GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
    Be careful. I don't know if there would be time to bail you out of jail before you leave for AT5

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
    Today is my lucky day!!!!

I was getting some things rounded up for the trip to the UK. I found the little wallet/passport holder thingy I used for AT4. It had over 40 pounds in it!!!

Woohooo!!!!

I'm rich
    And here Ithought I was lucky because I won a chocolate bar at the grocery store the other day.

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
    You are sensible. Certainly don't want any digits to get frost bitten.

Sun dogs? Please splain
    Originally posted by rderoch View Post
    Now I know what ya'll are talking about. Have seen them, but never knew they had a name. I've learned something new today.
    Glad others filled you in. The Gabit thread is fun and educational!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

I have a bit of a list but it consists of the oddest things:

1) Bring blue jello
      2) Bring Tim Tams
      3) Bring curling shoes.
      Curling shoes? There are shoes for curling? Are they like bowling shoes?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by penjab View Post
        Curling shoes? There are shoes for curling? Are they like bowling shoes?
        Of course! One shoe has a gripper so you don't slide and one has a slider so you do!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          Of course! One shoe has a gripper so you don't slide and one has a slider so you do!
          Can they be rented like we can bowling shoes for a nominal fee? I feel certain I have nothing that would qualify. I definitely have some that will slide though...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by penjab View Post
            Can they be rented like we can bowling shoes for a nominal fee? I feel certain I have nothing that would qualify. I definitely have some that will slide though...
            Just wear clean tennis shoes, the grippier bottoms the better. The curling club will have sliders to use. As well as all of the equipment you need.

Comment

Question: How hot/cold are the rooms at the Ren? I'm coming from an apartment that is totally overheated 9 days out of 10, so I'm trying to figure out what kind of PJ's to pack.
              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

On our floor we had complaints about too hot and too cold... I reckon bring your flannel jamies but have a t'shirt and boxers to wear if it's too hot.
                Last edited by NZNeep; 24 January 2011, 10:52 AM.
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

there were temp controls in each room. i kept turning it down and the maid kept turning it up. no sense keeping it too warm when i wasn't in the room. the room where the q+a is was always very cold.

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                    there were temp controls in each room. i kept turning it down and the maid kept turning it up. no sense keeping it too warm when i wasn't in the room. the room where the q+a is was always very cold.
                    Totally wearing my flannel pjs to the panels. Nom.
                    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                      Question: How hot/cold are the rooms at the Ren? I'm coming from an apartment that is totally overheated 9 days out of 10, so I'm trying to figure out what kind of PJ's to pack.
                      I always found the rooms to be a bit on the cool side, but I also didn't want to turn the heat up because my roommate for 3 Gabit events was a bit of a 'reptile' - adapts to her surroundings and doesn't feel the cold. Me, I'm like "Find me some sleeves!" I think you'll be comfortable in flannels. You could always have some sort of cami top as a back-up in case your arms get too warm.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hey everyone!

*crash lands back into thread*

Sorry for the absence - was in Vegas/Area 51/the Grand Canyon/Roswell for a while there

How are plans coming along?? Unfortunately due to aforementioned trip and an imminent move to a new flat, I don't think I can afford to go on the Ripper walk, which I had hoped to do But if there's any hanging about in pubs/sightseeing/general ambling around of a cost-free nature to be done, I am there!

Comment

Hey Neep I'd pay money to see that

Comment

Originally posted by starsong101 View Post
                            Hey Neep I'd pay money to see that
                            Oh no, not again!
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

i've had tunnel vision with at5 lately and almost forgot i had a drum lesson scheduled this afternoon which i had completely forgotten to practice for. it's like all i think about. last week at choir practice i just blurted out that i was staying in a castle in ireland. i couldn't help it. i'm so excited about this trip. at least everyone got a good laugh. just over 2 weeks to go.

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                                I always found the rooms to be a bit on the cool side, but I also didn't want to turn the heat up because my roommate for 3 Gabit events was a bit of a 'reptile' - adapts to her surroundings and doesn't feel the cold. Me, I'm like "Find me some sleeves!" I think you'll be comfortable in flannels. You could always have some sort of cami top as a back-up in case your arms get too warm.
                                Won't have that problem with me as I like to be cozy. I like sleeves.

See you soon! Hooray it's nearly February and I need to think about packing.

Comment

Working...
                                X