Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
    Hey everyone, just got back from Toronto and the Me So Lovely play

I have to say it was very inspiring, what an awesome play Julia R wrote, and seeing it performed was fabulous. What made it even more special was being one of the crew and being able to help out, and find out what really happens back stage Mini was an awesome director, and I have to say that our very own samcarterrules (Julia) appearance touched everyone I'll let Julia tell you about her appearance

What was funny, was poor Strix also volunteered to help and thought she'd be passing out pamphlets....little did she know she'd be shanghai'd into working the lights and video affects. To say she was a little nervous would be an understatement...I was worried that things might start to be thrown out the window of the A/V booth (which is above the audience) But alas Strix mangaed very well

Another fun part was running into all the Samandans and Mumsey and Becky have added on to their charm bracelets which was very lovely. We did try to pry out of Julia R when AT4 would be, some tried using booze, I tried our Canadain secret weapon, guaranteed to get anyone talking....

Spoiler:
    TimBits!

but alas, all I could get out of her was, "Don't worry, everything is under control" I know, everyone wants to know, but they are busy right now with other things, but have not forgotten their duty, so we just have to be patient (I know that's hard on some of us ) and wait for word.

So ends my little update
    Excellent! Very glad to hear the play was a success and everyone had fun. samcarterrules (Julia) Looking forward to hearing about your performance

Comment

Just got back from Toronto. Got to see Me So Lovely!!! What an AMAZING show!!!!! It was fabulous!!! So well written, directed and acted. So very proud of Julia! What an amazing talent to have written something so touching and meaningful for women everywhere. It is a very important and vital piece of work. I truly hope that when comes anywhere near you are able to see it....it's worth a trip to see. And our own Samcarterrules (JuliaS)!! What an awesome job...applause to you my dear!!!! Great job!

So many Samandan's in the crew! As Mandy said. Strix did a marvelous job as did ShimmeringStar, also, Leisl, Sue, & Jenn (all from Gabit). Plus alot of others I know I'm missing. As Julia said it was a world wide effort.

It was a great first trip to Canada.
      sigpic

otoole/Erin

Comment

I have to say it was very inspiring, what an awesome play Julia R wrote, and seeing it performed was fabulous. What made it even more special was being one of the crew and being able to help out, and find out what really happens back stage Mini was an awesome director, and I have to say that our very own samcarterrules (Julia) appearance touched everyone I'll let Julia tell you about her appearance

What was funny, was poor Strix also volunteered to help and thought she'd be passing out pamphlets....little did she know she'd be shanghai'd into working the lights and video affects. To say she was a little nervous would be an understatement...I was worried that things might start to be thrown out the window of the A/V booth (which is above the audience) But alas Strix mangaed very well

Another fun part was running into all the Samandans and Mumsey and Becky have added on to their charm bracelets which was very lovely. We did try to pry out of Julia R when AT4 would be, some tried using booze, I tried our Canadain secret weapon, guaranteed to get anyone talking....

Spoiler:
        TimBits!

but alas, all I could get out of her was, "Don't worry, everything is under control" I know, everyone wants to know, but they are busy right now with other things, but have not forgotten their duty, so we just have to be patient (I know that's hard on some of us ) and wait for word.

So ends my little update
        Thanks Mands for letting us know how it went

I'd love to see the show myself. I hope, as the website suggests, that it will do the rounds in London UK as well.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
          Really? Hmm...I haven't started yet...in fact I don't even have a bag yet....

*squeeee*
          I have too many! YIPES.

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
          At least you have your passport
          Me too!

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
          I heart Canada too...I heart the world!!!
          You have a big heart!

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
          Long story short.
          Good grief! *goes cross-eyed*
          Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
            Thanks Mands for letting us know how it went

I'd love to see the show myself. I hope, as the website suggests, that it will do the rounds in London UK as well.
            Me too! I hope I get to see it one day.

