GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Terrah View Post
    Agree with jafacakes, have a great time this weekend, I can't wait to read your post.
    Ditto! Have a safe trip everyone that is still traveling. I can't wait to hear all about your wonderful time meeting each other and Amanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
      LOL! Hope you get over your "sickness!" Hope you have a safe flight (You're likely already up in the air somewhere. )

I'm here firmly ensconsced in the Ren. Met the G4 & many of the team. Lovely, lovely, lovely people. And very funny too!

Met up with ForeverSG1, AmberMoon, and dancer of spaz and we had dinner along with Forever's hubs. Very nice. Though OMG were the portions were so big! And.... we had a desert concoction called... uhhh... hmmm.... I wonder if I can say the second half of the name without getting in trouble here???? LOL! but it really was the name of the desert!!!!!!

Looking forward to registering tomorrow at 2 and to getting ready for the cocktail party. And for sitting down this weekend! Have literally walked the soles off the bottom of my feet!!

Well... gotta go. The business center's connection is 10 pence per minute and I'm under 5 minutes now.... (((((All)))))))
      ShimmeringStar!! Where did you go last night? We lost you, I think. *weeps a little* You should definitely hook up with AmberMoon and Forever this afternoon if you can.

A few of us have plans to go into London and do the tourist-y thing. I think I'm just going to blindly follow Strix (and Coley and 1speed) and their frighteningly detailed tourist agenda, so we can make it back here in time for registration and whatnot. No dilly-dallying! That's the way I like it - you should see me at DisneyWorld...

Anyway, as to all of the lovely ladies who have yet to arrive, hope you've had a safe and relaxing trip over here, whether by plane, train or car! I can't wait to meet ya!

Bt the way, this evening, when you're coming out of the cocktail party, if you find a lost, transient-looking gal who's crashed on one of the chairs in an awkward position... That's me.

Comment

0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finerly made it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow its been a long ride. But i'm glad its here!!!!!!!

I should be arriving at the hotel around 17:00 this evening.

I'm going to try and get some sleep when I get off this machine

Comment

we're going sight seeing too. maybe we'll run into your guys

our goal is to be back at the hotel no later than 4 so we have time to register, then chill out before the cocktail party
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
            I'm glad to hear that everyone is arriving safely. I should be at the hotel around lunch time, so I'll see you all then.
            WhoooHoooo! Will try to hang around and be on the lookout for you then! Another convention of sometype is going in the ballroom on the opposite side of the lobby, *lots of people milling around*
            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
            My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
              ShimmeringStar!! Where did you go last night? We lost you, I think. *weeps a little* You should definitely hook up with AmberMoon and Forever this afternoon if you can.

A few of us have plans to go into London and do the tourist-y thing. I think I'm just going to blindly follow Strix (and Coley and 1speed) and their frighteningly detailed tourist agenda, so we can make it back here in time for registration and whatnot. No dilly-dallying! That's the way I like it - you should see me at DisneyWorld...

Anyway, as to all of the lovely ladies who have yet to arrive, hope you've had a safe and relaxing trip over here, whether by plane, train or car! I can't wait to meet ya!

Bt the way, this evening, when you're coming out of the cocktail party, if you find a lost, transient-looking gal who's crashed on one of the chairs in an awkward position... That's me.
              I know! I took longer than I should have taking my coat off didn't I????! I ended up putting in a call to home to let them know new phone/room number and pulled a few things out of the suitcase, came down, looked around for my dinner partners-in-crime and couldn't find you. Got on the business center computer for a while and then it was already 10:30! Figured I needed to go unpack (since all I'd done when I got here was to dump the suitcases on the floor and hightail it back to the lobby when I arrived in late afternoon!!!) & get my stuff put away so that my roomie'd have all of her space all ready when she gets in early this afternoon.

LOL! You'll have fun today; I guarantee it! Your feet'll be dead tired... Hmmmm... guess that's why you'll be the slouched one in the big upside down looking couch in the lobby. I can't remember how many places I hit each day starting Monday. Though with each day it successively got smaller and smaller as the feet started saying Nooooo Waaaaaay!!!!

(((((spaz))))))) Hope you hav fun!
              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
              My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
                I said "DON'T ENCOURAGE HER!

washer is washing, oven is baking, trash is out, stuff is all over the bed; I must be going on a trip.
                Too late.She's on a roll !
                Hope you had/are having a pleasant flight to the U.K.

