GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
    I dunno, I go down to watch one programme with the family (who barely recognise me from Friday when they last saw me properly) and come back to a complete chocolate thread!! Yum!

It would be too complicated to alter the autograph/photos for anyone officially. Things are done to precision timing and I doubt everyone from Gateworld would be in near enough rows.

However, I do have a plan formulating so you might have a time slot for your chocolate party. So leave me to talk to Becks after her skiing trip to coordinate this and I'll get back to the group, probably via Skydiver. Hmmm...it might work.

However, one caveat!! If it falls during the autograph session and I can get it to work for you all, one person brings chocolates to the autograph table to see us through the day! Deal? Mines caramel centred chocolate - I love it.

Oh and the schedule is being revamped so don't go on last year's. I've got to dissect it apart and rebuild it from scratch so things might move. That won't be for a while, but I might be able to sort out the chocolate thingie.

I'm off to bed now. Work tomorrow (no, the day job).

Julia
    G4
    Isn't all that chocolate talk fun And you have a plan!! Yay And even if it doesn't work out in a real plan, we will make it work anyway. Cause it's chocolate *is happy* And I'm sure someone will sacrifice precious chocolate party time to bring you (sitting at a table with Amanda) some chocolate. Hahaha.

Man, I already was in bed 2 hours ago, but I just can't sleep. I think the yay-I-got-an-AT4-ticket-and-so-do-all-my-friends happy SQUEEEness just kicked in

*goes to read fluffy fanfic*
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
      Swimsuit = togs in Aus and NZ
      Ahhh, gotcha.... Thank you for clearing that up... I really do love the different slang....

Originally posted by babancat View Post
      Hello everyone *waves*

Bye for now *waves*
      *waving hello*

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
      So .... chocolate party anyone??

Yes please, that sounds like a lot of fun.... Yummy, yummy chocolate....
      Food, well that can be overrated, but chocolate.... *squeeee*

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
      You mean SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE isn't in any language?? Lol.
      I just keep picturing the 7th season episode "Space Race" Carter saying "It's my language Sir...."
      sigpic
      awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
        Hark at you miss... Taritor to the devine galaxzy chocolate Do you not want the little treat I usually leave on your chair????
        eh???
        well, dear, since i have no chair this year......

and y es, i know US chocolate sucks. But sometimes one must defend one's country's honor.....little though it may be
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Got my ticket and I am really, really excited. You see my birthday is November 14th What a present!! Are there anyone else going who will be celebrating their birthdays; we will have to get together

Comment

i thought they'd proven that chocolate makes happy pheramones and endorphines....chocolate makes you happy in other words and triggers the pleasure centers of hte brain

And i'm sure that, the hostess(s) of the party will be willing to take on 'deliver choccies to julia' as a task. May just need to warn the guards at the door

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

and y es, i know US chocolate sucks. But sometimes one must defend one's country's honor.....little though it may be
              It's only the mass-market US chocolate that sucks. There are some chocolatiers who make great chocolate--such as Theo Chocolate in Seattle. They live way too close to me

donamac (running to the kitchen to snap off another chunk)

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                That was probably the American stuff.

<Runs for cover>
                *unsetting aside the chocolate*
                I agree....oooh, wait.... I may be able.... hmmm... good thing we have time... it means I can go on the hunt for good chocolate... or at least semi-yummy chocolate.....
                sigpic

Comment

filled kisses were popular

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                    What exactly does one do without ones - um - pants?

EDIT 'cause I've just seen Neep's post: Swim suits!?! In November?! In the dark?!

Is there jello?

PengYn, I got my ticket, ergo there will be jello. Lots and lots upon lots of jello. Mmmmmmm .... bluey goodness ...... jelloooooooooooooooooooooo

Note: while there *will* be copious amounts of jello, I don't recommend attempting to swim in it. I'm fairly sure the G4 would appreciate us not getting the event thrown out of the Ren for permanently staining their new lobby blue....

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                    You do realise that the only swim wear I own is a black and white patterned Hang Ten bikini? And that if I wore it, I'd beat my own record for most cleavage revealed at a Gabit event?
                    *blinks*

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                    *hugs* keep the chocolate up! We appreciate it

As for bouncing... me? Me?

Chocolate *and* bouncing!!!! Yay!!!

An out door pool... at heathrow, In england... in November.

You lot are nuts
                    This is news???

since the chocloate party was an unofficial event, originally we'd counted on using the lobby and catching folks as they p assed by, but the renovations messed that up and we ended up in another room

someone can take charge of it, pick a location and - with the kind assistance of the G4 assisting iwth communication, let people know when and where it is.

