GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
    You're fine Celandine. It'll all start on Saturday morning. It's just the cocktail party on the Friday evening.

You don't have to be dressy for the disco unless you want to be

Found a pic from AT2 and you can see everyone is quite casual with little touches here and there. And I can definitely see lights. Erm I think the leisure suit is a case of to each her own

Spoiler:
    aww those condances *grins*
    I'm looking forward to seeing you all doing those again, very entertaining

Comment

Originally posted by sofie View Post
      aww those condances *grins*
      I'm looking forward to seeing you all doing those again, very entertaining
      lol. The fun's in the doing

*is wondering if I can remember the moves to Starrr trekking across the universe.......*
      sigpic

Comment

*is wondering if I can remember the moves to Starrr trekking across the universe.......*
        That's too funny..."moves to Star Trekkin'" I say this because I've been cleaning out my closets and going though pictures and memorabilia of my life and I found a letter from a best friend where she referenced that she would be teaching me the moves to Star Trekkin. I don't recall ever being taught, so I just sent her a letter telling her that she owes me...so maybe before the con, she can remember said moves! LOL

S

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
          Am tweaking away.

Will try and post the provisional itinerary within the next ten days or so.
          Can tell you all that the morning Q&A's start at around 9 am in the mornings.

Apart from the Cocktail party on Friday night for Charmed pass holders there is the Red themed disco on Saturday night for all attendees.

The charity tea: A raffle where there are four prizes. Essentially four lucky people win Sunday afternoon tea with Amanda. Tickets available until Saturday lunchtime, for weekend ticket holders only (not day passes).

Back to tweaking...

Julia
          G4
          Thank you and SkyDiver for the info! Now, I have to find something fun in red. If I don't have to dress up, you will be seeing me in jeans!

S

Comment

They didn't by any chance have booze readily available did they

*wonders how much booze it would take to get Jan in there?*
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

You're fine Celandine. It'll all start on Saturday morning. It's just the cocktail party on the Friday evening.

Found a pic from AT2 and you can see everyone is quite casual with little touches here and there. And I can definitely see lights. Erm I think the leisure suit is a case of to each her own

Spoiler:
              This pic is hilarious! I've never danced sitting down.

Oh and thanks for showing me cos now I know my jeans will do just fine. Just gotta fine a cool red shirt.

As to the Star Trekkin' dance...is there any right way? I've seen it done with 5 or 6 different moves at least. Case in point...just do a search in youtube.

Comment

oh you can...it's like falling off a bike, something you never forget

Originally posted by sclairef99 View Post
                Thank you and SkyDiver for the info! Now, I have to find something fun in red. If I don't have to dress up, you will be seeing me in jeans!

S
                I (used to) have a hideous bright red trouser suit that I have to see if I gave away to charity, I suspect I did, but if I can find it it'll be perfect *g*

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                This pic is hilarious! I've never danced sitting down.

Oh and thanks for showing me cos now I know my jeans will do just fine. Just gotta fine a cool red shirt.

As to the Star Trekkin' dance...is there any right way? I've seen it done with 5 or 6 different moves at least. Case in point...just do a search in youtube.
                never done the rowing boat song? *looks horrified*

And the only right way to the Star Trekking dance is drunk/hyper and very very silly! I love that dance, used to do it at school discos when I was tiny, then did it at Star Trek conventions as a teenager and now Stargate conventions
                sigpic
                Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                  They didn't by any chance have booze readily available did they

*wonders how much booze it would take to get Jan in there?*
                  I seem to recall a table of some kind...

That's okay though, someone has to keep hold of my camera and manage to take incriminating evidence
                  sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm playing catch up

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                    I'm also going to make AT3...thanks to Celandine *g*

At first I didn't think I could make it cos I was going to be in Colorado until May 10th, but USCIS removed the ten days grace from my Visa so I get kicked out of the country on the 30th April....then I decided to go to GC in vancouver so didn't think I could afford it...but turns out I have a fairy godmother who grants wishes...known as Cel who rocks my penguin covered socks!

And Eve says I can crash her room...she also rocks...but a different pair of socks.

So all I have to do is get down there, speaking of which is anyone heading down from the north of England that I could travel with? I'll chip in for petrol money naturally if anyone is coming by car....or just meeting up on the same train or bus...I just like company is all

*bounces excitedly around the room and scares her room mates*

And on another note...my family are going to slap me lol...I get home on the 28th April after not seeing them for six months and then sod off to come out with you guys for the first few days of May *g*

*continues bouncing*
                    Tittamiire and Celandine that's so great you can both come to AT3!

Spoiler:
                    OK I have a question, in your photo PengYn, why is everyone sitting on the floor? What are they doing?

Julia(samcarterrules)
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

I've started a packing list. It's already 3 pages long and I keep remembering more to add. *sigh*

Hopefully my roller, a duffle and my lappy/camera backpack (which should be arriving in the mail) will be enough. *fingers crossed*

I so do not have enough time to do everything that I need to. Me thinks I will be hemming my cocktail outfit on the plane or in the lobby Friday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                        I've started a packing list. It's already 3 pages long and I keep remembering more to add. *sigh*

Hopefully my roller, a duffle and my lappy/camera backpack (which should be arriving in the mail) will be enough. *fingers crossed*

I so do not have enough time to do everything that I need to. Me thinks I will be hemming my cocktail outfit on the plane or in the lobby Friday morning.
                        Me too!! The list keeps growing and when I look at the suitcase it shrinks. Have you read the thread on the Gabit site about Heathrow? That's a bit scary. I'm not flying British. I'm flying United but the baggage issue is a concern. Uhh..
                        sigpic

otoole/Erin

Comment

Originally posted by Erin13 View Post
                          Me too!! The list keeps growing and when I look at the suitcase it shrinks. Have you read the thread on the Gabit site about Heathrow? That's a bit scary. I'm not flying British. I'm flying United but the baggage issue is a concern. Uhh..
                          Yes, I have read that. Luckily I am flying American Airlines, so hopefully I'll be OK. I am still paranoid about checking bags, so I am going to stuff as much into my carry-on as I possibly can (like my outfit for the cocktail party and my stuff to autograph).

In other news, I just recieved word about the remainder of my bonus. Sweet. It's enough to pay for my trip! I might have to splurge on an aution item.

Comment

yes, NEVER put anythig of value in your checked bags. stuff does 'disappear' and no one knows where it goes

if you can, put one day's lothes and anything irreplacable in your carry on, that includes all electronics and your stuff to be signed.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                              Yes, I have read that. Luckily I am flying American Airlines, so hopefully I'll be OK. I am still paranoid about checking bags, so I am going to stuff as much into my carry-on as I possibly can (like my outfit for the cocktail party and my stuff to autograph).

In other news, I just recieved word about the remainder of my bonus. Sweet. It's enough to pay for my trip! I might have to splurge on an aution item.
                              You lucky dog you!!! I'm hoping there might be something at the auction that my melting plastic (aka credit card) can handle. Boy the exchange rate su** is awful right now...

Yes, I'll be stuffing as much as possible into the carryon. It's a good thing that it's actually a "rollon".... haha..
                              sigpic

otoole/Erin

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                                oh you can...it's like falling off a bike, something you never forget

And the only right way to the Star Trekking dance is drunk/hyper and very very silly! I love that dance, used to do it at school discos when I was tiny, then did it at Star Trek conventions as a teenager and now Stargate conventions

Ok, so how does one do the Star Trekkin' dance???
                                ...b/c inquiring minds wish to know.
                                ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                                ames on facebook
                                ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Working...
                                X