Clear All

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
    Sometimes they gurgle and laugh.
    They poop and cry too.

Julia(samcarterrules)
    sigpic
    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

OK......uuuuummmmmmmmmmm...........the two posts on this page...........are we talking about those going to AT4?!?

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
        OK......uuuuummmmmmmmmmm...........the two posts on this page...........are we talking about those going to AT4?!?

Sadly, yes.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I could use all y'all's help. I'm needing ideas for a trip from the UK through the Channel Tunnel to........where?

I don't want to go to Paris. Do any of you know of any nices small towns to stop at, maybe spend the night, on the continental side of the Tunnel? I only want to spend a night at most, then go back. However, I do want to see something besides docks. Maybe stay in a B&B, have a good evening meal.

Comment

I could use all y'all's help. I'm needing ideas for a trip from the UK through the Channel Tunnel to........where?

I don't want to go to Paris. Do any of you know of any nices small towns to stop at, maybe spend the night, on the continental side of the Tunnel? I only want to spend a night at most, then go back. However, I do want to see something besides docks. Maybe stay in a B&B, have a good evening meal.
            Ah, that takes me back to my student days! I lived in Southampton and there were a couple of drunken nights we woke up on the Isle of Wight. One spectacular morning, a few of us woke up in a hotel room, rather hungover and trying to work out how and why the fire escape instructions were in French. All being language students, we each assumed the others had played an elaborate prank. Though we've never quite worked out the exact details, we assume that being 19/20 year olds with our passports on our person as ID (we don't yet have ID cards in the UK ), we decided it would be fun to hop on a ferry and go to France.

Anyway, to answer your question, Orleans is probably an hour / hour and a half south of France. It's the last place Joan of Arc went before going into battle against the English and there are all kinds of monuments and exhibitions about her. Train fare down shouldn't be too expensive either.

Rouen is a historical city as well, about the same distance but to the north-west of Paris, and is the town where Joan of Arc was burned at the stake. I sadly have no pictures, as it is a city I have yet to visit and is on my list for later this year. It is, however, supposed to be one of the nicest and most beautiful cities for tourists in the north of France.
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Can't really help you with towns but I'm sure someone else will speak up. However, I did take the Eurostar through the Chunnel to Paris so I'll pass on a bit of advice. First, I was told the closer you get to your departure date and the more booked up the train becomes, the more expensive the ticket gets. So book your ticket in advance. Second, I took the Underground from the airport to the train station (just take the bus from the Ren to the airport). Direct service but it does take just under an hour so be prepared. Don't take a cab from the hotel, it would cost a fortune.

The ride through the countryside is beautiful and, while it is cool to say you've been through the chunnel, it is just a long dark ride. They didn't announce it was coming up, you just notice you seem to be in the dark longer than the other tunnels you went through and then you do the math. Still, I love trains and it is to say "I took the train from London to Paris and went through the Chunnel". (Ooo, look at me, I'm a big girl)

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                The ride through the countryside is beautiful and, while it is cool to say you've been through the chunnel, it is just a long dark ride. They didn't announce it was coming up, you just notice you seem to be in the dark longer than the other tunnels you went through and then you do the math. Still, I love trains and it is to say "I took the train from London to Paris and went through the Chunnel". (Ooo, look at me, I'm a big girl)
                Ha! I am glad I am not the only one that kind of experience. Yes, I was really excited to take the Chunnel, but the trip ended up going something like - "Pretty country side... hey we are in the Chunnel...zzzzzzzz....."

Comment

Days to go until AT4!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                    They poop and cry too.
                    Julia(samcarterrules)
                    Yep...and they poop more than they gurgle!!
                    Originally posted by antoa View Post
                    Ha! I am glad I am not the only one that kind of experience. Yes, I was really excited to take the Chunnel, but the trip ended up going something like - "Pretty country side... hey we are in the Chunnel...zzzzzzzz....."
                    My kinda trip...I love trains...and I love sleep...so together it would be perfect!!!
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I have dreamt about pregnancy the last two nights! *glares at Neep*

Night before last I dreamt I was camping in Australia and Neep, despite being very heavily pregnant, came over from NZ to come camping with me. It was a lot of fun *g* I woke up when Neep went into labour in the campsite (though admittedly because it was a dream all that happened was Neep announced, "I've gone into labour.")

Last night I dreamt I was at a social work conference in a large country house and while I was on my break a man and a woman arrived at the house. She was really pregnant and fleeing domestic violence. The man was a friend who was helping her. Except her husband was a right piece of work and was pursuing her and so they were running. The husband thought that the baby was the friends, but they were just friends and the baby really was the husbands, but because he thought it wasn't his he kept trying to punch the woman in the stomach and he'd beaten her up generally as well.

I am blaming this thread for both of those dreams!
                      sigpic
                      Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                      My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post

Night before last I dreamt I was camping in Australia and Neep, despite being very heavily pregnant, came over from NZ to come camping with me. It was a lot of fun *g* I woke up when Neep went into labour in the campsite (though admittedly because it was a dream all that happened was Neep announced, "I've gone into labour.")

Last night I dreamt I was at a social work conference in a large country house and while I was on my break a man and a woman arrived at the house. She was really pregnant and fleeing domestic violence. The man was a friend who was helping her. Except her husband was a right piece of work and was pursuing her and so they were running. The husband thought that the baby was the friends, but they were just friends and the baby really was the husbands, but because he thought it wasn't his he kept trying to punch the woman in the stomach and he'd beaten her up generally as well.

Heee! for the first one, for the second.
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post

I'm thinking too much fanfiction for you my dear!!
                          I've run in to a snag obtaining a passport...seems I need to apply to get my official wedding certificate which is a right royal pain in the ass...but I still have time...right??
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Days to go until AT4!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                              I've run in to a snag obtaining a passport...seems I need to apply to get my official wedding certificate which is a right royal pain in the ass...but I still have time...right??
                              Couldnt you go to your county courthouse (or whatever you have over there) and pay the nominal fee to get a notarized copy? I know I had to do some chasing around like this for my birth certificate. Seems I had misplaced the one I had, so I had to make a trip to the Health Dept in the area where I was born and paid to get a copy again. Was more of a bugger in the chasing than anything else.

Good luck with it though Chelle.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                                Couldnt you go to your county courthouse (or whatever you have over there) and pay the nominal fee to get a notarized copy? I know I had to do some chasing around like this for my birth certificate. Seems I had misplaced the one I had, so I had to make a trip to the Health Dept in the area where I was born and paid to get a copy again. Was more of a bugger in the chasing than anything else.
                                Good luck with it though Chelle.
                                Nope...have to go into Melbourne CBD...which isn't exactly on my agenda...til Saturday and no doubt like most government buildings, it'll be closed on Saturday. I'm just gonna have to go get my proof of identification verified by the police and send in an application for the certificate.
                                Now why the heck don't we just get a proper certificate when we get hitched in the first place? Its like when you have kids...you don't get their birth certificate when they are born...you have to apply for it and it costs money to get a copy. Just another money making scheme bought ti you by the friendly money hungry bureaucrats.
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X