I, personally, think earlier in the con helps simply because it gives us all more time to eat the chocolate before we have to pack it into bags

that being said, does anyone care to be the chocolate maven for AT4? the 'hostess' or a couple of 'co-hostesses' for the party. (be it said that hostess really is nothing more than helping people introduce themselves and just being there)

ETA: the one big caveat, Becks (along with others i'm sure) doesn't do peanuts, so the hostess will have to help keep the 'boobytrapped' chocolate separate from the uncontaminated chocolate
                    I'm in (if wanted/needed - I'm also totally willing to sit back if others wish to step up instead)!

Originally posted by sofie View Post
                    yea I also really wanted to go,..
                    I did go to the jello party, had some jello in pretty much all colors, quite a unique experience
                    would be fun to redo that too, since they don't sell them over here
                    I'm officially declaring for any who would care to join us that there will be copious amounts of jello (blue and otherwise) available... hopefully we can find a timeslot to share in the blueey goodness that isn't right after the closing ceremonies -- although that did serve to keep me busy enough that I didn't have time to get emotional until much later!

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                    I dunno, I go down to watch one programme with the family (who barely recognise me from Friday when they last saw me properly) and come back to a complete chocolate thread!! Yum!

It would be too complicated to alter the autograph/photos for anyone officially. Things are done to precision timing and I doubt everyone from Gateworld would be in near enough rows.

However, I do have a plan formulating so you might have a time slot for your chocolate party. So leave me to talk to Becks after her skiing trip to coordinate this and I'll get back to the group, probably via Skydiver. Hmmm...it might work.

However, one caveat!! If it falls during the autograph session and I can get it to work for you all, one person brings chocolates to the autograph table to see us through the day! Deal? Mines caramel centred chocolate - I love it.

Oh and the schedule is being revamped so don't go on last year's. I've got to dissect it apart and rebuild it from scratch so things might move. That won't be for a while, but I might be able to sort out the chocolate thingie.

I'm off to bed now. Work tomorrow (no, the day job).

Julia
                    G4
                    Julia, you rock! *bounce* Of course, you should already know that, seeing as you're an integral part of the amazing G4 But still - positive reinforcement is always a good thing!

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                    You should have seen the look on the security blokes faces when they picked him for a snap search of his luggage. It was full of chocolate! One of them saw us looking anxious and came over to explain what was happening to him, and we told him about Becky's aversion to American chocolate. He went back and explained to his colleagues and all was well.

(pokes sleepy offspring and chairperson) Oi! no dozing there!

Mumsey
                    (Just getting her second wind, at 25 minutes past midnight)
                    Hey, you can't beat my suitcase search last May ... I had papers, jello, chocolate, maple syrup and peanut butter. Zero clothes. It made for interesting conversation at the check-in counter anyway!

I just want to say again *bounces* for those who managed to get tickets, and sincere condolences to those who didn't ... and many, many thanks to the G4 and their families for your patience!
                    ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                    ames on facebook
                    ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Nestle crunch bars were my choccy of choice when I was at uni for a year in Ohio. Until No1son smuggled in a supply of galaxy at spring break.
                      Seriously, you're going to love the little town that I work in, seriously it's like two minutes from I live....
                      The name: Chocolate City USA (It's actually Burlington, but it's known as Chocolate City....)
                      Reason: The Nestle Factory is located there.... and I know peeps that work there....
                      I'm just sayin is all....
                      sigpic

Comment

at this jello party last year, (i missed it) were there any jello shots? cuz i've recently discovered that blue jello is VERY VERY GOOD when made with malibu rum.. i'd be willing to provide the blue jello shots of course.. along with any other colors.. mmmmmmmm...

Comment

Ames ... maybe we can do the jello thingy together with the chocolateparty? That way we only need 1 time. Though jello takes more planning right? And you please do the co-hosting thing with Eve, I think you 2 will be just right for the job. I volunteer to take left over chocolate with me and make new friends handing it out (was really fun last year). And what Sky said: what was left after I made the rounds was put near the autographroom and was all about gone at the end of sunday.

All this talking about it just makes me happy
                          sigpic

Comment

Oooh, see what happens when I have to work? Eve, I volunteer to be a co-hostess if you need any help

I have Whittaker's macadamia nut block (for the peanut allergy folks), some Trade Aid dark chocolate (for the lactose and gluten intolerant peeps) and some classic Whittaker's peanut slabs (for everyone else). Heh can you tell I come from a huge family? Ohhh... is anyone actually allergic to chocolate itself? We might need some white chocolate, stat!

Pants optional, right?
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

well you never know what chairs I have access to!

la la la la la la la la la

Becks

Comment

Wheee chocolate party! I'll even manage to bring some this time around *looks innocent*

I'm on the jello making team again...there was minimal blue stainage last year...I wonder if we can beat that hmm. Chocolate and blue jello party together could work...cos I think it would be better in the fun rather than at the end when we're all feeling sad.

we've got snooooooowww this morning....I miss snow! *runs around* there might be enough for a very small snowman....where are my mittens?
                                sigpic
                                Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                                My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Working...
                                X