GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by becky_preen

like the idea of the sam jack picture huh?
    )

Becks
    Yeahsureyabetcha!
    sigpic

Comment

there is a machine in the hotel foyer and there is also a petrol station close by which will no doubt have one ( we'll check that out for you and let you know after the 10th October).

Becks
      Cheers Becky. I think I will probably bring any money I have with me, but it's good to know there's some machines around just in case!

As for the Sam/Jack wedding photo, well, it's one of those classic SG moments isn't it?
      LizWhite.net

Comment

Wow you guys are active... well we've been busy ourselves )

I can now reveal the details of my little hints about the goodies that will be on offer at GABIT.... here's the announcement from legends.

see, see told you so!

Becks
        Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This all sounds fantastic Becky! Thank you and Paul so much. I am really looking forward to meeting Paul and Gang at Gabit. I have had a couple of dealings with them and they were so pleasant to deal with.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rune

Just wondering here, but seeing as we can only buy with cash it might be an idea if we can find out where the closest ATM is, I'm not sure whether the hotel wlll have one of other cash facilities but if not there's bound to be one at a supermarket or something similar close by .

*SQUEEE!*
          This sounds like fantastic fun. I honestly can't wait!
          Not to worry ... I'm sure there will be more than one ATM close by ... I just got back from Poland and our tour director advised that we forget the Traveler's Cheques and use the local ATMs and it was a great convenience.

Prediction: the wedding pic will be a "hot item" for sure! I hope Amanda has a good laugh at that as we know her heart was never quite sold on the whole S/J Forever idea ... Paul better bring some piccis of Pete too! (Ducks as items start getting thrown across the room ...)

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS

*Raises hand * Me (and Hubs) !
            I loved the show,and all the nuttiness.I found the WW1 Blackadder Goes Forth series end to be really poignant,though.
            Yes a raised hairs on back of neck moment!!

Blackadder the second was my fave!

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. I suspect 1speed and I will be arriving late thurs afternoon sometime

Comment

To follow Coley's post regarding arrivals, I will be flying in to Heathrow early Thursday morning. My daughter will be coming to airport to pick me up as she will be flying to England in beginning of week to visit a friend.

Also looking forward to meeting all of you fellow S/Amanda fans!

Not sure about Coley's and 1speed's estimated time of arrival though as they may be traveling a bit slower than most ...

On second thought, 1speed looks like he's outpacing the Royal Accountant (Coley)!
              Last edited by ChopinGal; 30 September 2005, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                I will too Gatebee. I think Baggie will look fabulous in it!
                Originally posted by gatebee
                I will have my camera all ready to record for posterity the great Baggie
                ROTFL...nice try Kliggs and gatebee ! The chances of me appearing wearing a Chicken Suit,or anything of a novelty value nature are non-existant.

I can now reveal the details of my little hints about the goodies that will be on offer at GABIT.... here's the announcement from legends.
                Woo-Hoo ! Quite a list of goodies on offer.Thanks and mega-hugs to you all and Paul/Legends !
                I'm hoping to afford a mini-Stargate,maybe a script,and CJ and TR photos, but my priority will be any new or old "Sam" pics...wow ! So much to browse avidly,and buy, for everyone .
                I'm so glad I began saving hard,months ago.My daughter wants the AU S/J wedding pic,and my son is trying to talk me into buying the dog-tags and patches !
                Originally posted by Coley
                Yes a raised hairs on back of neck moment!!
                Agreed ! I admit I was really gutted that they all ended that way.Comedy,pathos,tragedy in one wonderfully written and acted episode.

Blackadder the second was my fave!
                Ours too ,but it's hard for me to choose,as I thoroughly loved it all ,especially the end credits and antics ! My favourite characters were Baldrick,Melchett ,and of course Edmund himself .
                Both I and Hubs are really looking forward to meeting you and 1speed4Sam at Gabit..
                If you arrive on the transport illustrated by CG...then you deserve medals for bravery ,lol !
                (Bath Road is a nightmare for anything slower than a motorbike ,according to reports !)
                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

+++++++
                  FROM PAUL BROWN : Legends Memorabilia

It is with great pleasure that Legends Memorabilia announces that we
                  have accepted an invitation to come to London with Amanda in support
                  of the forthcoming GABIT event.

