe, everyone keeps saying it's great I have made it in one piece, or safely. This is lovely, but it makes me wonder what people were expecting. Did everyone have Neep-in-a-plane-crash or Neep-gets-busted-for-drugs fantasies? On the entry card for NZ we have to list every country we have been to for the last 30 days. The bio security guy said "The Netherlands? Did you visit Amsterdam?" When I said yes, he *looked* at me then spotted the huge teddy bear I was carrying and got excited about him instead. All drug smugglers should carry adorable soft toys.
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Eh-T, the funny thing is that my mum is famous for talking to strangers. We were always embarrassed by it as kids, but I have picked up the trait

Hehe, everyone keeps saying it's great I have made it in one piece, or safely. This is lovely, but it makes me wonder what people were expecting. Did everyone have Neep-in-a-plane-crash or Neep-gets-busted-for-drugs fantasies? On the entry card for NZ we have to list every country we have been to for the last 30 days. The bio security guy said "The Netherlands? Did you visit Amsterdam?" When I said yes, he *looked* at me then spotted the huge teddy bear I was carrying and got excited about him instead. All drug smugglers should carry adorable soft toys.
                              Or kidnap....I know I wanted to keep you!

(and everybody else, but only you Ames and Cel were practical choices for kidnap and they both visit before AT4 rather than after )
                              sigpic
                              My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post

Hope you're having a blast Julia, welcome home Neep, keep on watering Chelle and ... with all these sisters/brothers/Mumsey/Aunties/etc ... I wonder where I fit into the familial mix The bouncy blue sis? Crazy Cdn cuz? Auntie ames? *ponders*

Canadians just chat when there are people around, whether anyone is listening or not. If they tried to hold all that friendliness in, they'd explode!

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                                I like to talk to strangers, but usually it freaks people out. I do occasionally get to have delightful conversations on public transport and there is an over representation of Canadians in the sample (and I am always surprised to find Canadians...I always think of my home town as one of those places people come from, not move to).

*hugs*
                                My whole family usually chats with people wherever we are. We've probably freaked out a few folks. Though a lot of folks chat right back and we'll have full conversations.

I think teddy bears have long been a favorite place to hide smuggled goods. I'm just glad they didn't examine teddy. It usually involves removal of stuffing. Doesn't make for happy teddies.
                                Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                                William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                                Anon

Comment

Working...
                                X