GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

135 DAYS to go until AT4!!!!!

Days to go until The Sanctuary Experience!!!!!!!

Days to go until Meet the Man!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi guys

*takes a break from singing*

WOW! and again WOW! I say. The details for the SE and MTM are terrific! The FAQ covers all the questions. I would say also that (for me) the highlight of the Avalon experience was the "table meeting" coffee with Amanda and Mr A. It was smoothly run and everyone got their chance to talk with both Amanda and Rick.
      That was his first event, and I was part of the morning of the first day. Rick was incredibly shy....I remember Thomasina saying he was a "poor shy wee thing" (as only she can!) Any-hoo, as he came to the table, Amanda said something like...Say something nice to Rick!...To which I extending thumb and index finger about 3cms and said "The last time I saw you...you were this big....and in my living room!!"
      He laughed out loud at that and immedately sat down with a big grin!!
      It was a great moment!!!!!

Anyway, am putting in for a permission slip....and if the voice holds up....just maybe!! Have to wait and see...

Best to all and well done to the G4!!

S'n'T
      "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
      Sara O' Neill's father;
      COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
        At Gabit events cocktail parties, after Dinner, The guest circulates the tables and spends 8-10 minutes sitting and chatting with the fans. Then the photo of the whole table is taken before the guest moves on. oow that's not in the FAQ is it? Each cocktail party attendee gets a copy of this group shot of the guest at their table. I'll get that added in somewhere. For technical reasons in Vancouver all the prints will be 6x8 Photos. You also get a souvenir wine glass charm to take home. More on the charms project will be sent to those lucky enough to get charmed passes.

Best Wishes
        Becks
        That is a definite extra perk that should absolutely go into the FAQ. It certainly entices me to try and get one of those coveted 80 tickets.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Just wanted to say thank you for bringing us these awesome events.. *checks empty pockets* and even more importantly, thank you for giving us almost three months to save up to pay for these events! I know i'm going to need it! lol..

Comment

I think I was more shocked at the price of a hotel room than I was at the cost of the actual event! LOL!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
              I think I was more shocked at the price of a hotel room than I was at the cost of the actual event! LOL!
              Really? I think that's pretty reasonable compared to some

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                Really? I think that's pretty reasonable compared to some
                Seriously? I'm used to staying in convention hotels that cost $109-$119 a night. Not $199!

If my friend and I manage to get tickets, we'll all make sure we stuff at least 4 people in the room to help with the cost!
                sigpic

Comment

Seriously? I'm used to staying in convention hotels that cost $109-$119 a night. Not $199!

If my friend and I manage to get tickets, we'll all make sure we stuff at least 4 people in the room to help with the cost!
                  Ah, I was comparing it to UK hotel prices

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                    Ah, I was comparing it to UK hotel prices
                    Oh, well, then in that case, (along with the nice exchange rate you guys will get to the canadian dollar), its definitely a good deal for you! LOL!
                    sigpic

Comment

Question: It's not possible to purchase extra autographs (which is ok with me since since I don't collect them anyway!) but can one purchase extra photos or exchange the autograph for another photo? This is for the MTM event with RDA.
                      sigpic

Comment

I felt the same way when I saw the price. I actually stayed at the Sheraton Wall Centre last August for Gatecon and I *think* the price was a bit cheaper, but not by much really. Its a beautiful hotel though and has two towers, a north and south. Do try when booking your room to get one in the north tower if possible. Though the walk between them isnt long, the north tower is the 'main' one where all the convention rooms are located and a tad more convenient.

We're planning on doing the same thing though. Two double beds with four people per room will drastically bring down the cost.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll be sure to ask for the north tower if I manage to get a ticket Friday morning! A friend in the UK kindly informed me that its 8AM my time and not 8PM. LOL!
                          sigpic

Comment

Question: It's not possible to purchase extra autographs (which is ok with me since since I don't collect them anyway!) but can one purchase extra photos or exchange the autograph for another photo? This is for the MTM event with RDA.
                            Sorry it is not possible to swap oppotunities. Each attendee gets one in person autograph and one photo op. If you choose not to take one up there is no refund for all or part of your ticket. Sorry if this sounds inflexible, but it's all to do with the schedule and if we allow one person to do something like that we have to let everyone and chaos would ensue!

Best Wishes
                            Becks
                            G4

Comment

That's not a problem. I expected that to be the answer (the no swapping bit) but since it wasn't covered in the FAQ, and I've never attended one of your events before, I want to be clear on everything.

So I assume one can't purchase an additional photo like one can at other events? You only get the one that comes with the ticket, yes?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                                Sorry it is not possible to swap oppotunities. Each attendee gets one in person autograph and one photo op. If you choose not to take one up there is no refund for all or part of your ticket. Sorry if this sounds inflexible, but it's all to do with the schedule and if we allow one person to do something like that we have to let everyone and chaos would ensue!

Best Wishes
                                Becks
                                G4
                                Not to mention I'll have a near heart attack doing the schedule!!!

Julia
                                G4
                                To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X