No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I LOVE Karaoke, it's SO much fun. Especially when no one can sing! The whole group of us from last year's AT2 were such cool people it would just be a blast and a half to get silly like that with everyone. No judgements, just pure hilarity! I'd even be happy to have some theatre sports olympics afterward for anyone who's still standing! Drunken theatre sports are THE. MOST. FUN. EVER. (Think they'd mind us setting up in the lobby? lol ) (ducking!)

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
      I have a feeling that could be easily beaten. I think it would have to be something slightly more obscure like "Most number of inebriated con goers singing Aqua's Barbie Girl whilst wearing Chopstick Hats signed by a celebrity".
      You will take care to provide those, right??

Comment

Sequined chopstick hats I can provide. The celebrity bit, however....
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
          I think GABIT needs a North American chapter... you know, so that Julia & co. can get on with their maniacal plans for world domination?

mg
          LMAO... I'm sure the G4 are just gonna love being described as maniacal! Does anyone else have a "Pinky and the Brain" kind of image in thier head right now?

"So what are we going to do tonight, Bwain?" "The same thing we do every night, Pinky, we're going to take over the world!"
          Sorry... the drugs holding the worst of con crud at bay are obviously affecting me... Hehe.

AT4- coming in 2009

'Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.' - General MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by Kelspook View Post
            LMAO... I'm sure the G4 are just gonna love being described as maniacal! Does anyone else have a "Pinky and the Brain" kind of image in thier head right now?
            Yeah, actually. I'm seeing Julia and Becks! ROFL. Thank you Kel!

Sorry... the drugs holding the worst of con crud at bay are obviously affecting me... Hehe.
            *huggles favourite medic* You poor babe
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelspook View Post

Awwwww. That just doesn't seem fair, the paramedic gets con crud.

Hugs and feel better soon.
              sigpic

Comment

I LOVE Karaoke, it's SO much fun. Especially when no one can sing! The whole group of us from last year's AT2 were such cool people it would just be a blast and a half to get silly like that with everyone. No judgements, just pure hilarity! I'd even be happy to have some theatre sports olympics afterward for anyone who's still standing! Drunken theatre sports are THE. MOST. FUN. EVER. (Think they'd mind us setting up in the lobby? lol ) (ducking!)
                I'm up for the karaoke! And the hotel lobby is perfect...what!? they didn't like us moving the chairs around??
                In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                Hic Comitas Regit
                Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

I think GABIT needs a North American chapter... you know, so that Julia & co. can get on with their maniacal plans for world domination?

mg
                  i suggested that, we need a US version of GABIT
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

US?! Pbbbt! Canada, baby!

Comment

Yes! Somewhere in the middle of the country to make it central to everyone.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                      Anon

Comment

Just to clarify, my initial post was meant as a silly bit of humor - I don't want to upset or offend anyone on the G4. I was being cheeky when I brought it up. If people start planning fairly specific georgraphy I think some might be taking it a bit too seriously.

Ha ha ha? Just kidding?

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
                          ...it would have been nice to have intelligent conversation instead of drooling and moaning, but what can you do?
                          Okay, who are you and what have you done with Kliggs?

Comment

i keep putting forth Kansas City. Center of the country, has an international air port, plenty of convention places (I've been to many of them)

probably its one huge lack is a public transort system. We have busses, but no tubes/sub ways, no trains, etc.

but if you put it in a place with other stuff in walking distance, all people need is a shuttle/ride to and from the air port

and yeah, i know we're just messing with pipe dreams. Planning a con is a TON, TON, TON of work and difficult enough to do in the same country, much less thousands of miles away.

it just gets old to live hundreds/thousanda of miles from every con and having to always factor in air fare
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Feli View Post
                              Okay, who are you and what have you done with Kliggs?
                              I am my slightly more mature side coming out for a second. Okay fine, drooling and moaning is good too.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
                                I am my slightly more mature side coming out for a second. Okay fine, drooling and moaning is good too.
                                Please don't make it too long a second!

Comment

Working...
                                X