GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
    Haha... trying to explain it to family... There are a lot of people around right now and most of them have no idea I even like sci fi. My sister summed it up best: "she's practically wetting herself because she gets to go to this big dork convention in London. With Geeks. And stuff."

Yeah- she's totally jealous.
    People! Please stop greening me about how much you like my twin... I have just spent a year living with her again and working with her, so it's fair to say I don't like her at the moment!
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
      Dude...where were you?? You missed all the fun...and absolute terror!!!
      Haha ... this is true. I'm so glad I didn't know behorehand it would be crazy like this, it was already very nervewracking the way it was lol.

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
      YAY! We got our confirmation through...definately will be a hobbit picking people up in the lobby (picking up in the literal sense, not in the date sense ) come November.

Thanks as always to the G4 for their hard work...don't forget those helmets for that mountain!
      *looks forward to be being picked up by Hannah* Hahahaha

The Sunday of AT4. We're thinking... swim suits. Pack those togs!
      Lol ... uhm ... yeah ... you do that
      sigpic

Comment

I was kidding, I actually have no idea.
        Nope. No pool at the Ren. But everyone's usually so busy talking and meeting and putting names with faces or heading out for mini-sightseeing trips or dinners in the evening, you won't even miss it.

Ren link:https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...eathrow-hotel/

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
        You do know November is in winter this side of the equator, don't you?

Tim
        (temporarily surfaced before diving back into reg having gone to bed at 3am)
        *hugs* #1 Son. Yep it is.

For any who're interested (*grins* I never deleted my WORD document from the Nov. '06 con with all my miscellaneous travel info in it... )

November__13____14_____15
        Sunrise__| 7:15 | 7:17 | 7:18
        Sunset__|16:14 |16:12 |16:11
        Avg. Max.|10°C | 10°C |10°C
        Avg. Min. |3°C __ | 3°C | 3°C
        Mean____|7°C __ | 7°C | 7°C

(In degrees Farenheit that'd be an average of 45F, lows of 38F, and highs of 50F.) November 06 was coolish some days, but in the 50'sF the days I went sightseeing - enough for a jacket (vs. a coat), but it's best to keep track of the weather with a site to know what to bring if you're heading out and about away from the hotel....http://uk.weather.com/ or http://www.weather.com/outlook/trave...ortprofile/LHR (which has a 10-day out option).

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
        Well I'm finally home after a full day of working. Thanks to my room mate that stressed over the ticket frenzy today.

Congrats to both Amanda for a growing popularity with more folks trying for tickets and wanting to attend and also to the G4 for running a convention with such a great reputation.

I look forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones in November.
        LOL! Your roomie was just more frustrated than anything else, having an idea of what was probably happening on the server's ends on the other side of the pond (and feeling under the weather with the sinus infection/head cold), but all's well that ends well. And given 500 (500!!!) of us descending on the site at all once, I'm amazed little sparks didn't fly out of our on PC's from the site's servers working overtime!

*grins* And what's your con motto..... "We Don't Need No Stinkin' Sleep!"

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
        And, by golly, I needed it!
        LOL! *hugs* And does Mr. HyperSmileyGuy seem just a bit more hyper now????!

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
        Becks and I are going off line now. We think sleep is in order. We will be back on line tomorrow if there are any more queries.

Nite everyone.

Julia
        G4
        *hugs* Thanks again, Julia, Becks, Mumsey and everyone else on GABIT's staff. Like I said yesterday and will say it again today (and like Tsax said above) - it's a testament to Amanda and her warm personality that the response was overwhelming, but I definitely want to make sure that you all receive much credit too for putting on a con that allows fans from all walks of life to come and join in a relaxing weekend of celebrating each other, a great cause, and a great woman.
        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

I don't even think the Ren has a pool. The togs are just for fun
          Just don't bounce too much on the main hall floor or you may find where the Ren pool used to be!

Mumsey
          (coming out to play a little before reinserting nose to grindstone.)
          For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
            Just don't bounce too much on the main hall floor or you may find where the Ren pool used to be!

Mumsey
            (coming out to play a little before reinserting nose to grindstone.)
            *hugs* keep the chocolate up! We appreciate it

As for bouncing... me? Me?

Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

This is a silly question, but Chelle or Neep, or anyone else, what are togs?
              It's just a term I haven't been privy to yet, and didn't know....
              Some sort of swimsuit?

Oooh, I really didn't want to get up for work, but I had a few moments, so I just checked my email, and there was an email putting to rest my fears.... I do have a ticket allocated for me..... *Squeeeeee* That was totally like a caffine rush.....

I know we've said it a few times, but seriously, Thank you, thank you, thank you to Becky for her quick responses and Julia and Mumsey for their hard work, and updates and answering our questions....
              To anyone who says anything bad about how everything went down, I say that's crazy.... I would say that I would go through it all again, seriously this has been such a rush already... I can only imagine what it's like once next November actually comes and we're all together and having a blast....
              Enough of rambling.... I totally have to go to work.... That I'm not so excited about.....
              sigpic
              awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Swimsuit = togs in Aus and NZ
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Finally got my email confirmation. Becky was great and told me last night I had a place. So at least I got some sleep last night.

No swimming pool? We could always bring a kids blow up plastic one I'm not sure the Ren folks would appreciate it. We could always set it up outside lol

Comment

Originally posted by starsong101 View Post
                    Finally got my email confirmation. Becky was great and told me last night I had a place. So at least I got some sleep last night.

No swimming pool? We could always bring a kids blow up plastic one I'm not sure the Ren folks would appreciate it. We could always set it up outside lol

An out door pool... at heathrow, In england... in November.

You lot are nuts

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post

You lot are nuts
                      What you don't do swimming in the Northsea in January there??? it is rather refreshing if i say so

November in general is warmer then January so why not... and if we fill the kids swimming pool with hot water, it is do-able

I am still not sure if I got the tickets, to be honest I am really confused atm...but I am waiting and seeing and giving the G4 time to sort things out

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post

You lot are nuts
                        You know it. That's why you love us
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post

I am still not sure if I got the tickets, to be honest I am really confused atm...but I am waiting and seeing and giving the G4 time to sort things out
                          You got your tickets. Mumsey will email you re payment.

Julia
                          G4
                          To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Yay Eve!!!
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                              You got your tickets. Mumsey will email you re payment.

Julia
                              G4
                              Thanks you!!!!

Yay Eve!!!
                              yay me indeed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                                What you don't do swimming in the Northsea in January there??? it is rather refreshing if i say so

November in general is warmer then January so why not... and if we fill the kids swimming pool with hot water, it is do-able

You got the tickets.

becks

Comment

Working...
                                X