For your viewing pleasure, we shall be bringing a wonderful assortment
                  of Amanda's costumes and props, as well as items from the other stars
                  of the show: Richard Dean Anderson, Michael Shanks, Christopher Judge,
                  Teryl Rothery and Don S. Davis. Several of these items will also be
                  available for sale exclusively to GABIT attendees.

In addition to props and costumes, we also plan to bring you a superb
                  variety of Stargate merchandise including:

• Great selection of photos, including our NEW licensed range of
                  Amanda's 'Femmes Fatales' photos (exclusive release at GABIT!)
                  • NEW mini Stargate
                  • Laser etched glass Stargate and coaster sets
                  • NEW Miniature Jaffa Serpent Head
                  • Studio concept art prints
                  • NEW Stargate 'photo boxes'
                  • Episode photo proof sheets
                  • Autographed photos of all of the Stargate cast members
                  • Scripts and Shooting Schedules
                  • NEW framed 'Iris' presentation (containing a piece of the actual
                  Stargate iris!)
                  • Dog tags, SGC patches and other small collectibles
                  • THE wedding photo of Jack and Sam (another exclusive release at
                  GABIT!)
                  .......Plus several more surprises!

If you have been to the last two Gatecon events, then you already know
                  that when Legends Memorabilia attends a Stargate event, we do it in
                  style! This will be our first ever event in the UK and we look forward
                  to meeting those of you have been unable to come to Vancouver. Please
                  be sure to drop by and say hello, we really do enjoy meeting the fans
                  of Stargate!

Please note: As we are a Canadian company, we regret that we will be
                  unable to accept credit cards in the UK. Therefore all sales will be
                  cash only. You will find that our items are very reasonably priced,
                  but if your purchases exceed the amount of cash you have on hand, then
                  special payment arrangements can be made.

Paul Brown
                  Legends
                  ++++++++++++

see, see told you so!

Becks
                  I'm intrested in the dogtags and maybe the 'IRIS' Presentation! ::fingers crossed that i can get them...

28 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yes,Ma'am ! 4 weeks to go...I wonder if the Studio Concept art prints are of things like the Ships and Cities in the show ?
                    *Runs away to have a quiet "Squeeeee"*

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                      Both I and Hubs are really looking forward to meeting you and 1speed4Sam at Gabit..
                      If you arrive on the transport illustrated by CG...then you deserve medals for bravery ,lol !
                      (Bath Road is a nightmare for anything slower than a motorbike ,according to reports !)
                      we should have a whale of a time!!

1speed and I are known for exploring the countryside on our mountainbikes. However we wil be heading down to GABIT via speedier method - or we'd have to take a whole week off work to get down by bike!!

On my want list is a small "Stargate" keyring. Is there such a thing?

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                        To follow Coley's post regarding arrivals, I will be flying in to Heathrow early Thursday morning. My daughter will be coming to airport to pick me up as she will be flying to England in beginning of week to visit a friend.

Also looking forward to meeting all of you fellow S/Amanda fans!

Not sure about Coley's and 1speed's estimated time of arrival though as they may be traveling a bit slower than most ...

On second thought, 1speed looks like he's outpacing the Royal Accountant (Coley)!

Yes you need to transpose the figures! 1speed's handlebars look exactly like those of the skirt's bike and I've been threatening to buy him a basket for Christmas

Comment

Yes you need to transpose the figures! 1speed's handlebars look exactly like those of the skirt's bike and I've been threatening to buy him a basket for Christmas
                          LOL Ah, poor man! Methinks he's a bit "head-over-heels" about Amanda though ...

Comment

we should have a whale of a time!!
                            Absolutely !
                            1speed and I are known for exploring the countryside on our mountainbikes. However we wil be heading down to GABIT via speedier method - or we'd have to take a whole week off work to get down by bike!!
                            Despite your cycling prowess,then I assume "the train's taking the strain" ?
                            Ow. Showing my age a bit there repeating that old slogan!
                            (Or a coach,plane,..whatever it takes, lol, to get you both down here on time ! )
                            On my want list is a small "Stargate" keyring. Is there such a thing?
                            I saw several SG keyrings advertised on official sites and Hubs wanted one from e-bay.I'm wondering if there'll be any at Gabit ,amongst the "small collectibles".

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...urityGuard.jpg[
                            LOL ! Very good punning ,CG !

BTW,any of you who belong to the Yahoo Gabit Events group ...go look.

Comment

Nice CG Nice!!

Comment

OK, is today "World Have-A-Go-At-1speed Day" or summat?

Comment

Working...
                                X