GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
    You all seriously had uniforms at school?? I never wore an uniform in my life lol.

But heh, it's not like we're being forced to wear the colour the whole weekend. I only had a red necklace for the dicso at AT3.
    Only a red necklace??? Wow...you're a lot braver than me!!
    Spoiler:
    Way back when I was a little tacker, school uniforms were mainly for the richer kids at private schools. They slowly integrated to the public schools after it was seen to put kids on an even keel when it came to fashion stakes. Not all kids could afford the fashion labels and so uniforms helped to even that out. It's pretty much compulsory at almost all school now.
    And it's much cheaper for the parents too!!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

My primary school uniform was royal blue, my secondary school uniform was emerald green. My various sports kits have been gold, red and black, gold and black, green, white, black and white, snot green and white, not to mention the bright pink and silver leotard I used to compete in. I've had various work uniforms in maroon, navy blue, teal and grey and red...I'm down with most colours.

And I had the awesomest outfit for the disco at AT3...whatever the colour is for AT4 I won't be able to top the red outfit *sigh*
      sigpic
      Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
      My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
        My primary school uniform was royal blue, my secondary school uniform was emerald green. My various sports kits have been gold, red and black, gold and black, green, white, black and white, snot green and white, not to mention the bright pink and silver leotard I used to compete in. I've had various work uniforms in maroon, navy blue, teal and grey and red...I'm down with most colours.

And I had the awesomest outfit for the disco at AT3...whatever the colour is for AT4 I won't be able to top the red outfit *sigh*
        LOL..it definitely was different.

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
          *waves madly* I can't wait to see you guys.
          Originally posted by Celandine View Post
          YAY!! Welcome here and can't wait to meet up with again next year.
          *waves back* I can't wait either. It's going to be so much fun

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
          (who's home from college sick )
          Aww *Hugs* Hope you feel better soon.

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
          Can you imagine poor Amanda walking off the set of Sanctuary...green screen and all, and into Gabit into a green room??? It's not fair to Amanda to have green...and I love green...I'm a huge fan of green...some might call me a greenie...I've even gone green with my electricity!! But just for the sake of Amanda and to give her a break from all the green....no green please!!!
          Wow...that was nine times I said green in this post...whoops...strike that...make that ten!!!
          That's a good point. Can you imagine how horrible that would be?

It sounds like you like green as much a I do though... If the colour chosen was green I certainly wouldn't have a problem. I think at least 50% of my clothes are green

Nope. I was hit by an actual piece of the pinata. It was a homemade one with *many* layers of glue paste/newspaper over the wire design. When it dried it resembled a rock being quite strong and sturdy. Nice for it your doing some intricate animal with legs or whatever that might stand on a table for a decoration, but not for smacking the bejeebers out of it.
          Ooh that sounds nasty. Probably not the best plan
          sigpic

Comment

IIRC, the backdrop color was just a coincidence, but it sure looked great with her dark hair
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              IIRC, the backdrop color was just a coincidence, but it sure looked great with her dark hair
              Mmm...darn then. That's no hint then as to what the color might be.

Hey, what about rainbow color? I'd think everyone would be happy then.

Comment

But then randoms walking by my start to wonder what we're there for... I don't know about you, but as a guy I think about these things.

Comment

Either Becks or Julia was saying that they had the option of the navy blue (like they had at AT1 and AT2) or the red. Seeing as they didn't know whether Amanda would have blonde hair or dark hair, they decided to go for red because red would look good with either hair colour whereas the navy blue would blend with the dark hair.
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

ah, good to know

and yeah, rainbow wouldn't be good.

for any that don't know, a rainbow color scheme/bar is a symbol of les/bi/gay, so we'd definitely turn a few heads
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Well I'm happy with that. There would be a few of us... but apparently not.

I would go for it though Cel
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                        Either Becks or Julia was saying that they had the option of the navy blue (like they had at AT1 and AT2) or the red. Seeing as they didn't know whether Amanda would have blonde hair or dark hair, they decided to go for red because red would look good with either hair colour whereas the navy blue would blend with the dark hair.

The red was very very good as a background but was not related to the nominated colour for the disco, just decided on as a great background for the stage setting.

So whatever colour we decide on for the Event theme/disco

(or have already decided on....hee hee...)

will not be reflected in the colour we choose/have chosen for the background to the stage. That is a separate issue.

Julia
                        G4
                        To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

ah, good to know

for any that don't know, a rainbow color scheme/bar is a symbol of les/bi/gay, so we'd definitely turn a few heads
                          I'd support it. But then, of course I would.

I cannot imagine the havoc it would play on my photos, however...

Julia...stick with the red. I shall support my peeps elsewhere.

Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
                            But then randoms walking by my start to wonder what we're there for... I don't know about you, but as a guy I think about these things.
                            Aww...

ah, good to know

We'd turn a few heads sure, but anyone confident in their
                            Spoiler:
                            sexuality
                            shouldnt have a problem with wearing it I think.

Just teasing. I understand your point. Stirring the pot is fun, but I think I'll step back lest I get splattered now...lol.

Originally posted by gater88 View Post
                            Well I'm happy with that. There would be a few of us... but apparently not.

I would go for it though Cel
                            Yeah...would have been cool. *sigh*

ETA: Yeah well, so I had a bit of thought. Three hours in the coming, but hey, I was a bit wired when I came in from work at the time and now that its worn off I'm wondering if the word I *just* put in spoilers now should have been so glaringly black and white. I forget this is a PG forum. Or even G. If you feel it should be deleted entirely (and you know who you are) go for it or just nudge me and I'll tackle it myself.
                            Last edited by Celandine; 02 October 2008, 04:06 AM. Reason: Clarity of thought :P

Comment

Days to go until AT4!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

*GiggleSQUEEEEE*

I was trying to catch up on some work at home, so I stayed off the computer... Then I jump back on to find out they've announced the date
                                I seriously just did a lap around the basement giggling...
                                I think I may make a miniVacation out of this....
                                sigpic
                                awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Working...
                                X