GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
    Well, it's about time we had the dancing oranges!!
    Yay, hyperactive smiley man and the oranges, now we just need Kliggs and Baggie doing the can-can to complete the line-up!

Comment

Originally posted by Rune
      Sleep is that twilight stage between days. Oh,my...bouncy blue aliens,now !
      Well yes, I suppose you will have to try and squeeze in at least a couple of hours kip if you're going to look bright eyed and bushy tailed in the mornings aren't you? (bushy tailed ... why am I now thinking about theTufty Club? )
      I am SO not a Squirrel Nutkin type... Anyway,could be worse.We could end up bushy eyed and bright tailed ! *Hides paint*
      I think we're going to be doing a lot of hearty 'ohhh, remember when you ....' things for a l-o-n-g time after Gabit *grin*
      Oh yes !

As for doing the Can-Can with Kliggins....with my dodgy leg,it'll be more a case of the "Can't,Won't "!
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Oh yes, the Orange ones have bats on them, and the black ones have spiders webs
        Orange ones, I hope!

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
          Maybe but VR Pumpkin mush isn't as ...painful !

Balloons are good !
          So do I add you to the main list,then ?
          What list is that?

Comment

Sleep? What is this sleep?

Well yes, I suppose you will have to try and squeeze in at least a couple of hours kip if you're going to look bright eyed and bushy tailed in the mornings aren't you? (bushy tailed ... why am I now thinking about theTufty Club? )

I think we're going to be doing a lot of hearty 'ohhh, remember when you ....' things for a l-o-n-g time after Gabit *grin*
            We have to sleep too? I must have missed the memo. *writes memo to self - no throwing tvs out of windows, get some sleep, try not to laugh too much at Kligs and Baggie doing the can-can....*

ps. I was a member of the Tufty Club *runs to look for her badge*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg1portal
              What list is that?
              sg1portal :I've added you in to the main one of GW posters going to Gabit for now. (Those balloons sound good,btw)
              Updated Roll Calls,as of today :

Green For Gabit !!

Attending the Convention :

Mal
              F.H.Bagpuss
              SeaBee
              ChopinGal
              dipsofjazz
              1speed4Sam
              Coley
              ForeverSg1
              Kliggins
              Sue_the_Lurker
              Polosmoothie
              MajorSamFan
              Rowan
              GateGipsy & Baby Gipsy
              Rune
              flippy
              Mousie
              MagnoliaAnaglypta
              AmberLM
              sg1portal

Attending the GW Gabiteer Get-together on the Saturday evening.Meet up at 6pm.Ordering/Meal 6.30 pm-8 pm approx at Hotel Bistro.Bar/lounge after meal Meet in Foyer/Bar after 8pm :
              Kliggins
              F.H.Bagpuss
              dipsofjazz
              SeaBee
              gatebee
              Rowan
              ForeverSg1
              Mr.ForeverSg-1
              Rune
              Mal (subject to commitments)
              GateGipsy & Baby Gipsy
              flippy (drink/chat after meal.)
              AmberLM (drink/chat after meal)

Attending the Friday evening Cocktail Party :

ChopinGal
              Rowan
              Gipsy
              MAL

Repost:
              From the Renaissance Hotel Events section staff member I spoke to :

No specific dress code for any diners at the Bistro.Males don't need ties,and females don't need to worry about too much formality.Smart jeans are fine.

The Menu : The cost of all dishes depends on whether the foods we choose are from the Buffet or A la Carte Menus,but there will be clear prices on the menus at table.

Baggie translation : We won't be turning up looking like something the cat dragged in anyway,so dress how you prefer.Definition of smart or casual is up to you all.

I stated in an earlier post that the table bill will be paid by Hubby as the "Host"...then we can work out what each of us has to repay him after we've eaten.

From last evening on .Anyone from GW who is attending the Convention can only be added to the after dinner drinkies and chat list.Sorry,but that's the best I can offer,at this late stage.
              Drinks/chat from 8.00 approx onwards.Meet up in Foyer area .Disco overlap ,but that can't be helped !
              Last edited by Bagpuss; 23 October 2005, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                Very..nice,Rune ! (They aren't intending to get into a battle with Bev's Hyper-Smiley chappie are they ? )

Gabit's coming closer..and if it's half as much fun as we all expect,we'll be on Cloud 9 for weeks afterwards .
                (Or near collapse .. I'm still trying to work out a timetable that includes some sleep ! )
                oh the high will last about a week or even 2! Then the post con depression starts to hit!

time table of sleep..... well i'll be sleeping on the friday after I get to the hotel! I'll need to because i'll only average about 5 hours a day during the week.

hopefully i'll get a couple of hours before I catch my train. Though I've been known to switch my alarms off in my sleep!

Comment

ps. I was a member of the Tufty Club *runs to look for her badge*
                  *jumping up n down* oooh you have to bring it, Tufty was orangish wasn't he?

Comment

I can think of a few good names to call you! *runs away*
                    Well, that was rude, but I really expect no less.

((((Baggie)))
                    sigpic

Comment

*jumping up n down* oooh you have to bring it, Tufty was orangish wasn't he?
                      *sigh* I can't find my Tufty Club badge, although I did find my Shaun the Sheep badge!
                      sigpic

Comment

You zatted my smiley!!!!!
                        *cleans him off very quickly* You can't keep a good smiley down
                        Darn, he is back.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                          Thanks for the good wishes, Seshat! It does seem like a pretty lively group ... hope the hotel will still be standing on Monday morning.
                          We would never do anything that would leave the hotel in disarray.
                          sigpic

Comment

*sigh* I can't find my Tufty Club badge, although I did find my Shaun the Sheep badge!
                            Awwwww .... (((Bev))) never mind, if Baggie brings her Shaun we can have a sub-convention

Comment

Is it just me or is this starting to smell like a conspiracy?
                              No, not at all!

*crosses fingers*
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
                                oh the high will last about a week or even 2! Then the post con depression starts to hit!
                                Hmm..already had Pre-Con Crud.That was bad enough. *Gulp*
                                Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
                                time table of sleep..... well i'll be sleeping on the friday after I get to the hotel! I'll need to because i'll only average about 5 hours a day during the week.

hopefully i'll get a couple of hours before I catch my train. Though I've been known to switch my alarms off in my sleep!
                                You need a couple of extra alarms in your room ,placed at different distances.That'll get you awake !
                                (Works for my lot on weekdays.)

Originally posted by Kliggins
                                Well, that was rude, but I really expect no less.

((((Baggie)))
                                ((((((((Kliggins))))))) So you won't let her call me names ? Cool !

Pity about the Tufty Club one,but go ahead and bring the Shawn one !

Originally posted by Kliggins
                                Darn, he is back.
                                Yup!

Awwwww .... (((Bev))) never mind, if Baggie brings her Shaun we can have a sub-convention
                                Oh,dear...this could get..nostalgic !

Comment

Working...
                                X