GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
    Just throwing this out for any that might need it. I found it very helpful last year getting from the airport to the Ren myself.
    Hopper Bus
    If your able to drag/carry your luggage a short distance, make you way completely out of the airport and to the Central Bus Station. It's really quite close and if in doubt as to where it's at, just ask anyone and they can point it out. I had to do this last year. Once there, you can board any of the 'free' buses that pass the Ren (105,111,140.285,555,556,557) and save yourself the 4 pounds that they charge for the Hotel Hoppa. They're fairly regular too (I think every 15/20 min or so).
    Thank you!!!
    Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
    Hahahaha! *does wheel spins* hopefully I'll have my new wheelchair before I leave for London...the all-terrain model! Hehehe!
    Julia(samcarterrules)
    See!!! Told ya!! We so need to pimp her ride!!!
    Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
    Cause I'm still on summerholiday, hubby and I spend today cleaning our house and mostly throwing out junk. Chelle, you're maybe happy to know the room you'll be staying in is now all ready for you It had piles and piles of fanfic I collected over the years, I sorted it all and put it in binders. So you can still have your fanfic fix, I'm sure there'll be something in there you haven't read before
    I adore fanfic...what a cool room to have so much fanfic!!! Yay!! Totally can't wait to get on that plane. Thank you Lies...can't wait to get to your place...gonna be awesome fun!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Azeleen View Post

And here's to those who need to use the Underground Tube or anything like that, if you're unfamiliar with the system. Trindajae put it today on Gabit's board:

Please check this journey planner ^^ . You may put "The Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel" as a "place of interest" and it will give you possibilities and lines of buses you may use .
      http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/use...T2?language=en
      Thank you for both. I'll pour over the links later on when I find a moment of free time without distractions. They both seem excellent!

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
      Thank you!!!
      Well, if I'm not mistaken Chelle, we'll both be arriving at the Ren together so the odds of us getting lost are pretty slim. Especially for me, as its a case of 'been there, done that, have the t-shirt.'

Comment

42 DAYS to go until AT4!!!!!

Days to go until The Sanctuary Experience!!!!!!!

Days to go until Meet the Man!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

How is everyone doing, so close to the date? *grins*
          I will be arriving on the Friday morning at 10.30 at Saint Pancras. How about you all?

Comment

I get in on Thursday afternoon at about 1:30 at Heathrow and I leave the following Thursday at about 11am.

Comment

I will be arriving in London - oh wait... already here
              sigpic

Comment

I will be leaving on Monday at check out (noon), but I only leave London around 5PM. I wanna spend some time in the city... Maybe hang around with other attendees just a little while longer (depends on how would "still" want to hang around with me after that crazy weekend LOL) ^^

Comment

I'll be arriving some time Friday afternoon and leaving sometime on Monday...

I *really* need to buy my bus ticket...booking the time off work might be a good idea as well.
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                  My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

I'm leaving November 4th and arriving around noon on the 5th.

So ready to go

Comment

*finally finishes catching up*

Man, I've missed y'all!!! *bouncy hugs all round*

Mumsey - when you've got a spare moment (*snorts*) can we touch base on the jello thingy please?

Errr ... I'm arriving in London on the 3rd and leaving London on the 16th ... but plan on stopping in Norwich, Newcastle, Durham, Leeds, Dunstable, and Luton in between, as well as the Ren, of course! I don't know when I'll be able to get over to that side of the pond again, so am trying to meet up with as many friends as possible over there!

OT news (and mini-explanations for my recent absence from GW):
                      Spoiler:

Younger sis is now moved to her new apt. Yay!
                      Younger sis is in her 7th month, and has finally stopped being sick every morning! Double Yay!!
                      Baby shower for younger sis is 2.5 weeks away, and almost completely planned - just waiting for RSVPs to finish coming in... triple YAY!!!
                      Job hunt is still a highly frustrating experience in keeping patience and not losing hope
                      I'm teaching Sunday School now, so that's something -- my kids are a great age and most are wonderful, but it's also reminding me how much I miss teaching, of course.
                      And if I don't get a paying job soon, I'm ... well it won't be pretty, for any parties involved.
                      BUT.... this is not the place to let myself get down! I am the bouncy ames! I *will* bounce back!!! ...hopefully sooner rather than later, but .... GABIT - YAY!!!

I'm bringing a bag full of goodies for my various stops - is there anything (relatively small!) and Canadian that anyone is dying to try/acquire? I'll be bringing local chocolates again -- that goes somewhat without saying
                      Just PM me if you've got a request that I might be able to fill
                      ~ames
                      ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                      ames on facebook
                      ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

By the way, I'm Aeryn, from the Gabit board .. And to be honest, I feel a tiny bit lost around here LOL
                        Bienvenue Sur Le Forum .

This is my First *( A T ? )* convention ... but I am really looking forward to it . I have gotten to know sooooo many Wonderful People here and I am sure you will To .
                        CRAZY IRISH GUY :

Puddle Jumper Pilot- Sheppard - Asmir
                        Scientist - McKay - Shirt n' Tie
                        Scientist - Zalenka- Bar
                        Cook and able body - Ronon - Master Bray Tack .
                        Crazy Irish Guy Was Here .

Spoiler:
                        Are we Geeks or Nerds

Comment

Am I the only one around here for whom this is a first time at Gabit?? *slightly intimidated*
                          Anyway, a VERY while in advance: may everyone have a nice trip to London, whenever they arrive. I can't wait to meet you all... People that understand me and my Stargate/Amanda obsession, that'll be unbelievable LOL

Comment

Am I the only one around here for whom this is a first time at Gabit?? *slightly intimidated*
                            Anyway, a VERY while in advance: may everyone have a nice trip to London, whenever they arrive. I can't wait to meet you all... People that understand me and my Stargate/Amanda obsession, that'll be unbelievable LOL
                            You won't be the only one. It's only my second Gabit event

Everyone is lovely anyway.
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                            My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                              You won't be the only one. It's only my second Gabit event

Everyone is lovely anyway.
                              Except for that one girl, Titta-something. She actually picks you up and tackles you to the ground, calling it affection. Yeah I'd watch out for that one.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                                Except for that one girl, Titta-something. She actually picks you up and tackles you to the ground, calling it affection. Yeah I'd watch out for that one.
                                LOL
                                ...no comment *giggles*
                                ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                                ames on facebook
                                ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Working...
                                X