Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol
    sorry

i'll just say, in 2007, my friend and i went sight seeing and all we needed was a slicker and an umbrella that we occasionally used

we were in and out so much (the tubes, busses and tourist attractions) that it wasn't horrible
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hi gang!

My PC is broken = arrrggghhhh!!!

Intermittent posts til it's up and running.

Best to all

S'n'T
      "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
      Sara O' Neill's father;
      COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        don't worry about the showers

last time i was in london at this time of year, the rain moved in in the afternoon/evening, showered all night, over by morning,t he morning and early afternoon were fine, then the clouds moved back in for the afternoon

and 'rain' really means heavy sprinkles, etc. not gully washers
        Oh I'm not worried about the showers. I've been here over a week now and I've walked through many a shower or downpour thus far. Let's just say my rain parka has been thoroughly used, and my travels are yet to be over. Unless the weather report says brilliant sunshine for the entirety of the day, I usually bring it along for those 'just in case' moments.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          don't worry about the showers

last time i was in london at this time of year, the rain moved in in the afternoon/evening, showered all night, over by morning,t he morning and early afternoon were fine, then the clouds moved back in for the afternoon

and 'rain' really means heavy sprinkles, etc. not gully washers
          That term made me smile. Must be a local expression, eh?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
            That term made me smile. Must be a local expression, eh?
            LOL

I was wondering if anyone would recognize "gulley washer". I grew up about 500 miles west of Sky and we had some real gulley washers on the high plains. I think maybe it is a US Great Plains expression. Maybe it goes up into the Canadian prairies too?

I second the vote on how beautiful prarie sunsets are. You can see them for 360 degrees and they are so many brilliant colors.

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
              LOL

I was wondering if anyone would recognize "gulley washer". I grew up about 500 miles west of Sky and we had some real gulley washers on the high plains. I think maybe it is a US Great Plains expression. Maybe it goes up into the Canadian prairies too?

I second the vote on how beautiful prarie sunsets are. You can see them for 360 degrees and they are so many brilliant colors.
              I don't think it is used in Canada. I smiled not because I recognised it but because it's funny. Not one I'm familiar with but then I live in a city on the prairies so maybe it is used in the country but not by the folks I know.

Comment

gully washer = lots of rain, very fast, it rises fast and 'washes out the gullies'

ie: flash floods

A gully washer storm is when it rains so hard the streets temporarily flood cause it's coming down faster than it can drain away
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I was just on the Gabit website and someone there unfortunately has had to cancel their trip and has an AT4 ticket and a cocktail party ticket available. If anyone knows anyone who is looking for same check out the AT4 Chat thread.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                    I was just on the Gabit website and someone there unfortunately has had to cancel their trip and has an AT4 ticket and a cocktail party ticket available. If anyone knows anyone who is looking for same check out the AT4 Chat thread.
                    The cocktail party portion of the ticket is in the process of being offered to the next peeps on the CP waiting list.

Julia
                    G4
                    To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

A quick message from Chelle, Lies and Cel....we are here in London and have enjoyed a lovely dinner at an English pub....somewhere near Earls Court! We're off tomorrow morning bright and early to see Stonehenge...really early!!!! Can't wait to see everyone in the next few days!!
                      To those going on the Ripper tour....see you on Wednesday night!! It's not too chilly here either.
                      So....who's excited????
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                        A quick message from Chelle, Lies and Cel....we are here in London and have enjoyed a lovely dinner at an English pub....somewhere near Earls Court! We're off tomorrow morning bright and early to see Stonehenge...really early!!!! Can't wait to see everyone in the next few days!!
                        To those going on the Ripper tour....see you on Wednesday night!! It's not too chilly here either.
                        So....who's excited????
                        You're going from London to Stonehenge?? You'll practically pass my house!!! Give me a wave as you pass Farnham on the M3

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                          So....who's excited????
                          Me!!!

*hugs everyone* I'm a little overexcited

Think I might need to go to bed soon, EARLY day tomorrow. Must have been Cel's idea

Oh ... and I hope there will be chocolate left before AT4 .. those caramel koala's are YUMMY!
                          sigpic

Comment

I have survived con 1 of 3! It was a blast. Met some wickedly awesome new people and got to see some wonderful friends from previous years.

I have today, tomorrow and Wednesday morning to pack! Eep! Can't wait to see you all!

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                              Me!!!

*hugs everyone* I'm a little overexcited

Think I might need to go to bed soon, EARLY day tomorrow. Must have been Cel's idea

Oh ... and I hope there will be chocolate left before AT4 .. those caramel koala's are YUMMY!
                              Me too!!

It was indeed a fun night and though I didnt tell you Chelle, when you opened the door I could of swore either I had the wrong room or a teenager had joined you and Lies on your travels.

Oh, I dunno if it was my idea entirely. I could of swore I heard no objections when we were plotting this all out weeks ago. I think just adding in all the 'extra' stuff makes it seem so early. You know, tube/bus times. Anyways, I have to get up way early than you with my 20 min walk to your hotel lol.

The carmel koala's are nom too. You'll all love them for sure.

Comment

Ok, running out the door now- I'm off to foreign!

See y'all very soon!
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X