No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe stupid question, but can I also bring belgian stamps?
    * Friendship is born at the moment when one person says to another, "What! You too? I thought I was the only one!" *
    ~ C.S. Lewis, British novelist ~

Comment

Originally posted by milkyway View Post
      Yes. My understanding is that the charity is happy to receive all stamps. They sell the North American ones to collectors in Europe, etc and would sell your Belgian ones to collectors in places like North America.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Just an update on tickets:-

We've weeded all the dud registrations out and all tickets have now been paid for and allocated to their respective owners, so AT4 is completely sold out.

We will however maintain the current waiting list and people can continue to add their names to it.

Julia
        G4

Sophie, if you can let us know if you get nowhere with your hotel room as Becky said, we will try to find out what is wrong for you.
        (lovely to see you and Suzanne at the weekend btw!)
        To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          Yes. My understanding is that the charity is happy to receive all stamps. They sell the North American ones to collectors in Europe, etc and would sell your Belgian ones to collectors in places like North America.
          Thanks!
          Let the collection begin heehee

And I'm SOOOO GLAD I got a ticket for AT4!
          * Friendship is born at the moment when one person says to another, "What! You too? I thought I was the only one!" *
          ~ C.S. Lewis, British novelist ~

Comment

Thanks!
            Let the collection begin heehee

And I'm SOOOO GLAD I got a ticket for AT4!
            You're welcome.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Days to go until AT4!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                yes, please, save the stamps
                and i'm in the same situation as a lot, most of what i get in the mail is bills, etc, and it's all prestamped stuff
                but i was thinking, if every person on samanda brought, say 20-30 stamps each, that'd be a couple hundred for them.
                every little bit should help i'd think
                Oh cool...so we can do that? I was thinking I could get stamps that come out for certain occasions...you know like the special commemorative stamps. So we can do that?? Not have to save the stamps that come through the mail but any stamps are accepted???
                i would suggest taht you call the 1800 number
                That 1800 number is for overseas callers right?? I would rather, if I can, actually speak to someone about my reservation and have them confirm it and what not rather than rely solely on my email print out.
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

THANK YOU for that

yes, please, save the stamps

and i'm in the same situation as a lot, most of what i get in the mail is bills, etc, and it's all prestamped stuff

but i was thinking, if every person on samanda brought, say 20-30 stamps each, that'd be a couple hundred for them.

every little bit should help i'd think
                  That's exactly why I was thinking. Little things add up.

I am bringing mostly German stamps, I am sure they can use any stamp we bring.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  Yep. Someone here mentioned that your ordinary stamps may not be ordinary to someone who lives on a different continent. ;-)

There was also a post that you should separate the UK stamps from the North American ones.
                  Apparently, mixed collections bring in less money or it means the have to sort them before selling them.

One more thing, leave a bit of envelope around the stamp. For collectors they are more worth if you they have a complete postal service stamp (I am talking about the stime stamp that showes when the letters was sent) on their stamp. The US Postal Service used a nice "Happy Holidays" stamp around Christmas.

Comment

for the hotel, look at its web site. It's run by marriott (I THINK) and look at their site, they have contact/reservations numbers. I called one of those for AT3 and spoke to a person.

I'm old fashioned, i don't trust online reservations. I want to talk to a real person.

As to the stamps. Anything and everything. And yes, please separate UK/Europe ones from US from Aussie.....you get the picture. Just use a separate baggie for each country's stamps.

We'll work the details out with MUmsy when we get closer to have some sort of drop off point at the con. For people in the US that don't want to ship them overseas, you can send them to me and i'll package them up sometime late oct/early nov and get them mailed off. But again, we have months to think about it.

The only thing we're not too crazy about....a couple of kind souls have come forth and said that they have 'grandma's old stamp collection' or some such. We're not too fond about those simply because.....we don't want anyone, out of an act of kindness, to inadvertently give away something that should stay in the family. Or to send in a very expensive stamp that - no joke - gets lost in the mail.

We don't want any bad feelings about this or anyone getting in trouble with their family.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                          Have another go, may have been a one off glitch. If you still have trouble let us know at the [email protected] address. I will also check how we are doing with the hotel on the allocation... but I don't think we should be full.

Let us know how you get on.

Hugs
                          becks
                          Originally posted by JuliaR View Post

We've weeded all the dud registrations out and all tickets have now been paid for and allocated to their respective owners, so AT4 is completely sold out.

We will however maintain the current waiting list and people can continue to add their names to it.

Julia
                          G4

Sophie, if you can let us know if you get nowhere with your hotel room as Becky said, we will try to find out what is wrong for you.
                          Thanks
                          The link still isn't working, but we called the hotel directly and booked that way. so it should be okay for us.
                          Do you know if they have an e-mail address, where we can reconfirm our booking before the event. Just to check if things are okay, or do we just call them again?

It was great seeing you guys this weekend btw

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL) View Post
                              Woohoo!
                              sigpic

Comment

Me and my not working internet.
                                Sorry for replying to this so late.

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                                Have another go, may have been a one off glitch. If you still have trouble let us know at the [email protected] address. I will also check how we are doing with the hotel on the allocation... but I don't think we should be full.

Let us know how you get on.

Hugs
                                becks
                                I tried to book 2 rooms, for Sofie + mum and me + my friend, online from Friday 13th till Monday 16th with the convention code. It didn't work. So I booked one room to test it without the convention code and e-mailed them the code. The reply was that I can only use the convention code from 13th till 15th.

I'm not sure if I did the right thing with the room though.

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post

Julia
                                G4

It was lovely to meet ya, too Julia

Same for Becks, Mumsey, Terri and David. Had a blast at Sunday night!

*hugs*

Originally posted by sofie View Post
                                Thanks
                                The link still isn't working, but we called the hotel directly and booked that way. so it should be okay for us.
                                Do you know if they have an e-mail address, where we can reconfirm our booking before the event. Just to check if things are okay, or do we just call them again?

It was great seeing you guys this weekend btw
                                Hun, sorry that I didn't manage to contact you earlier. Are ya fine with the room now or do ya still need me to book something? I hope everything is fine at your side. I'll be back in my flat with proper working internet by Monday night. *squishes*

@ Julia & Becks: Thanks a lot for the help.

Hugs
                                Susann

Comment

Working...
                                X