Originally posted by Rune View Post
                I didn't think you were a person at all

Kliggy is threatening me!!!!
                Sure...like you're suddenly scared .

Originally posted by GateGipsy View Post
                Finally checking in! Yikes can't believe it is tommorrow!!! What have I missed LOL!

Real life took over I'm afraid. I have had to drop out of the cocktail party I've done a quick scroll but there's so many messages. Can anyone give me the crib notes on what meetups etc there is this weekend?
                Sorry about you having to miss the CT again,Gipsy. (((((((Gipsy)))))))
                I haven't the slightest idea if there are any meets organised this year.RL meant I've been away too.I tried to catch up here,but had to give up !

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                I'm glad to hear that everyone is arriving safely. I should be at the hotel around lunch time, so I'll see you all then.
                HSG ! My Hero .Hoppin' and boppin' fit to burst.
                *Sends HSG some Lindt choc to share with you on the plane*
                See you soon,m'dear Bev O' the Banjo .
                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post

LOL ! Have fun on the tourist trail .Try not to wear yourself out too soon ,though. Stamina is a must ,if you're going to really part-ay !
                  If I see you before the rest come out of the CT,I'll prop you up ,and feed you chocs,ok ?
                  Glad you made it this year.I don't suppose any of you managed to stow away a certain person ,named Agent Dark,did you ?

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL) View Post
                  0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finerly made it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow its been a long ride. But i'm glad its here!!!!!!!

I should be arriving at the hotel around 17:00 this evening.

I'm going to try and get some sleep when I get off this machine
                  Thanks Mal ,for all the "Colourful countdowns".
                  See you later after the CT,or maybe Saturday.Safe journey !

((((((((ShimmeringStar ))))))))): I don't know where you've got all the energy from ..but can I buy some ?

*Scuttles away to get some more prep and stuff done*

Don't wanna work this afternoon.Wanna get going to Gabit !

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS View Post
                    Glad you made it this year.I don't suppose any of you managed to stow away a certain person ,named Agent Dark,did you ?
                    Unfortunately not

Comment

Drat ! ((((((((((((Agent Dark))))))))))) Wish you could have made it.
                      Where was that ruddy lotto winning ticket when you needed it ?
                      (Not sure if you play lottos,but I do !)

Never mind,AD,there are so many Samandans/AT/Sam fans, and all kinds of non-GW Sam/AT fans groups going this time,that there'll be loads of reports and stuff ,in a day or two, here and on the fan-sites .Even more than last year,I think.

Not the same for you as actually being there to see and hear Amanda,but close.
                      (((((AD again))))))

I suppose at least you won't freeze your butt off . It's cold here.I'm bringing a woolly hat to AT2,and furry gloves to wear outdoors..and I don't care if I get laughed at by hardier souls.I like warmth !

Comment

Hope everyone is having fun at the cocktail party! Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Did you bring trivial pursuit this time?
                        sigpic

Comment

Just warning that I left my mobile phone at work! I've no idea what time I will arrive - I'll be on baby gipsy time. I will see y'all when I see ya!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy View Post
                            Hope everyone is having fun at the cocktail party! Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Did you bring trivial pursuit this time?
                            I did not bring trivial pursuit . Wish I had!!!

Yesterday was much to hectic for me! Arrived in Euston at 15:47 and did not get to the hotel untill 18:45! And i used the Heathrow express!!!!

hope to see you later! (((((((gipsy))))))

Comment

the cocktail party was fun. ran into a lot of folks, some new, some not
                              we did duck out of the disco and amanda, wouldn't you know it, was already driving julia nuts since she'd rather talk than stay on time

we just had breakfast and are headed back downstairs for the morning sessions
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS View Post
                                Drat ! ((((((((((((Agent Dark))))))))))) Wish you could have made it.
                                Where was that ruddy lotto winning ticket when you needed it ?
                                (Not sure if you play lottos,but I do !)
                                Well, I'm not sure if AD plays tatts (lotto)...but I did promise him that if I should win the lottery I would take him to meet Amanda...I haven't forgotten AD...it's just...my numbers still haven't come up...yet!!
                                Anyhoo...to all you lucky ducks...have heaps of fun...and if you can remember...or if you get the chance, AD and I would really appreciate it if you could ask Amanda to please come to Aus...she has some really desperate...err...I mean...really great and loyal fans here that would love to meet her!!
                                Have fun everyone...take care and please be safe!!
                                No need for me to say be happy...I'm sure you're all smiling non stop til your cheeks hurt...I'm happy for all of you...have fun!
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X