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
            I have too many! YIPES.
            I have a bag now...unfortunately its full of my Dads stuff....parents!
            sigpic
            Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
            My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Way OT but just had to mention it here...I was watching the Olympics today...something I don't normally do...
              Spoiler:
              but I was watching the Aussies and the Chinese receive gold medals and I couldn't help but feel totally proud of all the teams. I mean there was the Americans accepting a bronze and the Chinese got a silver and they were just so proud
              ...and rightfully so.
              I love hearing our national anthem play as we receive yet another medal but I can't help but smile and be proud of all the athletes that are competing and winning for their respective nations. I'm not a sports buff or what not but it just makes me happy to watch someone be rewarded for what would have to be a lifetimes work and effort in their chosen sport.
              So I hope your countries are doing you all proud. I'm proud to be an Australian and proud of my country men and women who are representing our nation...just as I am proud of all the other nations.
              Ok...that was it...just had to say that.
              So....uhm...just out of curiosity...when do you think the next Gabit event will be held...as in which month....and why???
              Also, if you could choose when to hold the next event, when would you like to see it happen?
              For me, I'm guessing the next event will be held around October/November next year. I can't remember how or where I heard/read something about it maybe being held at that time as it was to be about 18 months after AT3...or something along those lines...but I figure if it follows suit like AT2 - AT3 then that works.
              If I could choose...I would have loved to have seen it happen in August/September in 2010...a selfish reason...I wanted to celebrate my 40th over there...if only to peeve a certain few people off!!!
              Ideally I would like it to be in an off peak season too...travel expenses are lessened that way!!!
              Last edited by Chelle DB; 14 August 2008, 07:33 PM.
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Way OT but just had to mention it here...I was watching the Olympics today...something I don't normally do...but I was watching the Aussies and the Chinese receive gold medals and I couldn't help but feel totally proud of all the teams. I mean there was the Americans accepting a bronze and the Chinese got a silver and they were just so proud...and rightfully so.
                I love hearing our national anthem play as we receive yet another medal but I can't help but smile and be proud of all the athletes that are competing and winning for their respective nations. I'm not a sports buff or what not but it just makes me happy to watch someone be rewarded for what would have to be a lifetimes work and effort in their chosen sport.
                So I hope your countries are doing you all proud. I'm proud to be an Australian and proud of my country men and women who are representing our nation...just as I am proud of all the other nations.
                So....uhm...just out of curiosity...when do you think the next Gabit event will be held...as in which month....and why???
                Also, if you could choose when to hold the next event, when would you like to see it happen?
                For me, I'm guessing the next event will be held around October/November next year. I can't remember how or where I heard/read something about it maybe being held at that time as it was to be about 18 months after AT3...or something along those lines...but I figure if it follows suit like AT2 - AT3 then that works.
                If I could choose...I would have loved to have seen it happen in August/September in 2010...a selfish reason...I wanted to celebrate my 40th over there...if only to peeve a certain few people off!!!
                Ideally I would like it to be in an off peak season too...travel expenses are lessened that way!!!
                I'm a major sports buff (to use your own words) so I've been watching the Olympics from day one. There's always a certain amount of national pride with this event of course though like you I recognize hard work and the talent of other nations so I applaud just as much when they get up on that podium to receive their medals as the Americans cos its just so rightly deserved.

I'm hoping Chicago wins the bid for the 2016 Olympics just so I can take part in the festivity of it all and see a few events live rather than from the comfort of my couch. Personally, I think it would be a once in a lifetime event and something definitely to remember.

Not sure when AT4 will happen. I can definitely tell you it wont be in April though! Amanda will be headlining a Creation con in Vancouver then..hehe. If I had to throw in a guess, I'd say September 2009, but that would depend on her filming schedule for Sanctuary.

Does anyone know what months she's busy with this?

Comment

September is a good month...but still on peak travel times...October is good...November even better!!
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I'm hoping for october And there's 1 weekend in november I really hope it won't be, cause I have an important performance with my orchestra, and if I cancel that ... I won't be making friends. And the orchestra is very important to me too .... A well, a 1 in 52 chance right? Lol.
                    sigpic

Comment

And then you met the Canada-haters and everything went down hill.
                      Yup. Fast, like a toboggan on an icy run!

Spoiler:
                      TimBits!

So ends my little update
                      thanks for the report. Glad everything went so well. Is Mumsey avoiding the skeeters?

*blinks*

There are Canada-haters?

No accounting for taste.

And as for the charms, they're a darling idea and I just LOVED mine.
                      Nope, I didn't!

And actually, there ARE Canada-haters...moreso than just the weather. But again...no accounting for taste.

I heart Canada.
                      Heart ya back!

