X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
    *practices her organ skills for the funerals*

What songs do you want to go out to?

Bear in mind that I've only ever had one organ lesson in my life and it was a long time ago....
    How about..."We're here for a good time, not a long time"
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
      Uh-oh, you are indeed dead meat. ;-)

Shall we set up a paypal account for donations?

Awwww, you guys are just too generous!

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
      Uh oh...uhm Tracy...how fast can you run???
      You're a lot braver than me!!

First time I heard of it...but how sweet is that!!! Did anyone take any pictures??? I would have loved to have seen other airport patrons' faces...what a classic!!!
      I don't *do* running. I stand and smirk and wait for the impact of that lead piping. In the library. By Mrs H.

I sadly didn't get photos. I was in absolute shock! By the time I'd recovered, the wigs had disappeared. And yes, when I got my wig out and joined them, there were indeed some interesting "looks".

Bear in mind that I've only ever had one organ lesson in my life and it was a long time ago....
      I was going to ask for something like the Doctor Who theme tune, just so everyone can practise their spiffy con dancing moves. Or perhaps "I'm Not Dead Yet" from Spamalot. However, given your level of expertise, should we stick to "Three Blind Mice"?

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
      *starts on speech*

What?? I'm guessing Julia won't want to, being responsible for her death and all.
      Damn.... and Julia gives such a LOVELY speech. And I tell you now, if one person yells "TROLLOP" from the congregation, I shall have to haunt you!

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
      Hey Tracy, just wondered do you want the trollop outfit buried with you?

*runs from Tracy*
      *Tilts Head* I was thinking of having it enshrined in a glass case for all eternity. But your idea works as well.

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
      Ooooh, good thinking, batman!

-----

Anyone feel this conversation is getting a little out of hand?

MANDY! Aren't you supposed to be keeping everyone calm? Stop planning my funeral and get BACK here, woman!
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Lol, I know Chopsticks....
        And Canon in D, but I only know how to play it in the key of C...

Does that help?
        sigpic
        awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
          Lol, I know Chopsticks....
          And Canon in D, but I only know how to play it in the key of C...

Does that help?
          Do you realise how much that last comment made me snort? "Canon in D but I only know howto play in the key of C".... that's just PRICELESS.
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
            Awwww, you guys are just too generous!

I don't *do* running. I stand and smirk and wait for the impact of that lead piping. In the library. By Mrs H.

I sadly didn't get photos. I was in absolute shock! By the time I'd recovered, the wigs had disappeared. And yes, when I got my wig out and joined them, there were indeed some interesting "looks".

I was going to ask for something like the Doctor Who theme tune, just so everyone can practise their spiffy con dancing moves. Or perhaps "I'm Not Dead Yet" from Spamalot. However, given your level of expertise, should we stick to "Three Blind Mice"?

Damn.... and Julia gives such a LOVELY speech. And I tell you now, if one person yells "TROLLOP" from the congregation, I shall have to haunt you!

*Tilts Head* I was thinking of having it enshrined in a glass case for all eternity. But your idea works as well.

Ooooh, good thinking, batman!

-----

Anyone feel this conversation is getting a little out of hand?

MANDY! Aren't you supposed to be keeping everyone calm? Stop planning my funeral and get BACK here, woman!
            It seems keeping this lot calm, is a lost cause

...and hey, Tittamiire said Funerals, that's my song, you have to come up with your own
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
              Do you realise how much that last comment made me snort? "Canon in D but I only know howto play in the key of C".... that's just PRICELESS.
              lol, yup that's pretty much the only way I know how to play it... I'm sure I could just move my fingers over a key, but then the black keys just kinda elude me.... And then it sounds like play one note, look at keys find next note, plunk finger down.... and repeat....
              sigpic
              awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                Speaking of dreams, I had one last night that might interest y'all.
                I walked into a room (to do something unrelated), and saw on the tv an advert announcing the dates of AT5 (June 2011)! Can we take this as a sign? Hmmmm......
                Are you a precog, Ames? You do realize if you give one of the G4 a heart attack by making such a pronouncement that AT4 probably will take a heck of a lot longer to plan... or it could even be canceled!

*takes off stern hat to grin*

Tracy, I'd volunteer to sing at your funeral, but I'll be on another continent when it takes place. I'd even make an effort to stay on key.
                sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                  or it could even be canceled!
                  BITE YOUR TONGUE, WOMAN!

Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                    So....uhm...just out of curiosity...when do you think the next Gabit event will be held...as in which month....and why??? snipped
                    If I could choose...I would have loved to have seen it happen in August/September in 2010...a selfish reason...I wanted to celebrate my 40th over there...if only to peeve a certain few people off!!!
                    I am assuming late 2009 (depending on Amanda's schedule, whether she gets pregnant, etc.).

BUT...I think "2010" would be an appropriate year, don't you?
                    Welcome to MY life!

Comment

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
                      BITE YOUR TONGUE, WOMAN!

I feel appropriately chastised.

Not.
                      sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                      May we all be so well loved.

Comment

*giggle*
                        Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                          Are you a precog, Ames? You do realize if you give one of the G4 a heart attack by making such a pronouncement that AT4 probably will take a heck of a lot longer to plan... or it could even be canceled!

*takes off stern hat to grin*

Tracy, I'd volunteer to sing at your funeral, but I'll be on another continent when it takes place. I'd even make an effort to stay on key.
                          Not that I know of, although that might explain a few oddities

...and it def wasn't my intention to cause any grief (Note: keep breathing, keep breathing!!!) -- just sharing the ramblings of my subconsciousness

Although I'm really hoping the fact that it was AT5, and not AT4, isn't me trying to tell myself something
                          ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                          ames on facebook
                          ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                            The Olympics are the only sporting event I watch. LOVE THEM! And as much as I love to see the Americans do well, and get goosebumpy when the anthem plays, I cheer for everyone there. I love to see the countries that have never won, get a medal. Or to watch the parade and see a lone representative from some country I've never even heard of. For me, the greatest moment of all time was the last summer games: There was a guy from an African nation (don't remember which one now). He had trained in the pool at the hotel he worked at. He was obviously totally out of his league and there was serious concern he might drown, he was so out of condition and his "style" was so poor. But he refused to quit. He was going to finish the race. The other athletes had already left the pool, but all of them stayed to cheer him on. The entire audience was on their feet cheering. I'm getting teary-eyed just writing this. It's the moments when everyone forgets where they're from, or what differences we may have, and simply supports a fellow human being.

If only the world could live as if the Olympics were occuring every day.

And actually, this isn't that far OT. Isn't that what GABIT is all about? Bringing together people from around the world with a shared passion?

Originally posted by ames View Post
                            If you inserted 'Canadians', those words could have been snatched directly from me I totally agree. I love the Olympics for so many reasons, but the main one would be the sportsmanship bringing together disparate nations, seemingly leaving global politics at the door. Competitiveness, definitely, but *usually* not nastiness.

And well done on bringing it back on-topic The comparison is def true though - bringing people from all over to one spot to relish together a common appreciation!
                            Way to try to keep this on topic girls.

I agree with you on both counts. There was an incident in the last summer Olympics where a Canadian sailor stopped to save another competitor whose boat capsized which cost him any chance at a medal. That's what it all should really be about. (I won't get into how I think we are actually getting further away from those kinds of things and how the Olympics is becoming more about money, cheating, etc -- that's way OT).

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                              Way to try to keep this on topic girls.

I agree with you on both counts. There was an incident in the last summer Olympics where a Canadian sailor stopped to save another competitor whose boat capsized which cost him any chance at a medal. That's what it all should really be about. .
                              Not watching the Olympics, but I nearly cry every time they play that commercial about the runner who comes in dead last because of an injury, and his dad comes out and runs with him the last few meters...
                              Welcome to MY life!

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                                The Olympics are the only sporting event I watch. LOVE THEM! And as much as I love to see the Americans do well, and get goosebumpy when the anthem plays, I cheer for everyone there. I love to see the countries that have never won, get a medal. Or to watch the parade and see a lone representative from some country I've never even heard of. For me, the greatest moment of all time was the last summer games: There was a guy from an African nation (don't remember which one now). He had trained in the pool at the hotel he worked at. He was obviously totally out of his league and there was serious concern he might drown, he was so out of condition and his "style" was so poor. But he refused to quit. He was going to finish the race. The other athletes had already left the pool, but all of them stayed to cheer him on. The entire audience was on their feet cheering. I'm getting teary-eyed just writing this. It's the moments when everyone forgets where they're from, or what differences we may have, and simply supports a fellow human being.
                                I remember that and IIRC he was nicknamed Eric the Eel.

A bit like the UK's Eddie the Eagle in the ski jumping event.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X