~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Days to go until AT4!!!!!!!!!!!
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hi all

Just dipping my toe in here to say "hi". Was over at the Van Con Thread...Wow those guys are really having a good time. What think you re: news that AT and MS have an early filming start on Monday?? Is this SGU related or perhaps Sanctuary related? Any thoughts?

Hurry up November!!

ChelleDB: you are doing a bang up job on the count down!!!

Best to all here

Shirt'n'Tie
        "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
        Sara O' Neill's father;
        COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Well, principle photography started for Sanctuary a couple of weeks back, so I think it's a safe assumption that Amanda's work is on Sanctuary. MS... probably something totally different. Shrug.
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirt'n'Tie View Post
            ChelleDB: you are doing a bang up job on the count down!!!
            Shirt'n'Tie
            Thank you...but I did screw it up. I went to my sons music concert and forgot to do the update til later...whoops...sorry guys!
            But we're up to date now!!!
            Cheers!!
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hmmm...I'm feeling the loneliness now...poor Mal...now I understand!
              *goes off to make cup of hot coffee*
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Oh yeah, 225! Whoo hoo!

the fiver is in the mail, right?

Working at Armageddon is so buzzy and I'm loving it... I can't wait until October and November, when I'm at yay! conventions that I'm paying to be at instead of working there... Heee! The high energy will be crazy high insane energy
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I was just telling hubby tonight about going to Armageddon as an attendee rather than working the event is so much cooler for me...particularly this year!! Mind you I didn't work the event last year either but that was more for personal reasons rather than just not wanting to or because of any special guests! I can't wait for November!! For many reasons!!
                  I have to ask...what's the most overwhelming thing about meeting Amanda Tapping for the first time?? Apart from her overwhelming coolness and awesomeness...what makes meeting her so absolutely exhilarating?

*Neep...I thought you said you'd do that for nix??*
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Looking back at my post, I can't believe you managed to read it and comprehend, Chelle! Well done!

wot?
                    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                      I have to ask...what's the most overwhelming thing about meeting Amanda Tapping for the first time?? Apart from her overwhelming coolness and awesomeness...what makes meeting her so absolutely exhilarating?
                      Good question Chelle! I still get really overwhelmed meeting Amanda even though I've met her twice already. Its quite hard to say exactly what overwhelms me but I think for me it is/was that I'm sitting in front of 'my hero' someone who I look up to. Someone who changed my life and helped me become the independent adult I am today. And I know this is going to sound corny but I do become lost for words in front of Amanda b/c as I look at her after she's hugged me, I think 'how can I ever thank you for everything you done for me' and I know if I open my mouth to speak that I'll end up crying.

And WTG on the countdown too.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                        Amanda was a guest at the very first con I went to with Becky, way back in 2000/2001. I am quite shy in face-to-face situations and was unsure how I would handle meeting celebrities. Don, JR, Teryl and Peter (Williams) were also there. We never stopped laughing all weekend. I was totally surprised at how un-tonguetied I was, and put it down to Amanda's down to earth handling of all the attendees. In fact they were all so friendly I totally forgot to be shy.

What also struck me was that next time we saw her, she remembered us. That impressed me a lot. I was, and always will be, an RDA fan. He was the reason I started watching Stargate, but I grew to admire and love Amanda as I got to know her, and even more so since working with her. She's one very special lady!

Mumsey
                        Last edited by SWMBOTGSG; 04 April 2009, 04:07 AM. Reason: punctuation
                        For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post

What also struck me was that next time we saw her, she remembered us. That impressed me a lot. I was, and always will be, an RDA fan. He was the reason I started watching Stargate, but I grew to admire and love Amanda as I got to know her, and even more so since working with her. She's one very special lady!

Mumsey
                          I've heard that multiple times about her, and that she is just absolutely wonderful to meet again and again because of that...
                          Not that it's expected for her to remember everyone, but I think it's just great that she does remember those few people that she works closely with.
                          *Is it November yet* Darn it....
                          sigpic
                          awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                            Looking back at my post, I can't believe you managed to read it and comprehend, Chelle! Well done!
                            wot?
                            Of course I understood it...sheesh...it's not like you're speaking another language..oh wait...you're a Kiwi...holy cow...how did I comprehend?
                            I guess I'm used to it having family and friends that are Kiwi's!
                            Heaven help poor old London when we get there, hey Neep!!
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Whooo!

*jazz hands*
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X