GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
    LOL ! Me too...as there are currently 13 of us on the Get-together list,it'd take all Sat night and most of Sunday just to get through those 13 rounds.
    Not to mention the need to queue constantly for the toilets....
    Trust you to be practical!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
      For ever!!!!
      Forever????

Or until the closing date ! (Oct 6,I think ?)
      Phew! Thank you!

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
      Shhhh! Don't tell Kligs.
      It is not not nice to play with my feeble mind.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
        you can put me down for an orange juice for the drinks list. However, I have to ask. This isn't a round is it? If so can I opt out? It is just that I don't drink, and there's only so many soft drinks you can have, and it is a rather long list. Not sure I can drink that many OJ's!
        LOL! I can't drink that much either. I am just so happy to have the opportunity to meet everybody, see Amanda and visit London (one of of my favorite cities), I just wanted to buy a round for everybody. After that, you are on your own.

Revised Gabit GW Get together drink list:

Bev: Guinness, rum and coke.
        ForeverSG1 (Kat): Iced mocha, tea, lemonade, water.
        FHB: DC with ice, iced mocha.
        Mal: Coke, orange juice, lemonade.
        CG: Rum, diet coke, wine.
        Seabee: Cider, Strongbow; iced coffee.
        Rune: Diet Coke, orange juice (out of a saucer per request.)
        Betty: Pernod and blackcurrent
        GateGipsy: Orange juice
        Last edited by Kliggins; 09 September 2005, 01:35 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
          My friend RJ has had to drop out of the convention
          Sorry to hear that,Mal.Life's like that. I hope you'll get a chance to meet up with Rj soon.
          Could someone edit the meal list please???
          Yes,"someone" can.....!

Updated Roll Calls :

Attending the Convention :

Mal
          F.H.Bagpuss
          SeaBee
          ChopinGal
          dipsofjazz
          1speed4Sam
          Coley
          ForeverSg1
          Kliggins
          Sue_the_Lurker
          Polosmoothie
          MajorSamFan
          Rowan
          GateGipsy & Baby Gipsy
          Rune

Attending the GW Gabiteer Get-together on the Saturday evening.Hotel Bistro/bar :
          Kliggins
          F.H.Bagpuss
          dipsofjazz
          SeaBee
          gatebee
          Rowan
          ForeverSg1
          Mr.ForeverSg-1
          Rune
          Mal (subject to commitments)
          GateGipsy
          ChopinGal

And then there were 12.

50 days to go.As we began counting down at 100 days,this must be done ...

*sings *

*Halfway to Paradise..."

Originally posted by Kliggins
          Trust you to be practical !
          "Practical" is my middle name...along with several others !

Kliggins,thanks for upgrading your list. Also thanks for the piccy of Rune's Cat Shoes....very nice. (and I'm not being sarky !).
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
            Let me help; I just happen to have a picture of the cat shoe.

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/...unecatshoe.jpg

I'm sorry Rune, I couldn't resist.
            You are just so considerate

Comment

49 DAYS TO GO!!!!!

I've just bought a ticket for the cocktail party. anyone else going? Can we set up a list for that??
              Last edited by SEREN LWCH (MAL); 10 September 2005, 01:46 AM. Reason: forgot to remove the quote rom yesterday LOL well it was 3am!

Comment

Originally posted by Rune
                You are just so considerate
                I know.
                sigpic

Comment

I've just bought a ticket for the cocktail party. anyone else going? Can we set up a list for that??
                  Congrats.
                  ChopinGal is a definite,Gipsy and you..I think MajorSamFan may be going to the Cocktail Party as well.I'm going to re-read this thread to see if I've missed anyone.

I have no idea about Polosmoothie or Sue_the_Lurker,as they were added by you,Mal.I don't think they post much on New GW,or I'd suggest you PM them if they're on the Forum Leaders list.

How about asking on the Yahoo Gabit Events List or e-mailing them to see what's up for the Cocktail Party ?

Reminder to all to post requests for the Con Disco here :
                  http://beatniksdisco.proboards40.com...ead=1104660095

Comment

Forgive this double post,please,everyone.Yahoo/GW glitches mean I can't edit my above post (again !).

MAL : I've reread the whole thread and it seems that the Cocktail Party Roll is as follows:

ChopinGal
                    Rowan
                    MAL
                    Gipsy (?)

No idea about MajorSamFan.Her posts on this thread didn't mention the Cocktail Party at all .

Hope this little list helps you out a bit.

Comment

What do you want to know re the cocktail party?

becks
                      cocktail party guru

Comment

Forgive this double post,please,everyone.Yahoo/GW glitches mean I can't edit my above post (again !).
                        You just wanted to keep ahead of me on the most posts for the thread

ChopinGal
                        Rowan
                        MAL
                        Gipsy

Gipsy has already arranged to be on a table. Have you arranged a table baggie?? Could you get me included on it please? I'll be busy this week.

As for Sue, Poolismith etc I think they might have made arrangments. I'll have a word with Gipsy on the best way of getting in touch with them. I have been emailing Sue. But she's very busy!
                        Last edited by SEREN LWCH (MAL); 11 September 2005, 12:22 AM.

Comment

(need to do 2 posts because I was unable to put all my editing on the last one)

48 DAYS TO GO!!!!!

I now at least 1 of the gabit crew is watching this countdown. Keep up the good work guys!!!!! ((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))

Baggie can you take over untill Thursday morning please??? Off to Llyndan tonight!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen
                            What do you want to know re the cocktail party?

becks
                            cocktail party guru
                            Any info you can give us oh holy one

((((((hugs)))))))

Comment

MAL :
                              Re : the Cocktail Party: Rowan will be on ChopinGal's table.No idea if that table's full,but I suspect it may be.I'll try to PM CG .

I assume you may have meant "have I booked a table for the Saturday night dinner ?"

To all :I plan to ring the hotel tomorrow am and see if I can provisionally book a table for 12 plus possible extras.Time 6.30 pm -?

That theoretically gives time for us all to go and freshen up/get changed after the auction,and hopefully won't cut too far into the Disco time for those of us who really just want to Boogie down.

If anyone wants a different time booked then get on this thread today or tomorrow morning and tell me !
                              Or e-mail me direct on : < snipped obsolete e-address >

MAL: No probs on continuing the countdowns.Go enjoy yourself.Llyndan awaits thee !

(There seem to be probs with editing posts,quoting others,and comp freezes all over the forum...at least it's not just us .Small comfort ,but there it is.)
                              Last edited by Bagpuss; 06 December 2012, 07:23 AM. Reason: No point leaving that addy when it's been obsolete for years !

Comment

To all :I plan to ring the hotel tomorrow am and see if I can provisionally book a table for 12 plus possible extras.Time 6.30 pm -?

That theoretically gives time for us all to go and freshen up/get changed after the auction,and hopefully won't cut too far into the Disco time for those of us who really just want to Boogie down.

If anyone wants a different time booked then get on this thread today or tomorrow morning and tell me !
                                Or e-mail me direct on < Snipped obsolete e-address >
                                Sounds great to me. Thanks for taking the time to do it.
                                Last edited by Bagpuss; 06 December 2012, 07:24 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X