Please provide their names and addresses in order that we may write them each a polite letter inquiring as to why.

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                      I think one of my best moments of AT3 was when Starflight found Antoas poster...I was so flaming relieved! Also...it meant I could stop looking under odd items of furniture.
                      And in bathrooms!

Long story short. A group of us drove from Michigan to Toronto to see Amanda in VM. The drive back was a harrowing ordeal. What would normally take 5 hours, took 26. After 10 hours on the road, we had to get a room overnight, because all the highways were closed. So, I had Tshirts made for each of us with "I survived..." and the date and the comment "friggin igloo". We wore our shirts for our pics with Amanda and told her how long it took us to get home. Since she went to school in Windsor, she knew how long it would normally take. She loved the shirts and thought they were very funny. We had her autograph them the next. day.

I totally heart Canada and it's people. And living in Michigan, I know winter can be nasty, but this trip was ridiculously nasty. We just had to commemorate a rather memorable trip. But, when EH-T and some of the other Canadian folks saw them (not knowing the story), they wanted to know why we hated Canada. After we explained they understood.
                      Aw shucks, we love you too!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Way OT but just had to mention it here...I was watching the Olympics today...something I don't normally do...but I was watching the Aussies and the Chinese receive gold medals and I couldn't help but feel totally proud of all the teams. I mean there was the Americans accepting a bronze and the Chinese got a silver and they were just so proud...and rightfully so.
                        The Olympics are the only sporting event I watch. LOVE THEM! And as much as I love to see the Americans do well, and get goosebumpy when the anthem plays, I cheer for everyone there. I love to see the countries that have never won, get a medal. Or to watch the parade and see a lone representative from some country I've never even heard of. For me, the greatest moment of all time was the last summer games: There was a guy from an African nation (don't remember which one now). He had trained in the pool at the hotel he worked at. He was obviously totally out of his league and there was serious concern he might drown, he was so out of condition and his "style" was so poor. But he refused to quit. He was going to finish the race. The other athletes had already left the pool, but all of them stayed to cheer him on. The entire audience was on their feet cheering. I'm getting teary-eyed just writing this. It's the moments when everyone forgets where they're from, or what differences we may have, and simply supports a fellow human being.

If only the world could live as if the Olympics were occuring every day.

And actually, this isn't that far OT. Isn't that what GABIT is all about? Bringing together people from around the world with a shared passion?

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                        I'm a major sports buff (to use your own words) so I've been watching the Olympics from day one. There's always a certain amount of national pride with this event of course though like you I recognize hard work and the talent of other nations so I applaud just as much when they get up on that podium to receive their medals as the Americans cos its just so rightly deserved.

I'm hoping Chicago wins the bid for the 2016 Olympics just so I can take part in the festivity of it all and see a few events live rather than from the comfort of my couch. Personally, I think it would be a once in a lifetime event and something definitely to remember.

Not sure when AT4 will happen. I can definitely tell you it wont be in April though! Amanda will be headlining a Creation con in Vancouver then..hehe. If I had to throw in a guess, I'd say September 2009, but that would depend on her filming schedule for Sanctuary.

Does anyone know what months she's busy with this?
                        Chicago would rock!
                        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                        William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                        Anon

Comment

I'm quietly and secretly hoping for October half term so that I don't have to race back to Dunstable on the Sunday evening. That would probably make life easier for Julia as well, seeing as she works in a school and would have to have less time off work.

I heard a rumour that they were looking at the autumn, but that was back in May when dates were just being thrown around.

Ultimately it depends on many things: Amanda's schedule, hotel availability, G4 availability and so on. Yes, it would be a heck of a lot more expensive to run Gabit in the summer (hotel prices, flight costs, generally everything) BUT, if that was the only time it could be run, I'm sure the G4 would shuffle the budget and allow for it.
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I would love the 23th-24th-25th of october since the 26th is my birthday *grins*
                            Couldn't imagine a better gift.

Comment

I love the Olympics, especially the ParaOlympics(sp?)

As for AT4, somewhere around September 21 would be really cool b/c that's my birthday.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by sofie View Post
                                I would love the 23th-24th-25th of october since the 26th is my birthday *grins*
                                Couldn't imagine a better gift.
                                That's my birthday too!
                                Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                                William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                                Anon

Comment

Working...
                                X