X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

310 Days to go until AT4!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      iirc, a group sat in the lobby during at2 with a HUGE box of cadbury's and the such and not a word was said.

I'd suggest, keeping it away from the bar and restaurant, keep it discreet and don't be 'in their face' with it.

quite often, what they don't 'know' they don't know
      And you said then that I had brought too much chocolate with me. That tin had nothing on the chocolate party at AT3.

Julia, do you mind if I kidnap your muse for a short while? She's just too good not to be shared round! You have such a way with words.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
        And you said then that I had brought too much chocolate with me. That tin had nothing on the chocolate party at AT3.

Julia, do you mind if I kidnap your muse for a short while? She's just too good not to be shared round! You have such a way with words.
        Will I get her back?

Of course you can. Kidnap away.

Julia
        G4
        To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

I remember drinking some purpling fruit drink in the lobby that I had gotten at the petrol station down the way and I didnt have any problems whatsoever with the hotel staff with it. In fact, at one time there were a few with drinks of their own and we weren't too far from the registration desk either.

*contemplates what chocolates might survive two weeks worth of backpacking through the countryside to bring along*

Comment

Just a random thought... how about extending it to sweets this time round? Because some types of confectionary will be easier to transport for those backpacking like Cel. Those who still want to do the chocolate thing can, but then it widens the range of "local" (or national) treats you can bring. I tried Australian Jaffas the other day and they were YUMMY.
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I even think a group ordered pizza and ate them right in the lobby lol.

EDIT: just saw TJ posts ... good idea, I would LOVE to try some real american jelly beans ... they are not common here. And I can bring liqourice (sp?) lol, that's really Dutch (we have soooo many kinds), although most foreigners don't seem to like it.
              Last edited by SamJackShipLover; 07 January 2009, 07:19 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Just a random thought... how about extending it to sweets this time round? Because some types of confectionary will be easier to transport for those backpacking like Cel. Those who still want to do the chocolate thing can, but then it widens the range of "local" (or national) treats you can bring. I tried Australian Jaffas the other day and they were YUMMY.
                I think that's a wonderful idea! Chocolates, though I would love to bring, I doubt would survive being squashed next to everything else in my pack.

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                I even think a group ordered pizza and ate them right in the lobby lol.

EDIT: just saw TJ posts ... good idea, I would LOVE to try some real american jelly beans ... they are not common here. And I can bring liqourice (sp?) lol, that's really Dutch (we have soooo many kinds), although most foreigners don't seem to like it.
                Ooh I could bring Jelly Belly's! Their quite available over here. Heh..I could even bring the Harry Potter version which is quite..er, interesting to say the least. Bertie Bott's have quite interesting flavours lol. Dirt, booger, rotten egg, soap, earwax and a whole bunch others.

Comment

I tried Australian Jaffas the other day and they were YUMMY.

hehehe... my mind was not thinking other things. Promise.
                  sigpic

Comment

One of the Aussies or Kiwis needs to bring TimTams please. kthx.

And Jelly Belly's rule!

I'll be bringing rieces pieces and possibly peanut butter M&Ms as well as some chocolate. I know you can't get those candies over there.

Comment

Ohhhhh .... peanut butter M&Ms .... yes please
                      sigpic

Comment

They come in 1 pound bags. I'll bring a couple. Though I might have to put them in my hand luggage so I don't put my checked luggage over weight

Comment

omg those are soooo good. Seriously addictive

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                            One of the Aussies or Kiwis needs to bring TimTams please. kthx.
                            Done.

I'm all paid up guys! Yay!
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

That's a great idea Tracy!!! I couldn't find any Scottish chocolate last time but we have other sweet things I could bring.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                                Done.

I'm all paid up guys! Yay!
                                Can you demonstrate a proper TimTam Slam? I was afraid to attempt one.

Comment

Working...
                                X